Monday, April 12, 2010

The forbidden love part 6

Thursday, June 5, 2008
The Forbidden Love (Part 6)
The Critical Moment Toward Civil War

Retold by Satoto Kusasi


Chapter 1

King Prabu Hayam Wuruk and his soldiers has reached Trowulan Palace finally.
The King is lucky since Patih has not come yet.

The King rush meet his mother, Tribuana Tunggadewi.

“Mom, I have married with Princess Dyah Pitaloka Citraresmi; we were happy.
Are you happy too Mom?”

“Yes I am, wonderful son; So where is she now?”

“I left her at Pakuan City for her safety.
Because of Patih Gajah Mada disagreed with our marrying; Just because Princess is our enemy.

Even Gajah tried to kill my family and me but it failed. The failure of assassination has done in the forest while we were going home to Singosari.

Fortunately, soldiers of Pajajaran as well as Banyu Urip and his subordinates helped me in the critically moment. They safe me from jeopardy.

Mom, I want you to realize now that Patih has launched rebellion.
It was real movement of Gajah.

Therefore we must face the rebellion. I declared that Majapahit Kingdom in danger to ruin. I command to all of my people as well as the entire soldiers who loyal to me, to fight the rebels.”

His mother’s face became pale and has no comment hearing the bad news.

Afterward she asked, “What we going to do son?”

“Mom, you and the others of family must hide in a safe place; Banyu Urip will guide you, OK? I am afraid the civil war would erupt at sudden.”

“Son, you were right and Patih was wrong; believe me that Goddess would help us.”

“Thank you Mom.”

The King seat in his Throne. He call on the secretary as well as all the entire staffs of Palace included the military staffs for urgent meeting. .

Every body has come; They whisper and ask to each other, “What’s happen?”

“Where is my military staff? The King asked.

“I am here; my name Penyewu Joko Singo; my duty to guard Trowulan Palace. Everything was OK and the Palace was save.”

“Thank you Joko; However, I am not OK.
I am sorry that I have brought bad news for you.”

“Bad news? What was happened, You’re Majesty?” Joko Singo asked.

“Your Patih has made rebellion against his own King.”

“Please don’t make a joke. He is the best leader in our Army.
Would you more specific?”

“I knew you can’t believe me.
I want you to know that I have married with Princess Dyah Pitaloka Citraresmi. She is the Princess of Pajajaran Kingdom that we want to conquer.

However, Patih disagreed with our married because of Princess is our enemy.

Now I want to ask you all, do you agree with us ?”

“We agreed with you, we are happy hearing you. Congratulation You’re Majesty. Where is the Bridegroom now?” The audiences asked.

“I am sorry; I have left her at Pakuan City for her safety.
Thank you for your agreeing.
I hope all the people in this Country also could agreed and happy hearing their King is happy.

However, I feel sadness that our Patih disagreed with our married.
Even he has tried to kill me, but it failed.
Goddess has protected on me, thank you God.”

“What? Did Patih has launched assassination on you ?.
Terrify, Patih Gajah was excessive.
You’re Majesty, how did Patih done the failure of assassination?”

“Penyewu Singo Lodra, Jalak Ireng and some soldiers have picked us up to Singosari. While we were in the forest, some robbers attacked on us.
The robbers are group of secret agent of Gajah.

Fortunately, the soldiers of Pajajaran as well as Banyu Urip and his soldiers have helped us in critical moment; They defeated the robbers. All the robbers were dead, included Singo Lodra and Jalak Ireng.

Now you can understand that Patih Gajah Mada is a rebel; it was real.

Then you asked me; what is the principle reason for Gajah’s disagreeing? Right?
He wants to fulfill his oath, the Palapa Oath; that is to unite all Nusantara.

All Nusantara has to be united in solid Nation under authority of Majapahit Kingdom.
However, I want to ask Gajah, can you leave one or two Kingdoms being free Kingdom, can you?.

How dare you, not allow me to marry just for the simple reason like that.
I am your King that you must do appreciate.

You have to know that Pajajaran Kingdom was my Granpa’s Kingdom.
My Great Grand Father name King Rakeyan Jayadharma was King of Galuh Kingdom, now Pajajaran Kingdom.
He has son, King Raden Wijaya Kertarajasa, the first King of Majapahit.

Therefore, people of Pajajaran and Majapahit were unity previously since they have the same King; Raden Wijaya who has ever ruled in both Countries.

Therefore, I want to repeat the history concerning of both Countries.
I want to merge both Countries, not defeat them.

It was wonderful events when I married their Princess.
I knew my Grandpa could smile for me and agreed with me in heaven.

So I want to ask you Joko, will you provide your superior, Patih Gajah or me, as your valid King?

“You’re Majesty, I provided you as my King.”

“I command you, to call on your friends and announce them that we want to face the rebels. Tell them my story and the failure of assassination on me.
You knew Joko who was right and who was wrong.
Now, we will face the next of civil war.

I gave you the second command; That you have to build the new Army;
I called it King’s Army.”

“Yes my Lord, but I would rather not to do than do civil war.
You can figure out, how could I kill my own friends; even more my brother or my nephew as my opponent in that war. That would be impossible thing.

Would you give us another option? Can you making peace with our Patih?”

Every body of members meeting agreed with the last option of Joko Singo, “Yes my Lord that is the best solution to solve our problem.
Would you make peace with our Patih?”

“I knew civil war will be hurt. But we have to do other wise we will have two Kings.
If Patih has approached and surrendered, then everything would have been fine.
We already knew that he was wrong in this matter.

I want to ask you who was wrong in this matter that must be punished, Patih or I?”

“Patih was wrong; he has sin that he must be punished.” Joko Singo said.

“That was clear. Therefore, you must help me in this civil war. Our Kingdom in danger situation toward collapse and then ruin, please help us.

Any way, how much soldiers do you have as your subordinate?”

“We have two thousand soldiers.”

“That is good. Could you predict when Gajah will come at Tuban Harbor?”

One of member said, “Master, I saw armada ships from distance, then they will come in three days.”

“Therefore, you have just three days to build King’s Army, Joko.
I hope you could be able to do it.”


Chapter 2

The Armada has been at Java Ocean, almost come to Tuban Harbor.
In one of the ships, Gajah Mada and his secret agent are discussing the failure of the assassination.
He has received a letter from Tunggul, one of the member’s secret agents who has task to kill the male and female peacock (King and his family).

The letter contended, “Report, the assassination was failed and even all of our members have been killed by Pajajaran soldiers. They have done counter attacked.

Now the secret task has divulged because the “Male Peacock” (sandy word that means King Hayam Wurk) has seen the dead body of Singo Lodra and Jalak Ireng, which male peacock has already known.

I can be able to survive because I pretended die among the dead bodies.
I warned you about civil war that will almost erupt.
Tunggul.

Patih gave the letter to the others member of meeting, then every body knew the happening. The members of meeting were the secret agent of Patih Gajah Mada.

Gajah spoke, “Gentlemen, we will face civil war since our King is ready combating against us. Our home shut, its door locked, and then we could not come into.

That mater is looks like tangled thread. One who wants to fix it did not patient; he pulled the two point of thread then the thread became more tangled.

Who wants to make comment concerning our problem now?”

Kebo Anabrang gave comment, “I told you, that we should agree with King’s willing. Now the thread had already more tangled, so we must cut-off part of tangled and re-unite again the good one. Therefore, we have to do civil war; we have no other option.”

“We could not be able to step back ward; the reality saying that we have to do civil war.
I just want to unite Nusantara in one Nation, no excuse with Pajajaran Kingdom; that was our principle that I said in Palapa Oath (Sumpah Palapa).

So I want to ask my friend Jaran Weling, how did to defeat King Prabu Hayam Wuruk? Now he had occupied Trowulan Palace with more than two thousands Majapahit soldiers that loyal to their King. They ready for combating against us.” Patih asked.

Jaran Weling was military staff as adviser in war discipline. He is Mongolian, ex Yehluchi’s soldier. Yehluchi was admiral Mongol of King Kublai Khan who had ever come to Singosari that had task giving punishment to King Kertanegara.

Jaran Weling, “I have no experience with civil war. However, we have to regard that the opponent are our enemies. We have to regard they are real enemies, not our friends.
We will surround the Palace from every direction tightly. The archers group will be ready to shoot every enemy who wants to run away from the Palace. Watch every gate and secret door whether they could run.
We hope they will have been starving in one or two days and come out with white flag; That is the best result.
Might be they burst out and will face us, and then the war could not be able to avoid.

Probably, they could stay in the Palace since their foodstuff was enough; and then we will attack the Palace with fireball, burn the Palace.
Then they will come out and the war will erupt.

“Thank you Jaran Weling. Who wants to give comment or opine?”

Jaran Ireng gave opine, “Before attacking, we could try to make peace with our King.”

“How did we make peace with King Prabu? You knew that he was very angry with us because he almost dies in the failure of assassination; he knew already that I am the mastermind of the attacking.” Gajah said.

“Will you write a letter contended our successful on mission at Palembang? A delegation will face our King with your letter. We will wait in two days.
If the delegation didn’t come back then we will have regarded the mission failed.”

“I accepted your idea, thank you.”


Chapter 3

King Maharaja Linggabuana led the war meeting in his Parliament forum. More than fifty delegation of people attended that forum.

The King spoke, “The hard day would come that we have to fight against Majapahit. We had tried to avoid that war as hard as we could but it failed.

“You’re Majesty, we have peace agreement and even their King has married with our Princess. I could not understand, what was going on?”

“Yes we knew but that peace agreement that we have was a fake peace actually.
We have received a bad news that King of Majapahit has been attacked by mob of robbers that have been proved as secret agent of Patih Gajah Mada.
That attacking actually was assassination trial upon the King of Majapahit.
The King save since our soldiers help him.

That was clue that Patih Gajah Mada disagreed with his own King’s idea to make peace with our Country. Even I predicted that Patih will come again to attack us straight to Pakuan City. The war will happen and we can’t avoid, even though their King has married with our Princess.
Nevertheless, we have two options concerning the place of battlefield, at Pakuan or Singosari City.

I want to ask you, shall we fight in our home or in their home?
If we want to fight in their home, so I will decided to send our Army to go to Singosari.”

The members were discussing among of them. They actually want to avoid war.

Afterward, one of them said to his King, “Actually we do not want to do war, but if we have to do war then we will be defended, not to go abroad.
Hoping the enemy would not come.”

Suddenly, Princess Dyah Pitaloka stand up and speak, “Ladies and Gentlemen, I just married with the King of Majapahit. You already knew that, but unfortunately, my husband is in danger situation.
I heard news from our secret agent that Patih Gajah Mada surrounded the King in his Palace. The King was in jeopardy could be killed by Gajah.

The civil war has erupted, because of their King hostile to their Patih.
Patih Gajah Mada disagreed with our marrying. Patih Gajah has a firm stand to conquer our Country even though his King disagreed.
I predicted that Patih Gajah will come to Pakuan City after he has eliminated his own King.

Therefore, I beg to all of you, please save my husband. Please send our Army to Singosari, not for expansion but to rescue my husband.

Goddess knew that our people are nice and peaceful. We do not want to expand attack.
We just want to rescue one member of our Royal Family.
We want to help King of Majapahit, because he was my beloved husband.
We will fight side by side with his soldiers and we will bring him home to our Country.
Will you?”

One of the member meeting gave his opine, “Princess loved her husband very much, it was a true love. We are touched in deep of our heart. Now, we don’t want to launch attack to do political expand, but rescue; To rescue one citizen of ours, but he is a King of a Big Country.
He was in jeopardy situation in Singosari Palace.
Therefore, I called on the youth to help our Princess.
I absolutely agreed with my Princess.”

Finally King Linggabuana spoke, “We must save the Royal Family. My daughter has told me her difficulty concerning her husband.
So I command to Army to fight and rescue my son in law.
Remember with my prediction that the war against Majapahit could not be avoided; That was Goddess willing.”

The military staffs shouted, “War! War! War! “
They mean to strength and increase the people spirit.


Chapter 4

Princess was alone in her room. She wondered to her self, how brave is she, when she revealed her idea to rescue King Majapahit, her husband.
Even though she realized that she is just a weak woman.
Now she also realized how she loved her husband very much.

She prayed, “Oh Goddess please help me in the next erupting war. I have to attend in the battlefield of this war.

Because of you want to me to fulfill my promise, to dismiss Patih Gajah Mada. I have my necessity since I have to rescue my beloved husband.

Oh Goddess please save my husband, because I loved him very much. You gave me that happiness; therefore don’t draw it before I enjoy it.

Oh Goddess please give me strength to my muscle, to my mind, to my spirit and everything that could make me become a brave soldier, smart soldier and then could defeated my enemies.”

A young woman came in without knocking the door; she is Dayang Galuh Lembayung, “Hi, to whom did you talk?”

“I am praying Galuh, I have talked with my God for my safety. I believed God will guard on me when I would have been in battlefield.”

“The Goddess always hear you, what ever your asking; that make me wonder who you are really.” Galuh Lembayung gave her comment.

The two young women are same, like a twin. No body could deny it whether those women were sisters, but actualy not.

“Common Princess, you have been waiting so long by our friends in the field, especially our Commandant, Ujang Lumut.”

Princess prepared her war equipment, a sword, and archer-bow with many arrows, ax and Kujang (traditional blade). She had practiced every day as a soldier.

Ujang ordered not to waste time because they have just little time to prepare a big war against Majapahit.

“It was a big war not just rescue of some one else, remember that. For Gloria of our Kingdom, let us prepare your self to face those hard days.” Ujang Lumut said.

Every body practiced all activity of war; that are riding a horse, shoot with bow and arrow, using sword, ax and spear.

Fortunately, all the parents have realized that war almost will happen then they have to released their beloved young son to go as soldiers to Singosari.

Panglima Maung Jaya as well as King Maharaja Linggabuana coordinated every department of Kingdom to prepare the war.
Panglima will lead his soldiers to Singosari while the King will leave in his Palace.

War preparation almost ready as foodstuff, clothes, tents, horses and carriage and many others. For the first time Pajajaran Kingdom will launch an attack; Not to a weak Kingdom as their opponent, but a big Kingdom and even a super power Kingdom. Every people realized that the war must do because of National Dignity; What ever it could be, lost or win, they have to agree and support it


Chapter 5

Patih Gajah Mada came, embarked at Tuban Harbor and then make Camp at edge the Tuban City. The Camp would become their Head Quarter.

The majority of his soldiers not hear yet the bad news of Gajah’s rebellion. Gajah hesitated to announce his bad action. It must be secret not to divulge, but not now because of many people have already known, even the King has known it.

Some soldiers wonder why the Army didn’t come straight to their Camp of barack, why must stay at Harbor.

One night Penyewu Boyo Moro along with his subordinates runs away from their HQ; they went to Trowulan Palace to unite with their King. Boyo Moro brought one thousand soldiers. Therefore, Gajah could not able to stop them because of huge amount soldiers.

The soldiers has come under balcony of Palace, while the King is standing at there. Boyo shouted, “Hi King, we want to join you. I am Boyo Moro with one thousand soldiers want to help you against Patih Gajah Mada.”

“Have you ever met me?”

“Of course we have ever. We are subordinate of Penyewu Singo Lodra who have ever come to Pakuan City. We knew that you married with Princess Dyah Pitaloka. We say congratulation to you and your family. I knew you were right in this matter and Patih was wrong. We regreting our Superior action, Singo Lodra that has tried to kill you but it failed.

Would you open the gate and we will ready to combat Patih Gajah Mada.”

“Guard! Open the gate let them go inside.” King commanded.

Then the King’s soldiers amount has increased with one thousand soldiers; Now it become three thousand soldiers amount.

Meanwhile Patih think about his leadership. Patih Gajah Mada has to announce his planning otherwise his soldiers would become more confusing concerning political situation.

Then he spoke in front the entire soldiers, “Gentlemen, we have many obstacles to unite Nusantara. The most difficult job to conquer many Countries was Pajajaran Kingdom.
Why did Pajajaran Kingdom become the most difficult Kingdom to defeat?
I supposed that Country has magic power or might be eerie. The reason of my supposing was our King’s fate.
We have to ask to our self, why did King married with the Princess of our enemy at sudden? It was strange and awkward events; Might be he has been caught by ghost and has to be forced marry with Princess.

Another evidence is Boyo Moro and his subordinates; He has run to their King; That might because of they have ever stepped their foot on the land of Parahyangan.

So I command to all of you, not to step your foot on the land of Parahyangan.
In other word, let us not to attack that Country; let them free.

No body could stop our struggle to unite Nusantara, even though he is a King,
our own King.

If you want to betray our struggle then you could leave us now; Go to Trowulan Palace for joining your King, until we meet again in the battlefield of next civil war.
I will please you, not to detain on you; Go on!”

No soldier wants to move from his line to do betray even though Path Gajah has allowed him or her to betray. They kept silent. Now they realized the political situation that the civil war will erupt.

Now I command you to surround the Palace from every direction. This task will do on the day after tomorrow.
However, we want to send our delegation to the King to make peace first before our attacked. That will be the last chance of King to make peace with us.”

(To be Continued)
Posted by Satoto Kusasi at 11:14 PM
0 comments:
Post a Comment

No comments: