Thursday, July 10, 2008

Between Love and Hate (Part 6)

The Failure Assassination of the Princess

Retold by Satoto Kusasi



Chapter 1

Princess lived at a mansion which guarded by just one soldier of Wulansari. Therefore, Princess was in jeopardy since an assassin could kill her easily.

While Sora Mahisa busy to prepare his soldiers for fighting against Demak Kingdom. However, he frightened whether his father could kill his lover easily.
Sora had a good planning to solve his problem; he wants to move his soldiers at Kaliurang Village and then would make military HQ at there. Therefore, he could protect his lover beside he do not neglect his duty.

Princess was longing her lover, “Sora darling, I was alone in your quiet mansion. I am afraid to live in this mansion. You had promised me will protect me. So please come to me; I am lonely and sadness.”She cried in loneliness. She realized that she was just a weak woman, looks like a chicken. However she had desired to kill a "python", King Girindrawardana.

She prayed, “Oh Goddess, please help me; give me strength to fight my enemy.”

She mused, “Now I could not be able to do my plan to kill you, Prince Sora Mahisa. Even I must hang in the rope of love tightly. Sora darling, now I can answer your question that you had asked me, did you still love me. Yes, I still loved you and even my love became increase. Because of you must help me otherwise I could be killed; I am still look like a chicken that you have to hide from the python.”


Chapter 2

Akuwu Wengker called on his soldiers for discussing plan of war.

“Gentlemen, even though we were at abroad but we were still in war; we are fighting now. Our enemies want to fight against Demak Kingdom. We were not included in their war; we just kept on watching.

Nevertheless, we have duty; to save our Princess in a mansion at Kaliurang Village. She was in jeopardy since the King could kill her.

I want to mention you concerning her strategy to win this war. She and I have planning to defeat our enemy. We would kill Prince Sora Mahisa and even she wants to kill her lover by herself. She said that she did not love him but hate.

She intentionally went into military HQ just wants to kill her lover. You knew that she asked Sora Mahisa to detain her to replace the refugees’ freedom.

Now I wondered what had happened with her; I assumed that perhaps she had fallen in love again with him for the second time.
Patih Kebo Ireng, could you guess what had happened upon our Princess.”

“In my mind, Princess was still in love with him. However, she had her consideration not to blame him but King Girindrawardana.

My assuming says that the murder of our King was likely an order.
King Girindrawardana ordered his son, Prince Sora Mahisa to kill King Ribut Sakti. If his son had refused his order then the King would have killed his own son.Therefore, we should blame King Girindrawardana, not Prince Sora.

Now we have to decide, shall we give punishment to Prince Sora Mahisa or to King Girindrawardana.”

“King Girindrawardana.” Akuwu answered.

“Yes I have the same answer with you. It seems Prince Sora Mahisa regretted by killing his own father in law and perhaps he became angry to his own father now.

It was a cruel war that everything could happen; even we could see a son could fight against his own father in the next of war.”

Akuwu Wengker gave comment, “Now we have to prove Patih’s theory. Therefore, I want to catch Prince Sora Mahisa when he would have been paying visit to his lover at Kaliurang village. We do not want to torture him but just want to ask him, what his purpose was, by killing our King.Do you agree?”

“We agreed.”

“We hope Mahisa would not bring many soldiers since Kaliurang was a save place.
However, we have to ask Princess whether she agree or not agree by our plan. Therefore, I want to make a letter for her. Singobarbaran would send the letter to her.”

Akuwu Wengker wrote a letter, “Dear Princess, you would be surprise that I had been following you wherever you go. I am glad that you survived up until now. I knew how Sora Mahisa loved you very much and so did you. Moreover, I knew that both of you could not be separated. Nevertheless, it does not mater as long as you are in safe condition.
However, I warned you that King Girindrawardana would kill you, even though his son loved you.

I want to open my card that I want to catch Prince Sora Mahisa and then we want to ask him, what his purpose by killing our father was.Do you agree? If you did not agree then I would have cancelled this plan.

I am Akuwu Wengker.

Singo Barbaran went to Kaliurang Village. He surprised to see many Wulansari soldiers guarding that mansion. Therefore, he returned without result and report to his Commandant.

“How many soldiers at there?”

“I presumed more than one hundred soldiers out side; I did not know at inner side house. Their activity was to prepare a fighting; perhaps their enemy was Demak’s soldiers.”


Chapter 3

People of Wulansari Kingdom had been suffering much since every time their King making war to invade another Kingdoms, continuously. Now, in the contrary Demak Kingdom would attack their Country.

At Head Quarter of east sector, King Girindrawardana was discussing war strategy with his secret agent secretly.

“Why did they want to attack us?” The King asked.

“Perhaps they want to influence their power and to introduce a new religious, Islam.”

“We must defense our Country as hard as we could.”

“You’re Majesty, we have found our weapon was obsolete. We just have spear, sword, keris or blade and arch with arrow.”

“How did our enemy? What our enemy has?”

“They have Mariam and pistol.” (Mariam = Cannon).

“What kind of weapon it was?”

“Mariam is a metal tool that could explode and throw a ball of iron to opponent armies. We did not know the name of it but we had read the name was written on that thing; it was Maria.”

“We have to buy that kind of tool immediately. Where we can buy it?”

“Demak Army did not buy but seize those things from Portuguese when they attack Malaka Peninsula.”

“You have your task to buy Mariam from Portuguese men directly. Will you?”

“Yes I will.
However we have a trick to make Mariam would become useless.You’re Majesty, we will look for where their Mariam had been spent; then we could pour water on its powder then the Mariam would useless; It was easy way.”

“It was Very good.
Bulus Lunyu, you have another task; however the task would be top secret, so please do not divulge it. Would you check this room, whether a spy hearing our conversation?”

“Yes Master I will.” Bulus Lunyu checked and looked for a spy that perhaps had been hearing their conversation.

“I have a problem of family. My son has a lover that I dislike, because of she was our enemy. She was Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi from Medang Kingdom.I want you to kill her for me. Whatever the way you want to kill her; it is up to you.”

Bulus Lunyu kept silent; he mused, “How did I kill a woman who is fiancĂ©e of our Prince. It would be a heavy task for me. I would have hostility against Prince Sora Mahisa if the assassination had divulged. More even the King would have cruelled against his own son if this task had divulged. If I could choice then I would rather say no than yes.”

“Yes You’re Majesty I will do.”

The task must do because the order came from the King who has absolute authority, otherwise, the King could have been angry and given hard punishment.

Bulus Lunyu got meeting with his subordinate at his home secretly. They invited ten soldiers to discuss how the way to kill a woman.

They talked cozy and drank coffee as if the meeting was not a secret meeting. A woman servant served coffee and fried bananas.

“Please shut the door and window; we would start our meeting.” Bulus Lunyu opened the meeting.

“To day we want to discuss how the way to kill a woman. She was just a weak woman who lived in a mansion with a soldier who guarded her. We hope it was an easy job for us.”

“Who was that woman, Master?

“I will let you know later. However, she was lived far away from here at Kaliurang Village, a lonely place. Remember,Just a soldier guarded her.”

“Master, it was an easy job. We have fifty soldiers ready to help you.”

“No I disagreed with you; we would pretend as if we are robber; therefore, we just need ten or twenty soldiers; fifty soldiers is too much.”

“Master, we must conceal our face behind face masking.”

“Yes you are right. Remember, that we have to keep this secret task tightly, do not divulge it. Otherwise, our King would be angry and then give hard punishment to us.”

“Any way, who was our victim?”

“She was a Princess named Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi.
Tomorrow morning we would go to our target, OK?Remember; do not divulge our secret task.”

Then the secret meeting was over; every body went home to prepare their journey to Kaliurang Village.

A woman rode her horse from Bulus Lunyu’s home. She was the servant who wants to go home since her duty as servant was over. She was Ken Melati, Bulus Lunyu servant who had been working at Bulus's home for a long time.

However, she was actually member of secret agent who works for Prince Sora Mahisa.

She came into Sora Mahisa’s office and reported the secret important news.

“Master, please save your lover now; a mob of robber would kill your lover.” Ken Melati said to her Master.

“Thank you Ken Melati. I will protect my lover. Now I would send my trooper.Now you must go abroad. You are in jeopardy therefore you must go abroad. here much money for you, for costing of your travelling. Do not forget for taking entire your family along with you. Please do not come back.”

Prince Sora Mahisa commanded his troops that amount two hundred soldiers to protect his lover immediately. The troops went through forest in the night; they moved secretly and silently.

Early in the morning, the secret troops had reached Kaliurang Village. Their leader faced Putri Sekarpandanwangi, “Master, I am the leader of this troops. Our duty is to protect you from a mob of robber. Prince Sora Mahisa had sent us. Here a letter for you from my Master.”

Princess read the letter; it contended, “Dear lover, I had sent these troops to protect you from a mob of robbers. My troops was amounted two hundred soldiers; that was enough to fight a little mob of robbers, believe me. I loved you very much.”

“Oh Goddess, thank you very much. Now I am no more a chicken but an eagle and even a King eagle with sharp claws on both of my hands.

Oh Mahisa thank you very much. I want you to know that I loved you; I do not want to hurt you because I had changed my strategy of war against your Country. Now, our enemy was your own father, not you. Even I must hang on the rope of love tightly.”

The troops was professional trooper that they prepared them self for defending of robber’s attacking. They assumed the attack would have launched at evening that day.

In the evening when the sun had gone down, a mob rushed in to lonely mansion.
It was Bulus Lunyu and his friends, pretended as if robbers. However, the robbers disappointed when soldiers of Wulansari fought them at sudden. Many arrows flied to its target from the forest, then many robbers fell down to death. Many soldiers Wulansari moved out from inner house and from forest.

Finally, the robbers run away from the battlefield. They run away with their horses toward eastern. They would reach Military Head Quarter at east sector and face King Girindrawardana.

They lost at little battle; five members of them were death. Now they would face the King and report their failure. On the way to HQ, they had discussed the failure to each other.

“Somebody had divulged our secret task; and the traitor must be among of us. Confess who you are.” Bulus Lunyu asked with anger face.

“No body of us, Master. But your servant was a suspect.”

“She had worked with my family for a long time, I cannot believe.”

After rode their horses two days of long journey, finally, they had reached their destination at HQ of their King.

King was at cozy time in his tent. His dayang and Penyewu Boyo Lali accompanied him with his military staffs. Military rule saying that not leave alone a King at battlefield.

Suddenly, a mob came rushed into King’s tent, “You’re Majesty, we failed to do our task because the secret task had divulged before our action have done.”

The King kept silent for a moment; he mused, “Why did they fail? They said because of the secret task had been opened; somebody had opened the secret task and given it to my son. Who was the betray person?”

“Bulus Lunyu, who had divulge our secret task? I had warned you not to divulge it”

“I do not know.”

The King’s face became red and pale changeable. Now he became frightened; he imagines Prince Sora Mahisa would angry and fight against him. Further, a civil war would erupt. Now he became panic.

He thought, “Sora Mahisa has many friends in military group; they sure want to help him. One of them was Penyewu Boyo Pitu. I assumed Boyo Pitu was a betray soldier who had divulge the secret task.”

Suddenly, the King shouted, “Catch Penyewu Boyo Pitu; give him a hard punishment!”

His guards do his commanded. They rushed to Boyo Pitu tents, caught him and tide his hand at sudden. “Hi, what was wrong with me? Please tell me, please judge me; I am clean; I never do wrong!”

His effort did not work; his serviced for his Country was useless. He must be executed by hanging until death, no excuse for him.

Patih Gajah Urip surprised, “Hi what was had happened? Why did my staffs was detained?”Patih faced his King in hurry for asking Boyo Pitu punishment.

“You’re Majesty, why did Penyewu Boyo Pitu was detained? Will you give punishment?”

“Yes I will give hard punishment to him because he divulged my secret task.”

“What was the secret task?”

“You do not have to know it. Now I command you to attack Prince Sora Mahisa at western HQ”

“What? Shall we attack our own friend and also your own son?”

“No he was not our friend or my son but enemy.”

“Ok I will.” Patih Gajah Urip went out of tent.

"The King was going mad; because of he want to punish his own son." Patih thought.

Boyo Lali, brother of Boyo Pitu also went out snaking. He frightened because of he could be detained since he was brother of Boyo Pitu.

Some soldiers brought Penyewu Boyo Pitu to execute his punishment; without to do justice upon him. Poor Boyo Pitu, he was death after hanging.

Boyo Lali rode his horse, told other soldiers that their King had been becoming mad, “Hi friends! I want you to know that our King was mad. I suggest you to leave this Camp and follow me immediately. He had given punishment to my brother; hang until death that was crazy decision of him. Let us go toward western; let us join with west legion.”

“What was the reason?”

“The King accused Boyo Pitu had divulged a secret task; that was a secret task to kill Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi. However, the King has no evidence to accuse Boyo Pitu.”

The soldiers really frightened; therefore, they followed Penyewu Boyo Lali to Kaliurang Village. More than one thousand soldiers had gone to Kaliurang Village, followed Boyo Lali.

Meanwhile, Patih Gajah urip made a secret meeting with his staffs, “You knew that our King was mad; he had given last command to us to attack Prince Sora Mahisa; you could see that it was a crazy command. How a King want to attack his own military staff and even his own son.

Therefore, I command you to raise a white flag when we would have faced the Prince’s legion; I want to make peace with Prince Sora because of Sora our partner, not enemy.

The King had given hard punishment upon our friend, Penyewu Boyo Pitu because the King accused him as traitor by divulging a secret task. He did not mention what the secret task was. But I had asked Bulus Lunyu concerning his task. He confessed that the King wants to kill Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi, but the murder was in vain."

All soldiers agreed and they knew what had happened.


Chapter 4

Kaliurang Village quiet even though the robbers just had robbed the mansion of Princess. Wulansari soldiers collected dead bodies of robber; it was amount five dead bodies.

Two days later, Prince Sora Mahisa came along with two thousand soldiers. Princess was happy; how she was longing of him. Both of creatures hugged and kissed tenderly.

Now Princess afraid to lose her lover, because of she loved Sora Mahisa very much.

“Let us see who the robbers were.” Prince Sora Mahisa said.

They walked to the battlefield and saw. “I knew that they were members of secret agent that works for King Girindrawardana. Then it was clear that the King really wants to kill you. Fortunately, One member of my secret agent had told me their planning to kill you. Now the King would have another planning to hurt us, you and me. Let us wait what he wants to do.”

“Wow, how a father wants to hurt his own son; it was impossible think.”

“Yes I agreed with you darling, but it would be possible in the chaos situation like this. The unity of us was important to fight against King Girindrawardana.”

"Of course you and I could work hand in hand to fight against King Girindrawardana.Darling, you had added my power with many soldiers. I was no more likes chicken but an eagle. Even as King Eagle with sharp claws. On the other hand, I believed the King was just likes a little snake, no more likes a python.”

“Yes you right darling.”

Prince Sora Mahisa commanded his troop to make military HQ completely with camp, kitchen, minaret, weapon storehouse and many things. Therefore, the quiet village became crowded. Prince wants to become the winner in the next war against Demak.

A week had passed, the soldiers became boring; they were boring with war situation continuously; that was because of their King has war business. Unbelievable, how a King has war business.

Prince Sora Mahisa called for readiness; two thousand soldiers formed lines.Prince spoke, “Gentlemen, we were ready to welcome our enemy for fighting. I knew that we were boring by war situation continuously; so we hope the enemy would not come.”

“YES YOU RIGHT PRINCE; we would like be farmers.” The soldiers shouted.

Suddenly, guard that guarding on top minaret faced Sora, “Master, a group of soldiers came straight to our Camp.”

“Are they Demak soldiers?”

“No, seem they used our soldier’s uniform, perhaps they were soldiers from East Sector.”

“Thank you God, they were not Demak soldiers. Let us see!”

Boyo Lali came with one thousand soldiers. He had pale face; sweat dropped from front head and looks frightened.

“Blast! Prince, your father became mad. He had hanged until death my brother.”

“Please be calmed Boyo; let us drink cool water and get rest.”

Boyo Lali drank cool water from earth-flask. He lied down on the ground and got rest.

“What had happened?” Prince Sora Mahisa asked.

“The King had given hard punishment to my brother without do justice. He accused my brother had divulged a secret task. The secret task was to kill Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi. Had Boyo Pitu told you concerning the secret task?”

“No he had not, but my secret agent had told me.So what can I do Boyo?”

“You must prepare your soldiers for a civil war now! Because of the King would come immediately for giving hard punishment to you.”

“I am not guilty; I am clear and even my father had sin that he wants to kill his own daughter in law.”

“Yes I knew you are right. However, you must remember that this Country has no rule of law at all. The man who has power could grip law.”

“If I asked my soldiers to do civil war then they would reject it; how they fight to each other. I want to separate them into two parts. The part 1 that wants to provide King and part 2 that wants to provide me.”

(To be continued)

No comments: