Saturday, April 17, 2010

Between love and hate, part 5

Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Between Love and Hate (Part 5)
King Girindrawardana

Retold by Satoto Kusasi


Chapter 1

Sora Mahisa actually has confessed him self as a betray soldier even though he deny it. When he said that his right step is on Wulansari and the left step is on Medang.

Now he worrys whether a secret agent of the King will report about the Princess attendance at their military HQ of Kedungsongo. Of course, the King will very angry hearing that news. Therefore, he has to hide her lover at somewhere save places.

Now, he wants to see his lover to become lovely as usual; He ordered some women to make up her. Then some women worked to make Princess become pretty.
Princess become pretty, attractive and lovely; She smiled to every one.

Prince Sora Mahisa guided his lover, introduced her to his soldiers and spoke to them for getting leave.

“Gentlemen, I am full of pride to introduce my fiancée, here they are Princess Putri sekarpandanwangi from Medang Kingdom. I have known her since I lived at Kedungsongo and then we’re fallen in love to each other.

Now we want to married at Kuteprabu City; Therefore, we want ask permit to leave. My function as Commandant at war will be held by Boyo Pitu until I would have come back.”

“What? Do you want to marry me? I absolutely disagree with you, how dare you;
I hate you. You were the killer of my father.”
Princess says to Sora whispering.

“It was just a trick; I will mention to you that it wasn’t right.”
Sora whispering to his lover.

“VIVA PRINCE SORA MAHISA; VIVA PRINCESS PUTRI SEKARPANDANWANGI.”

That day is a happy day since everybody happy. They made party and have a big meal because of their leader wants to marry.
No starvation are among the soldiers of Wulansari.

On the opposite, the refugees are starvation and some of them is going to die, especially the youth and the old persons.

Sora Mahisa give his reason to Sekar, “I would like to bring you to somewhere a save place; Therefore, I have to ask permit to leave.
My father will not allow me to go for leave, except the reason could be understood; That is a marrying.
So, I have to lie to my subordinate.
I am sure my father already has planned will do something bad for both of us.”

“Wow .....It’s horrible!;
Please darling save me now!
You are my lion to save me as a chicken.”

The next day, the two couple has gone to Northern, crossed the border toward Kuteprabu City, the Capital City of Wulansari Kingdom. They used carriage drawn by four horses. They seem went gone in hurry since Sora knew that a secret agent of his father has given information concerning his lover.
Therefore, he has to hide his lover immediately.

Princess has never talked as long as their journey, because she got suspicion.
She mused, “How I could understand my lover who has killed my father because of political reason; No, I can’t be able to understand him ! I hate him, very much !

Shall I kill him or kill his father? Not now, I need him for time being.

Now he wants to bring me to a place that is a real nest of the python.
I have suspicion that perhaps he wants to push me into jail at Kuteprabu.”


Finally, Prince Sora Mahisa says, “Darling, I will hide you at the save place; That is Watukumpul Village at the Northern border of our Country.
I knew the chief of village, Demang Kromo; He is my friend.
However, we will stay one night at the Palace.”

“Shall we meet python snake?”

“No, the python was at battlefield at Majapahit; you will save exactly.”

“Sora Mahisa, I am your prisoner; Therefore I will surrender to you whatever you want to do on me; I was just lost Queen of Medang Kingdom.”

“Please Sekarpandanwangi don’t talk about that. Remember that I love you.
Please you should blame my father, not me.”

“Thank you darling! Now I believed that you will protect on me, then the rope of love become more stronger than that before.”



Chapter 2

King Girindrawardana was at battlefield in Majapahit Kingdom. He won the war, can defeated Central Majapahit Kingdom.
The Majapahit Royal Family run into forest for hiding and people of Majapahit become refugees will go to Bali along with people of Medang Kingdom.
The Palace of Trowulan burnt down as same as Medang Palace.

A soldier faces his King, “You’re Majesty, I brought news for you about your son, Prince Sora Mahisa will marry with Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi from Medang Kingdom.”

“What? He should ask me concerning his plan to marry.
I have my candidate girl for his wife. How my son could marry with our enemy, it would be an impossible thing.
We will have to prepare our action on him.”

“What we want to do now?”

“You keep on watching the Princess, searching her last address.”

The King wants to conquer every Kingdom at surround his Kingdom. He though he could become rich and make his people prosperous, but he was not.

People of Medang, Majapahit and Blambangan have been gone to Bali Island as refugees; then the King has found an empty land without people in his new territory.

Even though he has successfully conquered those Kingdoms, he found an empty land and black burnt of many towns and villages.
Even The King frightened by the very wrong action.

Another problem of The King come again; Now an enemy will come to attack his Kingdom
His secret agent faces him, “You’re Majesty, Demak Kingdom at Northern will attack on us.”

“Demak Kingdom’ site is at North border of us.”

“Yes it’s right; perhaps they want to introduce a new religious or they want to conquer our Country.”

“Let us go home, provide our Country!” The King commands.


Chapter 3

Prince Sora Mahisa has opportunity to attempt and to persuade his lover just one night at The Palace. He prepared his rendezvous at Palace garden yard.

Princess was not happy and even afraid by staying in the horrible Palace.
She realized that the place is a nest of “python snake”.
Sometimes the snake could come and bite chicken.

Sora Mahisa sing a song that may be able to remind her, of a good moment when they were at Kaputren room of Medang Palace. He has confidence could defeat his lover. He tried to remember his lover; When he touched, hugged and kissed her, at that event that song was a popular song.

He disappointed when he saw Princess cried; Seems she felt sadness.

“Why do you cry darling?”

“That song reminds me my Kaputren room and my Palace that you has destroyed; and even you has killed our people, included my parents.
I want to say that you and your soldiers were cruel.
I hate you.”

Sora Mahisa keeps silent, gloomed face and finally cries.

“Why do you also cry? A winner King don’t have to cry, but laugh.”

“Darling, please don’t blame me but my father; Please forgive me!
Oh God, please forgive me! I regretted what I had done.
I hate my own father.”

Afterward, Princess read poem,

You are Rama who wants to meet Shinta
I admires you how great you are
My heart beat fast cause happiness
No one could immagine
How I love you

You looked like a moon among many stars
You were great, shone and bright
Night was beautiful because of you
Suddenly, you had gone because of eclipse
Night become dark, bleak and cool
Hi, where are you?

“I am here darling; you knew that eclipse just a short moment not so long that the night became beautiful again; even more beautiful than that before.”

Suddenly Princess says, “Sora Mahisa, please save me now, I am afraid ”
She feels afraid; She suppose being in jeopardy if stayed in the Palace, even though just for a minute.

“We have to depart at midnight soon, since tomorrow morning would become late.”

“Why?”

“My father and his entire soldiers will come in hurry. I am sure he has already known our relation ship. I am sure he has his plan to give us a hard punishment.”

“Please “lion” help “the chicken” since “the python” will come soon.”

“I am ready to help you. You will depart to Watukumpul Village along with my soldiers; You can trust my soldiers. Watukumpul is a safe place for you.”

“Thank you darling; I need the rope of love, love of you.
I frightened to King’s secret agents who will catch on me.”

In the midnight, a carriage went off from rear of Palace toward Northern.
Some soldiers guided the carriage. It was a secret journey of Royal Family.

After took two days they has reached Watukumpul Village. Demang Kromo received Princess respectfully. He knew that the woman is Prince’s fiancée.

Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi is happy since she knew the village is a safe place. She preferrs the village; since it is a lonely place, no war for a moment.


Chapter 4

King Girindrawardana comes to Kuteprabu City. Some people attended to welcome their King but not much. If you asked people on the street concerning the war then they will say NO; they disagreed with political expansion of their King.

The King need rest after fought at battlefield. Many soldiers guide his room since the King worry whether some one could stab a keris on his chest.

That day the King will make war meeting urgently.

Every military staffs has attended in Balairung hall; They sat on the floor, kept silent and looked strain.

One of them whispers, asked to his friend,
“Shall we attack another Country?”

“Yes we shall, you right.”

Finally, the King accompanied by Prince Sora Mahisa, Patih Gajah Urip and some guards comes into Balairung Hall.

Sora Mahisa frightened whether his father would give him punishment, because of he wants to marry a Princess of enemy. The punishment for him will come exactly, since the King has known the bad willing of his son.
Sora Mahisa hope it would not come now but in other time.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I draw our military power from battlefield immediately because our Country will be attacked by Demak Kingdom. The news has come from our secret agent. We don’t know when they will come percisely, but we must prepare our Army every time.

Therefore, I commands to Prince Sora Mahisa to draw his legion from Medang Kingdom, send the Army to be deployed in the Northern.
Patih Gajah Urip, you have to prepare the entire our soldiers immediately.

I want to know, the amount of our soldiers now.”

“The amount is three thousands and will be four thousand and five hundred with Prince’s Soldiers.”

“Very good !, The troops will divide in two groups.
I myself will lead Group 1, along with Patih Gajah Urip, Boyo Pitu as well as Boyo Lali.
Meanwhile, Prince Sora Mahisa will lead Group 2.

Group 1 will assign at North-Eastern and Group 2 at West-Eastern.”

Afterward, the King dismissed the meeting.
The audiences relieved since the King didn’t angry; Especially Prince Sora Mahisa. However, Sora asked in his heart, “Why the King didn’t give punishment to me; As if he pretended not to know my problem.”

Sora Mahisa supposes the battlefield against Demak will take place at Watukumpul Village; Therefore, his lover has to move again in other safe place.

Sora Mahisa has a mansion at Northwestern site, Kaliurang Village precisely. Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi can move to his mansion.
Therefore, he ordered his soldiers to bring Princess to Kaliurang Village.
He plan to build military HQ at same place. By the way he can guide his lover.

Princess happy by living at Watukumpul Village. One day she received a letter from her lover saying that she has to move again because of new war afair, “How every King in Java become so crazy that they has to fight to each other; Then every place become battlefield.” She thought.

Before her moving, she ride a horse to travel around the village. Demang Kromo is a good person that he lends his horse to Princess.

Princess ride her horse for enjoying. She saw the farmer planted rice and vegetables; It is a beautiful village because no war in this place.
Every body can work in peace condition.

However, some group of farmer wearied large hat that concealed their face; They are strange and become different from the other. Princess has suspicion whether they may be spy from Demak.

She come near the farmers just wants to see their activity.

“Good morning Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi!” One of the farmers greeted Princess.

“Hi you Ki Manjangan even though you have concealed your face but I knew your voice, that must be you.
How are you?”
Princess goes down from her horse and approachs her subordinates.

Ten soldiers of Medang Kingdom greeted their Princess. Princess is happy, because Ki Manjangan and his soldiers have touched in deep of her heart.
They have followed her until reached top far Northern of Wulansari territory.

“How did you know that I have been here?” Princess asked.

“It was a long story Master. When you have gone into HQ of Kedungsongo we were sad. We assumed that Sora Mahisa would have killed you.

However, in the next day we saw a carriage has gone to Northern; The passenger was you and Sora Mahisa. Therefore, we have been following you until we reached the Palace at Kuteprabu City.

We were waiting you at out side of Palace.
My friend gave suggestion, “We have to go enter the Palace and meet Princess.”

“How do we can go inside?”

“We will look for job in the Palace.”

My friend named Singo Barbaran went into Palace and asked job at secretary office. He was lucky that they gave a job as cleaner of garden yard of The Palace.

Now Singo will you tell Princess your experience in the Kuteprabu Palace.”

Singo Barbaran told, “One evening, when I swept garden yard I saw Princess was talking with a man; I hid under bush and watched them. Nevertheless, a soldier chases me away.
I slept in the garden yard of Palace. In the midnight, I heard sound of carriage and gallop of horses. I woke up and saw a carriage draw by four horses has gone through the gate of the rear Palace. I run after to see who the passenger was.
I could see the passenger was you.

I waking up my friends; then we went to follow you immediately, until we reached this village.”

“Why did you follow me Ki Manjangan?” Princess asked.

“We are the soldier of Medang Kingdom; We have our task to protect you wherever you have been.
Now, we successfully safe you.”

“Thank you very much Ki Manjangan.
But any way, who order you?”

“Akuwu Wengker, our Commandant at war.”

“Let us seat on the grass under banyan tree at there. We will have been yearning and discussing what can we do in the mean time of war situation.”

They go to banyan tree shade for resting.

Afterward, Princess says, “Again I want to say thank you to all of you. You must know that Demak Kingdom will attack Wulansari; but I don’t know when. Therefore, I have to move again to western, at Kaliurang Village precisely.

I ask you all, to follow me at a distance and safe me as usual; Until we have come to Kaliurang Village.”

Ki Manjangan answers, “Princess, we afraid of you that you could be killed by enemy as long as you have been at the enemy’s Palace or HQ.
I would like to suggest you to escape now; It is an opportunity for escaping from Sora Mahisa’s grasping; Then you can follow me to a safe place.”

“Thank you very much for your suggestion. However, I have my mission to kill the highest rank authority of Wulansari Kingdom. Our Commandant has discussed this mission with me. I am sorry that you were not attending the meeting.
That was a secret mission, so please do not divulge.”

“Wow, you have difficult mission to kill King Girindrawardana; how you can do?”

“Yes I knew that is difficult task of me, so please pray for me, I hope Goddess were in my side to help me in this war.”

“How we can help you Princess?” Ki Manjangan asked.

“Just protect me as you have done before.Tomorrow morning we will depart. So we have to part now; until tomorrow morning."


Chapter 5

Wulansari Kingdom secretary has announced to large people that Northern area must be evacuate because Demak Kingdom will attack. The Government has suggested people to move to Western area. Government offer soldiers to guide them since many robbers could disturb their way.

Princess is among of those refugees . Wulansari soldiers guide her tightly as Sora order. However, Ki Manjangan disappointed and hated Wulansari soldiers very much. It was an awkward position of his leader; How she could be among enemy?

Sometimes Princess turned her head to see her soldiers, Ki Manjangan and his subordinates.

But now, Princess has gone; She disappeared behind the hill.
Therefore, Ki Manjangan has to fast their horse to run after her.

On top of the hill, there is a mob of soldiers going to rest; Suppose they were not Wulansari soldier, but may be Demak Soldiers.
Ki Manjangan can’t continue their way otherwise they will fight against them.

“We can ask them not to disturb our way; We will confess that we are Wulansari soldiers.” Singo Barbaran suggested.

Ki Manjangan says, “Their amount is more than one hundred and they have full weapon as if they are ready for combating. Therefore, I disagreed with you.
I suppose they will go to Kaliurang too the same as us.

Now I commands you Singo, pretend as a grass cutter who works at the place that they will pass away. You have to be polite to show them the way to Kaliurang.
In one of opportunity you can ask them, who are they?”

Singo Barbaran worked to cut grass; he wearied common clothes as a farmer.

Not so long, the soldiers come; Their leader used mask to conceal his face.
He asks to Singo, “Hi farmer, could you show me the way to Kaliurang Village.”

“You can go this way, after you find branch way then you turn left, not so long you will find your destination.”

“Are you Medang citizen? I heard you used regional language as Medang people.”

“Yes I am; I am refugees because of war. Any way, who are you?”

“I am Akuwu Wengker.” He opened his mask.

Singo Barbaran gives salute and says, “My name Singo Barbaran, my leader is Ki Manjangan; Our task to protect Princess.”

“Where are your friends?”

“We’re over here.” Somebody shouted from the forest.
Ki Manjangan and his subordinates come out from the forest and give salute to their Commandant at war.

“Very good Ki Manjangan; how is Princess? Is she OK?”

“Yes she is; now she live at Kaliurang Village with her fiancé Sora Mahisa.”

“Let us go into forest since this place will become battlefield.” Akuwu said.

Then they go into forest, make camp and erected tent.
Their amount is almost two hundred soldiers.
They afraid of their Princess safety; Therefore, they’ve come by crossing North border of their Country and followed their Princess.

(To be continued)
Posted by Satoto Kusasi at 11:44 AM
0 comments:

No comments: