Monday, April 12, 2010

The forbidden love part 3

Wednesday, May 21, 2008
The Forbidden Love (Part 3)
Enemies at the Gate...

Retold by Satoto Kusasi


Chapter 1

King Maharaja Linggabuana has prepared a specially room for using war discussion day by day. Prabu Hayam Wuruk and his staffs will work in this room along with King Linggabuana as well as Princess, Panglima, Ujang Lumut and Dayang Lembayung.

That is impossible thing or hard to believe, how an enemy King can work hand in hand with his opponent in a war.

“We can’t be able to send a letter to Patih Gajah at Sunda Kelapa since the road has been blocked by enemy soldiers.” Panglima Maung Jaya gave report to his King.

“How many soldiers of enemy will come to attack us?” The King asked.

“According to our secret agent, they are just one thousand soldiers. Therefore, we can win the war since our amount is five thousand soldiers, include two thousand of voluntary.” Panglima answered.

“When they will come?” The King asked.

“In next three days, at least four days.

In this mater, I want to ask our friend, King of Majapahit, why did Gajah just send a few soldiers to attack us?
Do Majapahit have low opinion to us?”
Panglima asked Prabu Hayam Wuruk.

Prabu Hayam Wuruk answered, “Our Army has custom as our rule while begin to attack; Before attacking, we have to try to make peace with our enemy.
Therefore, that troops were not suppose to make war but peace; they look like peace delegation.
They will bring Gajah’s letter, asking their opponent to surrender.
If they have refused to surrender then we would have attacked properly.”

“What you say? They will come just for asking us to surrender.
They insulted us. I become angry furiously.
I am the man who want to kill that delegation.”
King Maharaja Linggabuana shouted.

“I too, I will kill the entire delegation troops.” Panglima also shouted.

Every guard at there hold his spear tightly as if the Majapahit has come already.

“Please be calm! Don’t shout. Do you realize that we want to use The King Majapahit’s service? Hi King of Majapahit, will you pay your debt?”
The Princess asked to King Hayam Wuruk.

“Yes I will, my beautiful Princess.” Prabu Hayam Wuruk answered.

“Now show your effort to us. What will you do facing your own delegation and his troops?” The Princess asked.

“The delegation will come into this Palace, give the letter to King Linggabuana.
You have your right to be angry and even to kill the delegation.
Nevertheless, I want to suggest you not to kill that soldier.
I will come out from my hiding and face that delegation.
And we hope everything would be running well.”

“Your mention was not clear. What you want to say to the delegation?”

Prabu Hayam Wuruk keep silent. He don’t want to speak any more.
The room became quiet for a while since no body wants to speak.

King Hayam Wuruk can’t be able to answer Princess asking. Perhaps he really have no idea to face his own delegation; What he wants to say to his own delegation?.

Now he looks sick since he held his head as if he got headache.

Afterward, Princess asked her father, “Father, our guest seems got sick; Perhaps he is suffering mental depression.
Will you allow him to get rest for a while in a room?”

“Yes you right. Please go on.”

Princess hold Prabu’s hand then they go to a guest room.

Prabu Hayam Wuruk excited, his heartbeat increased and sweat dropped from his front head, because of she held his hand.

“I am in love with her; I can’t deny my feeling. Please Dyah be my wife.” He thought.

“Now you have reached your destination, a sweet room that you can sleep for a while. Good sleep King!
I knew that you are the King who beloved by your own people.” Dyah said.

“Please Dyah, don’t leave me alone in this room.
I have gotten the word that I want to say to the delegation.”

Princess turned into the room back, “What is it?”

“Please don’t call me King, but just brother Hayam, because I love you.”

“What you say? Will you repeat your word for me?”

“I love you with all my heart.”

“You are my enemy and even the King of my enemy.
How come you could be in love to me ?
It is an awkward feeling of you.” Dyah said

“But it is a true love.
I don’t care whether you are a Princess of a Kingdom that we want to attack, That is not our problem.”

“No, we must concern it. Because of you are a King, even my enemy King.

Even more Patih Gajah, who will act a bad action; I believe it.
Gajah will never agree with his King who wants to marry with Princess of his enemy?
Please think twice before you love me.” Princess said seriously.

“Dyah listen to me, I love you and I will leave my Kingdom then I will provide your Kingdom.”

“Will you? You will betray your own Kingdom.?
Brother Hayam, Goddess has elected you as a King. If you betrayed your Kingdom then Goddess will curse on you.”

“I want to make peace with Pajajaran Kingdom. The Country would be friendship Country with Majapahit. Both of people will leave side by side with peace and we want to make them happy and prosperous.
More even, both Countries could merge since their King and their Princess as one family.”

“The sound is good; but that’s just a planning of you.
Let us think our problem now.” Dyah said

“That is what I want to say.
The problem of ours was to find proper word for saying to the delegation, right?.”

“Do you find it?”

“Yes I did.”

“What was it?”

“I want to say to the delegation that my presence at Head Quarter of our enemy, want to propose my marriage to the King Linggabuana, since I want to marry Princess Dyah Pitaloka.”

“You are clever. However, if I refused you then you could not find the word. Do you?”

“Yes I do, so please, Dyah I love you.
My love has no correlation with my plan to say something to the delegation.
Will you accept my love?” King Hayam Wuruk asked politely.

The Princess stared to brother Hayam and finally she said, “I love you too.”
She bent down her head since she feel shame, but happiness.

Prabu Hayam Wuruk hold, hug and kiss her affectionaly. “To day is the happiest day in my life.”

Afterward Princess wasn’t sure the King’s love, “Brother, I am not sure that you love me. Perhaps you already have your real wife then I am just your concubine.
If so then I don’t want to be your wife.”

“Please believe me, I am a bachelor boy.”

“I want you to agree with my proposal that the next King of Majapahit and Pajajaran would be my son and your son also.
The son that would have delivered from my womb. Will you agree?

“Of course I agreed with you. Believe me, that you are the first woman for me. You will be a Consort of Majapahit Kingdom and Pajajaran Kingdom too.”

She bent down and mused, “My father didn’t want to take you as his son in law.
How an enemy King can be his son in law? It will be an awkward thought.
If so then he has to find other word to say to the delegation. It will be discussed in the forum.”

Afterward, she said, “The problem was clear now because you have found the word.”

“Let us go to the meeting forum.” The King said.

The couple lover go to discussion room after a quarter hour.

Every body stared to both and they asked in their heart, “What they have done in that room? Hayam Wuruk became fresh appearance; suppose that the Princess has given a good drug to the King.”

The Princess walk slowly, feel shame and bent down her red face. On the other hand Hayam Wuruk was different; he looks confidence, smiled and happy.

“Are you alright?” King Maharaja Linggabuana asked.

“Yes I am fine.” King Hayam Wuruk answered.

The forum became relax for a while, seems they have talked another topic, not war. When the King Majapahit came into the room, they become fear again.

Dyah Pitaloka approached her father, said, “Father, we have found the word that want to say it to the delegation properly. we have found it when we were in that room.”

“Do you have your own discussion in that room ? it was funny. What is that?”

“He said that he love me; it is a true love. I accepted his love and hoping no more war between the two Kingdoms.
He will say to the delegation that his presence in enemy’s HQ just wants to propose marriage that he wants to marry Princess of this Kingdom.”

“What you say? Shall I have a son in law as my enemy? It was impossible thing.” King Linggabuana said with high tone saying.

“What was happened?” Panglima Maung Jaya asked King with frightened mimic.

“Dyah, will you tell your problem to your uncle please?”

“I am a Sunda woman who keep our tradition that was a taboo telling private problem concerning marriage. Brother Hayam, would you please to announce our relation ship to this forum. Would you please to propose me as your wife to my father formally?”

King Prabu Hayam Wuruk stood up and say, “I am not hesitate to propose formally.
Dear father, King Maharaja Linggabuana, I am King Prabu Hayam Wuruk want to ask your permitted whether your daughter could be my wife. I promised you to take care of her kindly.
Would you allow me to take your daughter to be my wife?”

King Maharaja Linggabuana became confuse to hear the question; it was formal propose from a King of Majapahit Kingdom.
However, he was enemy; even The King of real enemies.
Therefore, It was a big problem of him.

The King mused for a while, “You look like a tiger from wild forest, sat in front of me, swing your tail as clue of loyalty; but you are really a tiger. No doubt that you are a beast animal.”

The room became quiet since every body is waiting the King answer.

The King prayed in his heart, “Oh Goddess, please give me a solution in this problem; please give me your way of solution.”

He mused again, “Shall I accept or refuse him? If I have refused his proposal then I would be right. He still pay his debt to draw his soldiers back to Singosari. However, he and his soldiers may could come again. The most of all, my daughter's heart will be broken.

If I have accepted his proposal then I would be right also. I believed that they would not come again. My daughter will be happy then.

Finally, the King said his answering, “I will, and then I will call you son before your name.
However, you must provide Pajajaran Kingdom.Because of you are a member of our Royal Family

We have obligation to protect you as long as you have been at Pajajaran Kingdom. However, we would have been watching on you as long as you you have been at Majapahit.
Will you provide Pajajaran Kingdom son?”

“Yes I will, father.”

“We hope that you could send Gajah and his soldiers back to Singosari.
That is your duty now as a son to his father. Can you?”

“Yes I can.”

Panglima Maung Jaya asked King Prabu Hayam Wuruk, “If you have provided Pajajaran Kingdom then how can you provide Majapahit Kingdom too?
You must remember that we were at war now.”

“Majapahit was my Kingdom and even I am the King. Therefore, I want to merge the two Countries. Princess and I will be a Queen and a King of both Kingdom that would have been united.
Do you agree?”

“Yes I do” Panglima answered.

“It would be good son, I agreed with you.” King Maharaja Linggabuana said.

The members of war forum meeting were satisfied and even exited; they found an unexpected happened that their Princess will merry with King of Majapahit.


Chapter 2

On next three days, the cavalry soldiers of Majapahit are coming. Palace staffs and people can hear gallop of many horses.
The leader is Penyewu Singo Lodra and his staff, Jalak Ireng. Jalak Ireng carried white flag while Penyewu Singo Lodra carried Majapahit flag.

The cavalry horses go forward until reached the Palace Gate. Then they erected many tents at there. They were confidence even conceited.

They didn’t find any soldier of Pajajaran and people. Where are they? The soldiers of Pajajaran are hiding in the forest but they are ready to combat.
Because Jalak Ireng carried the white flag, as a clue of peace; therefore, Pajajaran Army didn’t want to attack, just waiting.

The people have gone a week ago to the deep Country, left behind their houses and their belonging since they avoid battlefield.

While King Maharaja Linggabuana waited the enemies in his Palace, The King was accompanied by King Majapahit, Panglima Maung Jaya and many military staffs as well as Royal Family and Ministries. They were relief since Jalak Ireng carried a white flag.

The enemies soldiers worked calmly erected their tents and waved their flag. The big tent must be Singo Lodra’s. They used it also for their office. The big flag waved in front that tent. Seem they will get rest that night. Tomorrow morning they will work.

Common field at front The Palace covered with soldiers's white tents. They keep silent, no one singing, laughing or talking; Therefore, the camp was silent. Just a few guards stroke bamboo to do his guarding.

In the next morning, Jalak Ireng come out from the Camp, ride his horse and carry a white flag. He rode his horse straight to the Palace gate.

A guard of Pajajaran stopped him, “Stop and turn down! What do you want to?”

“I want to face your King with peace purpose.”

“Who are you?”

“I am peace delegation of Majapahit Kingdom.”

“Put your weapon down at here.”

“You must be polite to face the delegation of Majapahit.”

“It was rule of us; every body that wants to enter our Palace must put their weapon down on the ground, no excuse.”

“I am excused because of I am peace delegation of Majapahit Kingdom.”

“Peace? Look at your friends over there, they challenged us to fight; is that you mean of peace? If you didn’t want to put your weapon down then you can’t be allowed enter.”

Jalak Ireng's face become red; with slowly moving, he put his sword, keris, arch and spear on the ground.

He ride his horse pass the Gate without talking any more. He reach the Palace, open the door of Balairung.

The King and his friends were at there, have been waiting him since an hour ago.

Jalak put squat position, moved slowly with still in squat position, until he reached at front the Throne of King. He sat in cross-legged position, united his palm and said, “The Great King Maharaja Linggabuana, I am peace delegation of Majapahit Kingdom, want to give you a letter from Patih Gajah Mada.”

The King went down from his Throne and took the letter from Jalak's hand.
The King went back to his Throne and read the letter.

The letter contended, “Greet to The Great King Maharaja Linggabuana and the Royal Family as well as the entire staffs of Pajajaran Kingdom, congratulation, and wishes good luck to all of you.
I am Patih Gajah Mada from Majapahit Kingdom want to ask you to unite both Countries to be one Kingdom under ruled of Majapahit Kingdom for prosperity the people of both Countries.
Sincerely, Patih Gajah Mada.”

The King didn’t satisfy to read that letter; his front head wrinkled as clue of unpleasant
He gave the letter to Panglima Maung Jaya. Panglima read along with Princess.

Afterward, Panglima shouted, “Bastard you, I am going to kill you.”

Jalak Ireng frightened, pale face and sweat dropped from her front head, “Oh Goddess, please safe me, protect me.” He prayed.

Panglima unsheathed his kujang (kujang=blade), approached Jalak Ireng and almost stabbing his kujang when suddenly a man from side room shouted, “Please don’t kill him; he is my best staff!”

Panglima stopped his action and go back to his chair.

A man run to near Jalak Ireng, protected him and said, “Don’t worry; I am here with you.”

“You, you are my King; why you have been here?” Jalak asked, suprising.

“It was a long story to tell you; but I want to short it, I want to marry with Princess Dyah Pitaloka. Therefore, I am here now to propose my marriage to her father, King Maharaja Linggabuana.”

“You’re Majesty, thank you very much; you have safe my life.
I am also happy to hear you.
Will you tell my Commandant, Penyewu Singo Lodra.
Let him know that you presence at enemy Palace to propose your marriage.”

“I cannot go out from this Palace; but I will write a letter for Patih Gajah Mada as well as your Commandant. Please tell your Commandant that you have seen your King at this Palace.”

King Prabu Hayam Wuruk write a letter; his sweetheart accompanied him.
The letter contended,

“To Patih Gajah MadaFrom King Hayam Wuruk.
I want you to know that I am going to marry with Princess Putri Dyah Pitaloka. Now I am here at the Palace of Pajajaran, to propose my marriage to her father, King Maharaja Linggabuana.

I command you to retreat our entire soldiers, back to Singosari.

I decided to make peace with this Country, Pajajaran Kingdom; no more war.
Because of this Country was the Kingdom of my father in law.

I would like you can do my command accurately and properly.

Your King
King Prabu Hayam Wuruk
The King of Majapahit.


King Maharaja Linggabuana as well as Panglima read the letter and they satisfied.

The King make the same letter for Penyewu Singo Lodra. He give the two letters to Jalak Ireng. Jalak keep the letters and retreate back with squat position until he reached the Balairung door.

He ride his horse, take his weapon and return to his Camp.

He face his Commandant, Penyewu Singo Lodra, “Surprise !, our King was at there; he wants to marry with the Princess of Pajajaran Kingdom.”

“What you say? Our King attended at the Palace of enemy.
He wants to marry the enemy Princess. It was strange, unusual and awkward.
We blamed Penyewu Banyu Urip who didn’t protect his King properly.
I am sure our King has been kidnaped by enemy.”

“However, The King looks happy since he wants to marry. seems to me the enemy didn’t detain him.”

“That what was I meant, that events is strange and awkward.
We must report this happening to our Patih immediately.
You and I must go to our HQ now.
Boyo Moro will submit our position. The soldiers will stay at their tent.”

That day Singo lodra and Jalak Ireng go to Sunda Kelapa in hurry.


(To be continued)
Posted by Satoto Kusasi at 11:10 PM
0 comments:

No comments: