Saturday, April 17, 2010

Between love and hate, part 4

Thursday, June 26, 2008
Between Love and Hate (Part 4)
The Refugees

Retold by Satoto Kusasi



Chapter 1


Princess cries, drops her tears and says, “I come to you to support your struggle, our struggle too; Even I want to be your soldier.”

“If so, then I want you to discuss our problem with me.
So many things that I want to ask you.

However, I knew that you are tired; So let you get rest.
Guard !, prepare a new tent for our Princess!”

Princess eats cook rice and deer meat then she sleeps in a tent.

Ki Manjangan face Akuwu, “Master, I saw our people came out from their hiding; they gathered, made line and moved to eastern. They look for food since they didn’t have any food.

They didn’t afraid of enemy threatening. The line became larger and larger since people at every village has joined the line.
They have a Charismatic Leader, named Brahma Jaya Rendra.

Brahma spoke, “Common join us! If you didn’t want to die because of starvation then you will have to join us as refugees to Bali Island.
Goddess guides us, save us until we would have come to our destination, Bali Island.
Bali Island is home of Goddess. The place that will give us happiness.”

Akuwu Wengker comments, “Every war is always make famine because any body wants to work at rice field since they afraid.
They have their right to be refugees to Bali.

And so, How Wulansari soldiers act to see the refugees?”

“They prohibited people to go. They forced people to go back home; Even some of refugees die because the soldiers killed them.”

“How Wulansari soldiers was so cruel, that making me hate them.
Therefore, we must protect our people whose want to go to Bali Island.

We will have to discuss this problem in the night soon.
The subject of discussion will be how to protect our refugees.

Don’t forget asking Princess to come to our meeting.”

That night, the entire soldiers and military staffs attended the meeting, sat on grass field under banyan tree.
They lived three months in the forest, therefore they feel boring.
Even some of them would prefer fight than stay in the forest.

Akuwu speaks, “To night we meet again to discuss our problen in this struggle.
I knew that you are boring to stay in the forest.
Now, you can go out to guide our people whose want to go to Bali Island.

Why do they go to Bali? I knew you will ask me.
Because they have been suffering famine now and then, therefore they have to look for food at every where. They suppose Bali will be good as sources of food .

Nevertheless, we have problem that the enemies forbid our people to go; so the enemies have blocked the road.”

Jaran Edan asked, “Shall we fight the enemies?”

“Yes we will, if they have forced us.
However, we will ask them permit politely.
If they have refused giving permit then we will fight them.

We would like not weary our military dress but just common dress. Hide your weapon under your dress. We will join our people as if we are refugees too.”

Jaran Edan asked, “When we go out Master?”

“We will do our task as soon as possible.

Now I want to ask our Princess for speaking; She has come to our Camp yesterday.
Welcome Princess Sekarpandanwangi.!
Would you speak Princess to support our struggle?” Akuwu Wengker asked politely.

“Thank you very much Akuwu. I am very happy could be among of you in deep of forest. Now I will join into your Legion, to fight against Wulansari Kingdom.

Our enemy was cruel,that they have killed not just our soldiers but also the innocent people, even kids and old men and women.

I brought bad news that I found my mother and Akuwu’s mother were death already. They have killed those beloved mother. I have buried both of dead bodies.

Therefore, I want to ask their King, what purpose of you is
I knew that you want to collect money from us as tribute; And you want to make us as slaves of yours.

Do you want to be slave of the greedy King?

“NO WE DON’T WANT!” The soldiers shout together.

“Therefore, I absolutely agreed with our people to go to Bali Island since we don’t want to be slaves of that greedy King.
Even I commands to all of you, let us go to Bali, join our people as refugees.

The greedy King will find any body at Medang city, so he can’t collect money as tribute. Therefore, the war that he has launched is a useless war since he will find an empty land of Medang Kingdom.

Now I want to ask the people of Wulansari Kingdom, do you agree with your King’s idea of war? I am sure the answer would be NO. However, they can’t be able to reveal their willing because their King is an absolute ruler. That indicate the King can’t hear his people say NO. People must say YES to every thing of his order.

Included my lover, Prince Sora Mahisa who has killed our King……I just knew him as Prince of Wulansari…….Oh Mahisa, how you have a heart to kill your own father in law..............just because of you can’t say NO to your own father.

Princess stopped her speaking; she could not be able to continue because she is suffering mental depression by talking her ex-lover. She was really sadness to think her lover. Many tears dropped from her eyes.

Akuwu approachs his sister, guide her into her tent.

Akuwu continues his spoken, “Gentlemen, night goes on and we would be better going to sleep.
However, don’t forget to prepare our duty to guide people to Bali.
Even we must to go to Bali because our Princess has commanded us to be refugees too.
Good night.”


Chapter 2

Akuwu and his sister discuss war strategy. Any body attended the meeting.

“Sister, I want to ask you; did you still love your lover?
I believed investigation of Jaran which saying that the killer of our father was Sora Mahisa.”

“No, I didn’t love him!, No more love to him but hate.”

“If so, then I relief now. Therefore, we can fight hand in hand in this war.
I surprised hearing Sora is a Prince. I assumed that he was the leader of Army that have attacked us.
So what your plan to win this war is?”

“I want to kill my lover with keris that has ever been used to kill our father.”

“That would be good planning of yours.

Meanwhile, I along with our Army is hopeless.
Because we have just fewer amount of soldiers compare than that enemy’s have.
Would you explain to me concerning your planning?”

“I will join the refugees group. I hope no body will know me since I will wear common dress for making camouflage appearance.

When the refugees passing Kalisosok, the enemy’s HQ, I will pretend lose. I will go into their HQ. They will catch me; and I hope I will meet Sora Mahisa as their Commandant.

Hoping Sora still love me. Therefore, they will not to kill me.

Hoping Sora will ask me to sleep with him. In this moment of opportunity, I will kill him with this weapon, the same way as he has killed our father.”

“That is a good planning of you; However, you say many words of hoping on your sentence. That mean you will be in jeopardy that enemy can kill you.”

“I will donate my soul for the shake of our Kingdom.”

“Therefore, I want to involve in your mission, will guide you until their HQ.”

“No, I disagree with you. Just God will follow me and I believes God will protect on me. Hoping Sora still loved me and I will pretend to love him too.
I knew I will be in jeopardy if Sora didn’t love me any more.
So, I will hang my fate on the rope of love.”

“Wow, it is a wonderful mission of you.
Oh Goddess, protect my sister please!.”

The brother and sister hug to each other; no more aversion but cooperation.


Chapter 3

The refugees walked toward Eastern. Their leader is Brahma Jaya Rendra; He is a Hindu Priest. They didn’t afraid by Wulansari soldiers since they believe Goddess have been attending among of them for guiding until they could reach their destination.

Women and children included in the line. They are hungry but they are joining, singing and smiling, because they believe that they would have come at a place of Goddess home, the happy land.
Brahma Jaya Rendra says that In that land, every body is brother and sister.
They will appreciate and love to each other.

Ki Manjangan and his soldiers busy to manage the line.
Now they have a problem that the line will go near Kalisosok, the enemy’s HQ.
They have to meet Brahma for asking him to avoid neared Kalisosok, otherwise the refugees will meet Wulansari soldiers.

Ki Manjangan ask Brahma, “ Hi Holly man, Will you command the people to turn into forest since the line will go near Kalisosok, the military HQ of Wulansari. We will be in jeopardy condition can be killed by enemies.

“You knew this line is not military soldiers even the dusk almost come by then they worry walking cross the forest.”

Now Ki Manjangan realized that the line can’t avoid meeting with enemy.

Princess was among the refugees; No body took care of her because she wearied common dirty dress and she has un-order hair. She knew that refugees will pass the HQ of enemy at Kalisosok; She is glad since it would be matching with her scenario.

Not so long, Wulansari soldiers stop the line of refugees. Sora Mahisa himself lead the soldiers.
Sora Mahisa speaks to the mob, “Brother and sister, we forbid you to go. So please go home now. You have your freedom, you can work as usual.”

A man comments, “We didn’t have a house because of you has burnt it.”

A child says, “I have no parents because of you has killed them.”

A woman shouts, “We have no more food, therefore we want to go to look for food at Bali Island.”

The refugees shout together, “Release us to go because we have our freedom.”

Sora Mahisa become angry. He commands by signing his hand to archer group; that mean shoot.
Many arrows fly to its target. An old woman, a man and a child fall down altogether to death at sudden.

The field become quiet, any one talking or shouting. The archer groups are ready to shoot the next arrows. Every body frightened, turned down and even lie down on the ground. Many children and women cries sadly.

Suddenly, an ugly woman come out from the line, run approaching Sora Mahisa and knelt in front Sora’s horse. “Hi, the winner King, please release us to go, I beg you please.
I am the leader of these refugees. I knew that you win and we are lost, you can kill and torture on us because of you are the winner.”

“Hi you! Who are you?”

“I am the lost Queen of Medang Kingdom; I am Sekarpandanwangi.
You can detain on me to replace our people, please release my people!.”

The field become noisy by talking and whispering, “Is that our Princess? I cannot believe her.”

No body can believe that the woman is Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi because she was ugly, dirty, tore dress and un-order hair.

Sora Mahisa come down from his horse approachs her and knelt down in front of her. “Are you really Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi?”

“Yes I am”

“Oh darling, I am happy to find you. I though you have already die, but not.
Oh, God thank you for your blessing. You have your permit me to meet my lover.”

“Will you agree with me?

“Of course yes.! “

Prince Sora Mahisa speaks, “Hi people of Medang Kingdom, you can go to where ever you want to go, because of you have your freedom.
However, your leader will stay with me because she is my lover.”

No body will comment. They moved slowly, left their leader behind and wondering, “Why the enemy leader said that our Princess is his lover?
It was strange and suspicion.”

Finally, the refugees go forward without saying even fasting their step; They worried about Sora whether he still got his anger and will shoot again.

Princess Sekarpandanwangi guided to HQ; she is a prisoner, not lover of the leader.

It was military rule that every prisoner must to do investigation.
A secret agent investigated her in a room and found a weapon.
It was concealed behind her trouser; It is a keris (blade) that actually will use to kill Sora Mahisa.

The secret agent face Sora Mahisa, “Master, she has her weapon, a keris.
Be careful perhaps she has bad purpose to you Sir.”

Sora Mahisa received the keris, “The keris is mine that I have used it to kill her father. I suppose she came for killing me to revenge. She will use the same weapon” He thought.

Princess Sekar Pandanwangi was alone in a room.
she really frightened after a soldier has found her keris.

“Sora Mahisa realized that I will kill him since he found my weapon; If so, then I have been in jeopardy.

Now I Can’t use rope of love for hanging my fate.
Oh, God I need your help.
If you didn’t help me then my people will suffer, deep suffering.”

Meanwhile, Sora Mahisa hold the keris and mused,
“I should refuse that bad task previously. How stupid am I.
I should ask my deputy to kill that King.

But I am the leader and so every body will know that I must responsible the murder that I done, who ever the killer will be.

The most responsible man of the murder was King Girindrawardana, not me.
I blame my father for breaking my relationship with my lover.
Why did he give me a bad task to kill my father in law?

Whatever I want to say to my lover, she will say no excuse.
She will ask me to do suicide to pay back the dieing of her father.

Yes, to do suicide is the best way of solution to cure my sin. I am suffering mental depression and to do suicide is the best way to make her satisfy.
I will ask her to kill me.”

He walks with a keris in his hand toward Princess’s room.
Four guards accompany him.
He opens the door; see his lover with pale face.

Meanwhile, Princess frightened, “Now the end of my biography. Oh God, will you save me?”

She asks, “Will you kill me?”

He didn’t answer and even he give the keris to her and says, “Please kill me with the same keris. I knew, my dieing will make you satisfy.
I just want you to know how I loved you very much.
Please kill me, go on!”

“Hi the winner King! You should kill me, not the opposite. Because of you the winner and I am the loser.
We have no more love since you have killed my father.
Common, kill me !.”

“Darling, I love you.
I knew that I am a horrible man with blood on my hands.
I knew I should not kill your father.
That was because of my father’s order.”

“You can refuse that order.
It was just your excuse to escape from your sin.”

“If I have refused his order then he would have killed me.”

“You are a liar! How a father wants to kill his own son, it doesn’t make sense.”

“Yes I knew, therefore, you should kill me now; please go on, kill me now!
Whatever I want to say, you will never believe me.
Now I am the lost King in front of you and you are the winner.”

“Do you blame your father?

“Yes I do! He is a King who has absolute rule in his authority.
No one can say no to him.”

“Did you hate your father?”

“Yes I did.”

“Shall we fight against your father, King Girindrawardana hand in hand?”

Prince Sora Mahisa keep silent for a moment. He face a problem now; It was a hard problem.
How come he has to fight against his own father.
Shall he betray his own Country?

Afterward, Princess Putri sekarpandanwangi says, “You don’t have to kill your own father, but I will do.
For you, It was a sin to kill a father.”

“Thank you very much darling.”

“Hi, will you agree with me to kill King Girindrawardana together?”

“I would rather say no than yes, however, my father is a cruel King that he is reasonable, not bad to be killed.
Father I am sorry for saying that to you, since I absolutely disagreed with you, especially your political expansion.

However, darling, you just look like a chicken that wants to kill a python snake. That was you; Even I have to hide you since the python is so hungry that it knew his food was over there; It was you as a chicken.”

“Nevertheless, the chicken will be helped by a lion; It was you as a lion.
Because the lion loved chicken and then it will protect me as a chiken.

“Of course the lion will protect you from python threatening.
Now the python has known that you were on here.
I suggest you for hiding.”

“Wow wonderful.” She approachs her lover, hug and kiss him.
Now her face is no more pale but red. She says, “Sora, I love you.”

The room become quiet for a moment since both lovers mused; They thought about love and correlation with politic. They have their same problem.
Shall they break their love because of politic? And even because of a King, the cruel King?

Sora Mahisa is glad finding his lover come back to his arm but political problem still hit on him that war continued.

“Sora, will you betray your own Country?” She asked afterward.

“No, I loved my Country and I don’t want to betray”.

“But you have agreed with me to kill your own King”.

“My purpose is want to stop this useless war. This war will continue if my father has been existing. You can help me in this struggle.”

“Who is your enemy now?” Princess asks.

“No body.
Now my step of the right leg is on Wulansari but the left leg is on Medang.
You are the best soldier of Medang Kingdom. Alone you have come to our HQ.
And even has defeated their Commandant at war at sudden.
Your weapon was just a keris (blade),......it’s amazing!!

Princess Sekar added, “The weapon of mine was not just a Keris, but love.
If you didn’t love me any more then you would have killed me at once.
So, I actually hanging my fate on the rope of love.”

“Did you still love me?” Prince Sora asks.

“No, I am not really love you or not much.
I will wait what’s next will happen.
Perhaps something exited would have happened that can make our love will decrease or increase, because of war.”

“But you hang your fate on the rope of love
On the other hand you said that the love has been breaking step by step.
How it’s come?”

“I knew that the rope of love will be worn out; It was a fact that I almost would have fallen down to death.
Nevertheless, I will donate my soul for my Country, for the shake of Kingdom, Medang Kingdom.”

“Wow....... wonderful!!; Honey I love you so much, please don’t break my love and our love. Please make the rope of love be strength forever.”

“Now I feels the rope has become strength; More stronger than that before, because of your statement.”

“Again I want to ask you, did you still love me?” Prince Sora asks again.

“I will wait what would have happened in the next time.”

Sora Mahisa can’t be able to force Princess Sekar to say love him, as usual.
Now he realize what the reasoning is, because of he has killed her father.

Now he realize what’s the event of she has been waiting for,that will be The King Girindrawardana dieing. She eagerly wants to kill his father.

It will be her revenge. She will do that assassination.
No mater what she looks like a chicken that wants to kill a python snake.

(To be continued)
Posted by Satoto Kusasi at 10:04 PM
0 comments:
Post a Comment

No comments: