Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The forbidden love part 8

Tuesday, June 10, 2008
The Forbidden Love (Part 8)
Any one could disturb our struggle
Even though he was a King

Retold by : Satoto Kusasi


Chapter 1

Majapahit Army looks like a lion that licked its wound after fighting. The civil war was hurt, pain and sadness; it suffered entire soldiers as well as people of Majapahit.
Patih Gajah should have responsibility upon this disaster, however the majority people didn’t blame the Patih because of frightened.

Now Gajah call on the entire soldiers as well as people leader to discuss the civil war. Gajah has prepared the subject of discussion; that the King must be blame in this matter.

Some soldiers report to his Patih, “Master, we saw our King has gone with our enemies toward Western. He has been among the Pajajaran troops.
So, what are we going to do?”

“Let him go, because of we have dismissed him as a King.”

“Why? We loved our King. I knew King and you has problem; both of you has hostile cruel, but not us. You should have making peace with our King; We should have our Kingdom to become a solid Kingdom.” The soldiers make comment.

“No body could disturb our struggle to unite Nusantara even though he is a King, our own King.
If you want to follow your beloved King then I will allow you, So go on! You are free to follow your King.”

“No, I don’t want to follow my beloved King because I loved my Country, the Majapahit Kingdom; However, please allow me to cry, just crying to reveal my emotion.”

“Why do you want to cry?”

“Because of I lost my King.”

“You have right to cry for your King and I too.” Patih Gajah said.

“What you say ? Do you want to cry for your King?” The soldier asked.

“Yes I do. Did you wonder that I want to cry for my King?
I knew he was a man that could make all the people of Majapahit feel in unity because every body respected to him. He looks like glue to unite Majapahit people.
Now he has gone along with our enemies then I feel sadness; I will cry to reveal my sadness.”

“You felt hurt; therefore, we have to call our King back to Trowulan, will you allow us for calling him ?”

“On the other hands, he has a darkness side; Therefore, I disagreed with you.”

“What you mean with a darkness side of him?”

“The King looks like putrefied part of fruit that should be cut off. The putrefied part has a caterpillar and its eggs; it wasn’t good for you. We should choose the healthy part of fruit that could be eaten, right?”

“What you mean?”

“I meant the caterpillar was Princess Dyah Pitaloka. The animal that has made the fruit becoming putrefied and awful; That was the picture of our King now; Therefore, he has changed his attitude by leaving his own people and love people of enemy.
Now, he has no more glue to unite our people.

You have seen his mistake action, leaving his people and going with Pajajaran Army.
Goddess must cut off the putrefied part of fruit because of that part could disturb our struggle to unite Nusantara.”

Banyu Urip said, “Thank you for you has accepted me back to Army”.

“Welcome soldier; I never blame you as a betray soldier even I appreciate on you; Because of you a loyal soldier to your King and to your Country; and so did Boyo Moro.

However, I wondered that every soldiers who has stepped his foot at the land of Parahyangan has lost his struggle spirit, included our King. That was a reality.
Therefore, I command to all of you, not to step your foot on that land; another word, don’t attack that Country; let them free.”

“Why it could happen?” a soldier asked.

“They call their land as Holly. Now I believed that some one who has stepped his or her foot could becomes Holly Person. A soldier could becomes a Priest because his attitude has changed, be an honest and good person.
Therefore, he wasn’t eligible be a soldier.”

A soldier asked, “Master, I have to step my foot at that land because I want to marry a Sunda girl. Shall I loose my struggle spirit?”

“No, you are the exception because you want to marry, not to attack. So, I want to say congratulation to you.”

Banyu Urip asked, “Master, Pajajaran is a threatened Country to us and even more they already have our King. Therefore, that Country has to be watched regularly.”

“How did watching them?”

“We have to assign our secret agent group to spy their military activity, secretly.”

“I command you to spy that Country, along with your subordinate.”

“Thank you Master.”

A friend warned Banyu Urip, “They can detain on you because they will suppose you as spy that send by our Patih.”

“I will say that we just escaped from Majapahit prison.”


Chapter 2

It was the second day of long journey when forty Majapahit soldiers came neared the Pajajaran mob. Every Pajajaran soldier was ready to combat. However, they were relief when he saw Banyu Urip led those soldiers. Pajajaran soldiers has already known that person.

“We came for peace!” Banyu Urip said; he hold a white flag.

King Prabu Hayam Wuruk approach his subordinate, “Hi, how are you?”

“I am fine. Our Patih has sent me to join you, may I?”

“Of course you may, but why he send you, what was his purpose?”

Banyu Urip neared the King and whispered in his ear, “My duty is spying on you.”

“Ha, ha, So that you are secret agent of Patih? Told him that I am a good person.”

“Don’t speak loud King, it was a secret you know; don’t divulge this secret news.”

“Any way, Banyu, you have to hear a good news, my wife was save; she is still alive now.”

“Really, now where is she?”

“I am here Banyu.”

Banyu Urip go down from his horse, knelt position and say greeting, “Greeting for Gusti Ratu (Consort of King); Goddess blessed you and your family.”
All of his subordinates also gave greeting.

“Thank you very much Banyu and all of you. Goddess has saved me from jeopardy at the battlefield. When we have come home I will tell you my story.”

“Goddess, we say thank you for your help to my Queen.” Banyu said.

The third day of their journey, they found edge land of Parahyangan, their homeland. Every body is happy, but some of them are sad since losing their friends.

At edge of Pakuan City, the people have been waiting for a long time, especially the woman whose husband as soldier; they hugged the save husband. Nevertheless, some women cried since she didn’t find their husband.

The Commandant of the group is busy to explain the missing soldier to those women.
The Commandant as well as Ujang Lumut has to count their soldiers, how many the missing soldiers for reporting to their King and telling to his family.

Finally, The King of Majapahit and military staffs as well as his wife faced the King, King Maharaja Linggabuana.

The King was glad since Pajajaran Army has lost thirty percent of their soldiers; twenty percent wounded and the remainder, fifty percent was save.
These number is more than that his bad prediction before.

He spoke, “Thank you very much; the Kingdom appreciated your duty as soldier. However, we regard and say sorry to the family who lost their father or husband, may Goddess forgive him and put him into Nirvana.
I want to say the same thing especially to the family of my friend, Panglima Maung Jaya and Dayang Galuh Lembayung.

However, beside our sadness we found the happiness that we won actually. You asked me, are we the winner? Yes we are because of we have successfully brought the King of Majapahit to the Land of Parahyangan; Now he is among of us.

We have successfully separated their King with his Patih as well as with their people; Even they have fought to each other in a civil war.

And the last one, our Kingdom will never be member of their Unification of Nation under Majapahit authority; We are free.”

“You’re Majesty; they will come to Parahyangan once more to defeat us.”

The King keep silent. The wrinkle on his front head was clue of sadness hearing his soldier’s opine that Majapahit will come again.

Banyu Urip stand up, say, “You’re Majesty, I want to say definitely that they will never come back again.

I heard Gajah’s saying. He said that he has commanded not to attack Pajajaran Kingdom, let Pajajaran free. Because of every soldier who has stepped his foot on the Holly Land of Parahyangan has always lost his struggle spirit.
Seems he become a holly person or Priest; Not eligible as a soldier.
So did The King of Majapahit, Penyewu Boyo Moro and I.”

The King was happy hearing Banyu explanation, “I am glad to hear you Banyu; is that true?”

“Of course it was true.”

“Now I realized that Parahyangan is Holly Land.
However, we have an exception, they are Singo Lodra and Jalak Ireng; The two persons didn’t change being a holly person, but even a bad persons.”

“You right King. Why? I don’t know.”

“I want to hear your experience, my daughter Dyah Pitaloka.
Would you mention to me, Dyah.?”

“I always ask Goddess to save me in battlefield; I think Goddess heard my pray.
My Adjutant, Dayang Galuh Lembayung has idea to camouflage as I; Then she wearied my robe, crown and mask covered her face; She looks like me.

Thank you for your sacrifice Galuh.
You have donated your soul to your Kingdom and me.”

No comment of audiences; They prayed for Galuh Lembayung in their heart.
The room become quiet for a moment.

Afterward, Princess continued his mention, “When we came to Bubat Village, dusk has come and we tired already. Panglima separated the Army in two groups.

Group 1 will lead by Panglima will make war in early morning. The second Group led by Ujang Lumut, continued their walking, straight to Trowulan Palace to help the King of Majapahit. I was included in the second group.

We came to the Palace, but it was empty since the King has already gone to Bubat for combating. Then we returned back to Bubat.

At that place, we saw horror sight that Majapahit soldiers have been slaughtering our friends while they were sleeping. Seem to me they have waited until our friends went down to sleep, therefore they can easy to kill their enemies .
It was their custom to win every war.”

“Did you see Panglima.?”

“Yes I did. Panglima shouted to wake up his soldiers, but it was late and even Panglima has been stabbed, death already. The Pajajaran Army run away uncoordinated into forest. I think they right; it was useless to continued war.

Ujang Lumut wants to command his soldiers to join the battlefield; But I disagreed with him. I said to him, please do not do that, better we hide and watch them from the forest.

Not so long, King Majapahit came and joined the war. He and his friends fought bravely even though he has to kill his own soldiers. This events made him hurt I knew. Every Civil war always hurt.

Again, Ujang Lumut wants to join, but I disagreed since I don’t want to add the victim of us. He insisted to help King of Majapahit. I said, no.
I knew he is also warrior and he can help himself.

Suddenly, an ugly man came out from the mob with a dead body of a woman in his hands. The dead body wearied white rob of Princess’s dress, crown on her head and mask covered her face. He asked the King of Majapahit to surrender other wise he will chop the dead body into one thousand pieces.

The King agreed not to continue the civil war; he moved slowly, approached Gajah, asked the dead body of his wife and gone to Northern. The war was end.
Some of King’s followers want to follow the King, but Gajah prohibited them.

Therefore, Galuh Lembayung actually has save the King and his soldiers as well as all Majapahit soldiers, included Patih. In my opinion,she was a woman soldier of Pajajaran who can be able to stop the civil war of Majapahit Kingdom.
Oh Goddess, will you accept her soul and bring her into Nirvana.”

King Maharaja Linggabuana gave comment, “You have right to detain Ujang Lumut, forbid him not to do war again since it was useless.
We just want to save King of Majapahit and bring him home.

Now would you tell us my son in law, what have happened at the battlefield?”

King of Majapahit told, “Father, first of all I want to say thank you to all people of Pajajaran and especially to you, father. How I touched in deep of my heart that you have donated all of your sacrifice just to bring me home.”

The King stopped his speak for a moment. He whipped his eyes’ tear and then continued, “Father, you must know that I am Sunda man actually even though I am King of Majapahit.”

“What? How come that you could be a Sunda man?”

“My Grandfather, was a King of Majapahit, his name King Raden Wijaya; the founder of Majapahit Kingdom. But he was also Prince of Galuh Kingdom.”

“Unbelievable. Who was your Great Grand Pa.?”

“My Great Grand Pa was King Rakeyan Jayadharma, the King of Galuh Kingdom.”

King Maharaja Linggabuana turn down from his throne, approached his son in law and hugged him tightly, “You are my own family; welcome home son.”

“Father, I want to tell you concerning my ancestor.
My Great Grand Pa married with Dyah Lembu Tal, daughter of Mahisa Cempaka, the grandson of King Ken Arok.
My Great Grandma, Dyah Lembu Tal was forced to move from Galuh Kingdom to Singosari Kingdom because politically reasoning.
Her son (my Grandfather) was Raden Wijaya; he married with the four sisters of King Kertanegara. My mother was Queen Tribuana Tunggadewi, daughter of Gayatri.
Therefore, I concluded that I am a Sunda man.

Therefore, I have my duty to unite the two Kingdoms. My wedding was not only base of love but also politic. In my mind I regard the people of Pajajaran as my people too since I am also a Sunda man.”

“Wonderful! So what will you do after civil war?”

“I would be a farmer and asceticism in the Holly land of Parahyangan.
I feel sadness by losing my Throne, but I knew that is God’s willing.
God wants to make me happy, more happy than that before as a King.
My wife was right when she said that I should be a Priest in the Land of Parahyangan.”

Princess approached her husband, hugged him and asked, “Will you?”

“Yes I will.”

“Now I want to ask my friend and his subordinate, Will you stay at Parahyangan Land as your ex King do, hi Banyu Urip?” Hayam Wuruk asked.

“Of course I will since I have run away from their prison, beside we loved our previous King.” Banyu expalined.

“What? You have escaped from their prison, did you?” Hayam Wuruk asked

“We were the loser in civil war; and then they have detained us as prisoner.”

“What would you do in my Country?” Hayam Wuruk asked.

“We would rather to be your soldier than not to be; However, we have lost our struggle spirit because of we have stepped our foot on the ground of Holly Land. Therefore, we just want to be farmers and another job.”

“Welcome friends, we have many jobs that you could work on that.”

All people of Pajajaran Kingdom were happy even though they have to suffer by losing many soldiers at war. But they believe that enemies soldier will not come again.

Prabu Hayam Wuruk and his family lived at Land of Parahyangan happily; they had sons and daughters who could play at their garden home yard and at Cibeureum waterfall.


Clossing

“That was my entire story; I hope you satisfy and happy hearing my story. I knew some of you didn’t satisfy and even angry to me.

Nevertheless, I hope that matter could not be your reason to break the Unity of Nusantara(=Indonesia now).

Remember, Patih Gajah would be angry to you. He ever said, No one could disturb our struggle to unite Nusantara,even though he was a King, King of ours.”
My Grandma said.

“Before we were parted, may I sang a song to end my story”
My Grandma sing then,

It was a difficult task to defeat many Kingdoms
To make become of you
More sacrifice needed to build you
Many tears dropped to form you
Much effort to manage you
So please don’t break it.

You are our a New Majapahit
After had been conquering as long as
Three hundred and fifty years
Could may be forever if we didn’t fight
Shall we break it?

We will continue your struggle
To make glorious our Country
And prosperous our people
Who wants to be Patih as Patih Gajah?
Who wants to say oath as Palapa oath.
I will agree with you

But please don’t break a true love
Every body free to choice his or her partner
Free to reveal his or her mind
I would have disagreed with you
If you troubled against liberty
Posted by Satoto Kusasi at 10:02 PM
0 comments:

No comments: