Monday, April 12, 2010

The forbidden love part1

The Forbidden Love (Part 1)
Retold by Satoto Kusasi


Prologue

That evening, Grandma will start telling us a story as usual; however she cancell it and even she cries.
Hi, what is wrong?

I said, “Common Grandma! You have your promise to tell us a sad story of a Princess.”

“You knew that a sad story is not good for you; It will give bad impression in our mind then it feel hurt really in deep of our heart.
Before I start to tell you, I cried and I decided not to tell the story to you.”

“Wuuuuu” The Grandsons protested.

My little brother have suggestion to his Grandma, “Can I give you my suggestion?”

“It is my goodness! Of course you can my dear grandson.”

“Grandma, I already finished my homework early, and my Mom allowed me hearing your story.”

“You will be allowed hearing my story; then what your suggestion is?”

“Could you change that story a little bit ? And it become a good story and would end with happy feeling. Then we can sleep well to night.”

“Yes that is a good idea of you; Nevertheless, can we change the history?”

“Of course you can. Who forbid you?”

“Yes you right. But remember, don’t tell my story to others friend; please promise me. I am afraid somebody will catch me and push me into jail, because of I am the liar teller.”

“Grandma, we want to make everybody be happy and more than that we want to hear good story of you. Believe us that you will never be caught by police officer.”

Grandma will start her story of Princess Dyah Pitaloka, the sadness story of a Princess. Nevertheless, she wants to modify it to become a good story, no sadder story.

She sing a song before her story.

Princess Dyah Pitaloka Citraresmi
That is my name
Every body will cry when heard my name
More even when they heard my biography
I said, it was untrue

Did I do suicide? No, you got wrong news
A Patih forbid his King to marry me.
That is the right news.
That is my problem
My lover’s problem too

Love is powerful
Even the young King has married me
He love me with a true love
Even more, he provided my Country
The Glorious Pajajaran

Two communities agreed with us
That he is a King and I am a Queen
We are leaders of both Countries that has been united
Except a Patih
He disagreed then become angrier.



Chapter 1

The Hindu Temple crowded since every body come into; They want to see Patih (Patih = Chief of Army) Gajah Mada who wants to take oath, the ‘Palapa Oath’.
The people have come to the Temple with their family.
The King also wants to come along with his guard.

What is Patih’s willing? He wants to unite all Nusantara (Indonesia) Archipelagos under the authority of Majapahit Kingdom.

His teacher has ever asked Gajah to unite all Nusantara Archipelagos as desire.
The teacher predicted that a Nation foreigner from western Country, would have been conquering Majapahit Kingdom as long as three hundred and fifty years.
Therefore, the unity of many Kingdoms in Nusantara would be an important idea that could be used to chase the conqueror away.

Much ornament as palm leaf and Majapahit flags decorated Temple building. The flag was red at above and white at below, while at the middle there is a Ganesha picture (Goddess that looks like elephant).

Hindu Priests busy to prepare the oath ceremonial events; They prepared burning incense, bathing water with many flowers for gajah will take bath.

Afterward, Patih Gajah Mada came onto the stage, opened his upper dress, down to make squat position and ready for bathing. The Priest were singing and praying to ask blessing of Goddess for all Majapahit people and especially for Patih.
Afterward, they poured the flowers water on Gajah’s head.

Finally, Patih said his oath, “I do not want to eat Palapa fruit until all the Archipelagos of Nusantara would have been united under the authority of Majapahit Kingdom.”

No body knew what the Palapa fruit is; However, the majority people meant that it is flavor of spices for cooking. In other word, Patih wants to say that he will avoid the happiness feeling until his desire will be come true.

The King speaks to his people, “To day is a beautiful day as if Goddess are attending with us.

I agreed with my Patih, since the unity can make us more powerful than that of dissension. We become a Nation with more powerfully by unity all archipelagos in Nusantara. Therefore, we can be able to chase the enemy away.

Hi People, how you? Did you agree? “

WE AGREED; WE AGREED; VIVA KING; VIVA PATIH! The people shouted.

We should thanks to our predecessor, who have conquered the Eastern and Western of Nusantara; they are Empu Nala and Adytiawarman when they have their duty as Admiral of the Singosari Navy.

My Patih, Gajah Mada will have to finish the rest of Kingdom that don’t want to surrender yet. One of them was Pajajaran Kingdom at western.

Gajah, would you speak? Tell the people what will you do and why must to do.”

“Thank you You’re Majesty.
Hi people of Majapahit, did you hear your King; he agreed with my proposal and how did about you? Did you agree?”

“WE AGREE, WE AGREE.” The people shouted.

“Thank you so much. You asked me, what for to unite all Nusantara? Right?
My teacher asked me to do that job; because of he has predicted that a foreigner Nation from western Country will come and conquer our Country.

They would have been conquering our Country as long as three hundred and fifty years. It was a long times and may would have becoming forever if we did not fight.

Of course, that fighting become duty of our great grandson, not us.
Therefore, we have obligation to give them a weapon. It was not a keris (blade) or a spear but the United of Nusantara. We believed with unity we would become powerful Nation and can be able to chase the enemy away.

Therefore, my proposal has become our proposal.
Thank you indeed.”

Patih Gajah went down from the stage.


Chapter 2

The King at that time was King Prabu Hayam Wuruk, Great Grandson of Raden Wijaya. He is Grandson of Gayatri from Tribuana Tunggadewi mother.
No body knows who the King's father is.

King Hayam Wuruk took over the authority from his mother when his mother has assessed him as eligible enough to be a King.

He is a young adult; His age is twenty-seven years old.
He is the fourth King of Majapahit Kingdom.

His mother, Tribuana Tunggadewi gave suggestion, “Son, you must remember that Pajajaran Kingdom is a Kingdom of your Great Grand pa.

Your Great Grandpa, King Raden Wijaya Kertarajasa, was the first King of this Country. Previously, he was a Prince of Galuh Kingdom at western; Now that Kingdom was Pajajaran Kingdom.

Your Great Grandpa’s father is King Rakeyan Dharmajaya, who was King of Galuh Kingdom. He married with Dyah Lembu Tal, daughter of Mahisa Cempaka.

So, don’t attack that Kingdom and even you have to make friendship with them. Because of you are Sunda young man actually.”

“Wow it was wonderful Mom that I am a Sunda boy.
Nevertheless, we have made agreement already with my people to unite Nusantara and more even Gajah has said his oath; Therefore, your suggestion come late.”

“Remember that you are a King now; Therefore, you can change every decision that you have decided.
Of course, you have to be wise as a King.”

“OK Mom, I will reevaluate your suggestion with my Patih.”

“Again that I want to say, please don’t attack that Country, because it is your Great Grandpa’s”

“Yes Mom.”

“Now I want to show you a picture of a beautiful woman; common son!”

Son and Mom hurried to go to other room. They looked at picture of a woman; it painted at canvas. She is lovely and attractive, as if she is smiling to everyone.
she has a long hair. She has sexy body. She wearied dress of Sunda custom.

“Who is she Mom? She is lovely, I love her.”

“She is a Princess of Pajajaran Kingdom.”

“What is her name?”

“No information about that. The seller cannot give information about her name.”

“Where did you buy this picture?”

“I bought it from Tuban Harbor market. There is especial stall to sell goods from abroad. I found the picture at that site. When I looked at that picture then I remembered you that you have been looking for a partner for a long time.
I knew you still didn’t find yet a woman that you love; do you?”

“Yes I do
However, I can’t marry a picture. I will find that girl !”

“The seller said that the painter had drawn a model who was Princess of Pajajaran Kingdom. Therefore, I asked you not attack that Country but marry their Princess.”

“Yes I agreed with you Mom, one hundred percent.
I love you woman even though you are just a picture.”

“You love, I too. I would be happy if you had married her.”

“How did the way to get that girl?”

Tribuana kept silent; she mused to answer the question so did her son.


Chapter 3

Prabu Hayam Wuruk led the war meeting. Military staffs of Majapahit Army as well as Patih Gajah Mada attended the meeting.

“Thank you for your coming. To day, we want to discuss the preparation of war to attack Pajajaran Kingdom at west. Patih, will you give your report.” King said.

“We are ready for combating. The amount of our soldiers is five thousand persons; we have one hundred and fifty ships. We will depart from Tuban Harbor. We will reach our destination at Sunda Kalapa Harbor. The journey will take three days sailing.

We will build our Head Quarter at Sunda Kalapa. (now Jakarta City)” Gajah Mada explaind his plan.

“That was perfect preparation. How to attack?” The King asked

“We will send a group of secret agent to spy; we will send them until reaching their Capital City, Pakuan City (now Bogor City). After they will have collected the enemy’s data then they will return to our HQ; and finally, we will attack properly.”

“I want to join with secret agent group. Who is their Commandant?” The King asked.

“I am the Commandant. My name is Banyu Urip, Penyewu (staff ranking with subordinate one thousand soldiers.).”

“Banyu Urip, I want to join with your group. Thank you.”

No one wants to ask to their King, why the King wants to join the spy group. Not peculiar the King joining his Army at battlefield.
He always follow his Army to conquer enemy Kingdom, when he was a young boy as Princess; However he is a King now, then it should be differend; He should just stay in the Palace.

“Banyu Urip, would you take care your King; save your King from disaster and jeopardy; avoid him from dangerous situation.” Patih Gajah Mada asked Banyu.

“Yes I will, Sir.”

“Don’t worry Banyu since I can help my self and even I am stronger than that of you.”

“Thank you You’re Majesty.”

The Majapahit Armada have departed from Tuban Harbor.

They reached Sunda Kalapa Harbor in save condition and they built HQ at there.

The King included among his soldier. He is happy wants to see the beautiful Country and the beautiful Princess as he has seen in the picture.
He imagines that he could find the woman that has been painted on the picture.
He is crazy in love with the woman, even though just a picture.


Chapter 4

Banyu Urip came into King’s tent, “You’re Majesty, I am Banyu Urip want to report concerning our plan. May I?”

“Yes you may, come on in!.”

“I have forty members of subordinate. We will walk in the forest as long as three days since we don’t want to use the formal road. We will use horses until we reach the edge of forest; then we leave our horses.

Our target is to find data of their Army power, the safe way to reach their Capital city and also the other data that could be used to win this war.
You’re Majesty, do you have suggestion?”

“Yes I have. I want you not to call me a King, Lord, Prabu or you’re Majesty.
Because of we will do spying.
I have my false identity; call me Jaran Moro.
I became your subordinate, the new member of your group.”

“Jaran, you are still my King,”

“Thank you Banyu. I heard that Pajajaran was a beautiful Country. They have beautiful panoramic of mountain, meadow, river and valley. More over, their young women are pretty; what was your opine Banyu?”

“Yes they said like that but I have never visited this Country. Therefore, we can prove what they said.”

“I love this Country.”

“Why do you love this Country?”

“Banyu, I saw picture of a woman that painted at canvas; she is lovely; she is a sunda woman. I love the woman on that picture.
Some body said that the woman is a Princess, Princess of Pajajaran Kingdom.”

“Now I know, that is the reason why you want to follow us, do you?”

“Yes I do, because of the woman in the picture.”

“Do you know the name of her?” Banyu Urip asked.

“No I don’t know; do you?”

“I found data concerning this Country, The King is King Maharaja Linggabuana; her daughter is Princess Dyah Pitaloka Citraresmi; their Patih is Panglima Maung Jaya.”

“Then the name of that woman is Dyah … what?”

“Dyah Pitaloka Citraresmi.”

“Dyah I love you.Your name is Dyah Pitaloka Citraresmi; the beautiul name of you.I will find you Dyah because I love you even though I have never met you.”

“But you must remember that we want to make war, not a picnic.
Therefore, they are enemies not friends.” Banyu Urip said.

“What you say? We want to make war…. Oh no, they are friends actually, not enemies.”

“Jaran wake up! We are at war now. Remember Palapa Oath; we have our agreement to unite Nusantara.
Even you said that you agreed with Patih’s oath.
Now you make me confuse Jaran!”

Jaran Moro kept silent; he mused, "Remembered his mother’s order not attack the Country since it was your Great Grandpa Kingdom”.
Now, He become confusing also .

Why The King didn’t ask Gajah to cancel the attack when he led the war meeting before?. Again, he remembered when her mother said that, "You are a King now and then you can cancel every mater that you have decided".

In deep of King’s heart, he regret his mistake

Finally the King said, “Banyu, I want to make Pajajaran Kingdom to become friendship Country with Majapahit Kingdom. That was my decision. In this case, I want all of you to forget the Palapa Oath, included Patih Gajah Mada’s order.”

“Jaran you are a King, we obey you. So, shall we cancel our task now?”

Jaran kept silent. How cancel the war machine when it has been started? It was impossible thing to stop it. The war Lord, Patih Gajah Mada will be angry by then.

“I confused now; what do you think?” The King said.

“It would be better we go forward as we have planned it.
Goddess will help us.”

“Thank you Banyu.”


Chapter 5

People of Pajajaran were uproar since their King have announced that enemies will come and destroy their Kingdom. The enemies are Majapahit soldiers.

Every young man applied to be soldier. They want to provide their Country.
Some peoples have evacuated their belonging as well as their family to inner Countryside, left their home behind at Pakuan City.

King Maharaja Linggabuana made war meeting continuously. Day by day, they prepared the war that will happen.
The King asked farmer to save their rice to use the war logistic. The wall of the Palace has to be fixed and many others thing to block enemies movement.

Panglima Maung Jaya prepared his soldiers, made many traps at the roadway to Pakuan City and military practiced every day.

Princess Dyah Pitaloka was not happy to face the political situation in her Country.
She said in her poem,

Why the war must begin
Who was the man behind the brutal soldiers
Goddess, I asked you
Please save my Country

Parahyangan is name of my Country
The place of Goddess’s home
God will protect their own home
Goddess, please help us.

I want to make peace with my enemies
Even I will hug the first enemy
Who would have come first to my Palace
For the shake of peace

God please help us
You are the Master of your scenario
You already knew what would have been then
Please make it happy ending

I will donate my soul
If the war really happened
A woman can be able to fight
Even though she is a weak creature


To be continued.














Sydney Aquarium

No comments: