Sunday, April 18, 2010

Between love and hate, part 7

Sunday, July 13, 2008
Between Love and Hate (Part 7)
The King Become Mad

Retold by Satoto Kusasi



Chapter 1

“You right Prince, ask them whether they want to provide you or King; Do it now.
We haven’t much time since the King will come immediately.”

Prince Sora Mahisa speaks, “Gentlemen, we have many guests that come from HQ East Sector. They said that our King was very angry to me and will give hard punishment to me. I knew you asked me what the reason is.

The reason is a woman who is my lover. My father disagreed with our plan to marry. Then he will come with his soldiers to do hard punishment upon both of us, my lover and I. Now I want to ask you all, do you agree with my plan to marry?”

“WE AGREED WITH YOU.” All the soldiers shouted.

“Thank you very much. However, the problem would not just be agree or disagree. The problem that has faced us was civil war will erupt. Because of the King will punished both of us.

Now I want to know, do you want to help me as your leader or do you want to help the King?

If you want to help me then you will stay at right of row;
if you want to help the King then you will stay at left of row.

The King will come soon, therefore, we haven’t much time to decide; Now do it !”

The soldiers confused, then they asked to each other. Some of them give comment, “It is Royal Family problem not us; They should have surpassed their solution by their own.”

“Come on, hurry up time goes on and we have a limited time.” Prince shouted.

Suddenly every body heard a sound of female who read poetry,



The war continued never end
Many soldiers dead, their family cried
Who order this criminal act?
He was a mad King.

Even the King has killed his own best of staff
His services to his Country was useless
Good-bye to you Boyo Pitu
We regretted your dieing

Now the mad King will come soon
His own son will be his targeted
Punishment will come to Prince
Just because the son want to marry

Will you provide the mad King?
Think twice, do not make mistake
It was the problem of Kingdom
Kingdom's fate was in your hand

I suggest you to provide Prince Sora Mahisa
Down with the mad King
Ended the useless war
People are longing peaceful.


Not so long, the poetry reader comes out from mansion. She is great, pretty and charismatic. She walks slowly to her lover. Sora approachs her, guided onto stage and says, “Gentlemen, actually this woman has become the central point of our problem now. Because of my father disagreed with our marrying.
However, I didn’t blame her but father.
Do you agree with this pretty woman who would be my wife?”

“AGREED, AGREED” All the soldiers shouted.

“If so then we will unite to fight against mad King.
The King will come soon; Let us welcome him and fight him.”

The soldiers move toward Eastern to welcome King Girindrawardana. Now they are a solid line to provide Prince; No one soldier provide the King.


Chapter 2

Meanwhile, Akuwu Wengker and the entire Medang soldiers watched the event that has happen in front the mansion.

Ki Manjangan admired his Princess. He comments, “Princess has become central point of their problem, Sora said. Yes I agreed with you Sora and even more she is looks like an arrow that has penetrated into your Army.
She can be able to trigger a civil war that the son will fight against his own father.”

Akuwu Wengker says, “Don’t be happy Ki Manjangan since their problem not yet finish and even your Princess could be killed by her father in law.

Now I command to all of you to join Wulansari soldiers to fight against King Girindrawardana.”

“No I disagreed with you; remember Wulansari is our enemy and even our cruel enemy; We still at war now.” Patih Kebo Ireng says furiously.

“Patih, I am afraid Princess will be in jeopardy. How we can protect her?”

“We have sent just a woman soldier to battlefield in this war.
and now we saw good result of her fighting; Even though she fought alone.

That soldier is Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi. She is a brave soldier.
She has hold up by her lover. Therefore, don’t be afraid.
Let us watch them what will happen next.” Patih Kebo Ireng said.

“You right Patih. But we must ready for combating.
If the King defeated Sora then we will join into battle to help Sora.” Akuwu said.

“Your planning is good. Let them know what we want to do to.
I suggest you to tell them that we want to help Sora. Because it’s a sin to kill a father by someone else.”

“How?”

“You have to write a letter and give it to Princess.
Ki Manjangan and Singo Barbaran will send the letter.”

“Thank you Patih and I will write a letter,

Akuwu Wengker writes, “Dear Princess, we want to join into the battlefield and help Sora Mahisa to kill his father. It would be a sin of him if he had killed his own father.We greeted to your fiancé, Prince Sora Mahisa.

Sincerely,
Akuwu Wengker

“How could send this letter Master ?. It’s impossible task.” Ki Manjangan asked frightening.

“We have two military uniforms of Wulansari soldier; You can use it and we hope they didn’t know you as intruder.” Akuwu said.

Ki Manjangan and Singo Barbaran with wulansari uniform soldier join into enemy’s line
However, Singo Barbaran comes late; Finally he hide behind a tree while Ki Manjangan didn’t aware, left him behind.

Ki Manjangan forwarded into their line. The enemies welcome Ki Manjangan who comes late. Because of he comes late then Wulansari soldiers asked him with a sandy code for that day. Of course, Ki Manjangan can’t answer the sandy code.

Therefore, they detained Ki Manjangan, tied his hand and brought him to Penyewu.

“Who are you? Are you Demak's spy?” The Penyewu asked him.

“I am soldier of Medang Kingdom. I want to meet Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi. I want to give her a letter.”

Surprised, the Penyewu become polite when heard Medang .
He released hands tied, brought him and faced him to Princess and Prince.

Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi laughed at him, “Your uniform is too large Ki Manjangan. I told you, don’t come to near me; you just watching me from a distance.”

Ki Manjanagn bowed to greet his Princess and then gave the letter.

She and her lover read the letter together. She’s happy and more even Sora Mahisa. Sora is happy because Akuwu Wengker has sent greeting, “Now I have my permit to go further into Sekarpandanwangi’s family. That is mean I have already become part of their family. Their family's door has been openend by Akuwu” Sora said.

"Darling, I have opened that ‘door’ for you before Akuwu did." Princess said seriously.

"Wow. thank you darling."

“Ki Manjangan, thank you for your coming; send my regard to our Commandant at war, Akuwu Wengker. This is an answered letter to your Commandant.”

The letter contended is, Dear brother, I knew that you would be angry to me since the scenario of ours didn’t match with the reality. I don’t want to kill Prince Sora Mahisa; Even I love him much more than before. I have to hold the rope of love more tightly other wise I would fallen down to death.

We, Sora and I have plan to kill King Girindrawardana since he was the real assassin of our father. Prince Sora Mahisa is happy hearing your greeting.
Thank you so much for your helping.
Pincess Putri Sekarpandanwangi.

Ki Manjangan ride his horse to his camp. He meet his subordinate who hid behind a tree.

“Hi why you hide behind a tree?”

“I have been waiting you for two days; I am not hide. If you didn’t show up then I will guess you have been detained by enemy.
Then I will go into enemy’s row to help you.”

"You are coward right? Confess!"


Chapter 3

Three thousand amounts of Wulansari soldiers departed from East Sector HQ to Western, Kaliurang Village percisely.
The leader is King himself and Patih Gajah Urip.

They have been walking for two days long of journey, now their destination is almost reaching.

King Girindrawardana is still angry to his son, “I want to see Prince and his lover hanging until death.” The King thought.

His anger not subside as wrinkle on his front head as a clue.
The King ride his horse at the rear of line, slowly and calmly.

Meanwhile, Patih Gajah Urip at the front of line, “I would prefer fight Demak’s Army than fight my own friend Sora.
Why did my King want to punish his own son? Because of Prince just want to marry, The King is really mad. It doesn’t make sense ” He mused.

The cavalry soldiers at front row rode their horse fast; The horses gallop made dust flying, therefore view become vague. The horses at behind also making fast .

Nevertheless, every soldier raised his white flag; white flag spread over head of the cavalry soldiers. What was that mean? They want to make peace not war.

The King at rear of row thought, “The war just began; I have to see the war happening; so I must fast my horse.”

The King saw Patih Gajah Urip are talking with Prince Sora Mahisa. Patih went down from his horse, so did Prince; then both of them shake their hands.

“What? Why did they shake their hands? Oh my God, that is a rebellion against my authority; Now I realized that they have become rebels.
I must go away and safe my life.”

The King turns his horse back and ride fast toward east. He rode his horse fast and fast. His soldiers are watching their King. The King turned his head and saw that entire his soldiers have been watching him.
The King become frightened, then he fast his horse.

King’s horse become fatigue and make slow its moving.

“Come on horse, move fast and safe my life. Do you want to be rebel too?”

A soldier turned his horse, fast his horse, unsheathed his sword and run after the King. Seems he want to kill his King.

However, Prince Sora Mahisa shouted, “NO. Do not kill him, let him go!”
The soldier obeyed and returned.

Suddenly, a mob of soldiers come down from top of a hill. Their leader used mask to conceal his face. Surprised that Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi join with that strange group of soldiers, even she is at front line.

They are Medang soldiers, led by Akuwu Wengker.
Their amount just two hundred soldiers.

Princess rode her horse calmly, run after the King; she thought, “Hi King you have to pay your debt to us. I knew you are just a little snake, no more likely a python. You must know that I am a King Eagle now, not a chicken. I am flying over to catch you as my prey."

King’ horse was so fatigue that finally it stopped; it could be able to move its leg.

Princess came, neared and approached her enemy. She unsheathed her keris. The same keris that has ever been used to kill King Ribut Sakti.

“Hi King, to day you have to pay your debt.” Princess Sekar said

“What kind of debt?” The King asked.

“You have killed my father, King Ribut Sakti; And now you must die to pay back my father’s soul”. Princess Sekar mention

“I am not a killer but my son, Prince Sora Mahisa.”
The King unsheathed his sword; It was King’s sword, sharp, long and heavy.

“However, you have ordered that murder, now pay back!” Princess said.

Princess moves forward two steps.
The King swing his sword straight to her head.
However, she bent down then the sword flew over her head.

Because of the heavy sword, the King’s step got imbalanced. That is an opportunity for Princess to stab the keris on to his chest.
Then the King fall down to earth.

Akuwu Wengker approachs the site of fighting. He saw the King is going to die.
Blood flow from his wound, dropped and stained the ground.

The King murmurs, “Give me water please!”
Akuwu Wengker goes down from his horse, approachs him and gives his earthen jug water.

“Thank you very much”

“I too, thank you very much for the paying back of your debt.”

Prince Sora Mahisa comes, goes down from his horse, approachs Akuwu Wengker and give his hands. They shake hands in front the King. All soldiers saw the event. Is that a ceremonial peace agreement between Wulansari and Medang?

Patih Kebo ireng, Jaran Edan as well as Medang soldiers disappointed to see acting of their comandant.

Sora nears his father and says, “I am sorry father that I can’t help you.”

“You don’t have to; Even I say sorry to you. I knew that I have done mistaken on both of you. Now I knew that your wife is great, brave and appropriate for you, so please take care of her.”

Finally, the King is death already. The corpse lay down on stage at the site of murdering. The secretary has built a stage at there.
The Government of Wulansari announced that the King has passed away.

The entire soldiers of Wulansari are grieve. However, some of them are happy and even they dance and sing. Especially Penyewu Boyo Lali and his subordinates as well as subordinates of Boyo Pitu.


Chapter 4

The Medang soldiers led by Akuwu Wengker are among many soldiers of Wulansari. The two groups separated by stage of corpse. Nevertheless, they are still at war. Therefore, the two groups can make new war. It’s risky and dangerous.

Wulansari Kingdom's secretary announced, that Demak Kingdom had cancelled their attacking, because they have been fighting against Portuguese which launch counter attack.

Prince Sora Mahisa along with entire soldiers were happy to hear it; the soldiers shouted in happiness. They really tired to do war.

Suddenly Medang's armies move toward their enemy
“Hi Wulansari soldiers, let us continue our fighting.” Jaran Edan shouted then he moved forward with sword in his hand. One hundreds soldiers followed him.

The new war is almost to began. The situation scared and even many arrows from both side has flown to each target.

Princess Putri Sekar goes toward in between. She through away every arrow with her sword, "Stop! Don’t move!. I said stop!"

Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi climbs the stage and speaks, “ Jaran! Stop your action! Soldiers! I command you return to your line!
The place became quiet for a moment.

I am Queen of Medang Kingdom, announced to both of you that the war between of you has ended. I said no more war.

We, Medang people claimed as the winner of this war. I want to say again that we were the winner.
Who wants to complaint our announcement?

The place became quiet again, no body speak or whisper.

Hi you! King of Wulansari, do you want to protest? Do you want to continue this war now? I along with my Army will fight you now !
I will donate my soul for Glorious Medang Kingdom."

Jaran Edan and his troops come back again with sword in their hands, ready for combating. While Patih Kebo Ireng prepare their archer group, ready to shoot.

Now situation become worst than before since Wulansari Army also ready for combating.Patih Gajah Urip look at Prince, seems waiting his command to attack.

Everybody looked at Prince Sora Mahisa, waiting his decision whether he wants to fight or peace. If he wants to make peace then he downward his own reputation.

Prince Sora Mahisa has pale face, frightening. Sweat dropped from his front head. Sora didn’t suppose his lover has spoken like this event.
She asked him for fighting.
She didn’t reciprocate Sora's kindness. She was forgetting her self interesting; but she emphasized her Country.

Princess looks like an eagle that ripped its prey with its claws.

Prince thought, "If I do war then I will break my agreement with Princess Sekar.
I have to do justice and stop the war."

He moves slowly on to stage and speaks, “Soldiers, I command to all of you to surrender; Put your weapon down on the ground. We can’t be able to fight but peace.

I am the King of Wulansari, on behalf of my people, ask apology to the people of Medang. We regretted that we have done war against you. I knew that say sorry was not enough, therefore, we want to replaced your belonging and everything you have lost."

"Say sorry is not enough; you have burnt our Palace and also our houses." Jaran Edan shouted

"You have killed my family." A soldier of Medang shouted.


(To be continued)
Posted by Satoto Kusasi at 12:01 PM

No comments: