Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Between love and hate, part 8

Saturday, April 11, 2009
Between Love and Hate (Part 8)
Reconciliation of Two Kingdoms

Retold by Satoto Kusasi


Chapter 1

“My soldiers are right; My Palace also has been burnt by you.
Even you have killed my father and my mother as an order of King Girindrawardana” Princess said.

Prince Sora Mahisa has pale face, get tension, sweat drop from his front head.
He thought, “That is bad result of my father’s planning, not I.
Now they have blamed me as trouble maker of all the dirty result.”

“Well, Medang Queen, that I respected; As well as Medang peoples whose have been tortured by our Army.
I am on behalf of Wulansari Kingdom, clarify that The Kingdom of Wulansari will pay back the compensation of war.”

Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi cuts the Prince Sora’s spoken, “Thank you King of Wulansari that I respected. I my self understood what has been happening in your Kingdom really. That all of you can’t be able to impose King’s will.

Therefore, you can’t be able to say no when your King asked you to launch war against us.
I knew that in deep of your heart, you actually refused to fight. And I knew that you regreted upon the bad result at the end.

Now, I asked both soldier groups to put your weapons in storage and no more blood shade.

I asked the King of Wulansari to rebuild Medang City, build many houses as well as our Palace; And paying back the compensation of every dead victim of the war.

Especially for you, Penyewu Jaran Edan;
I want to ask you, will you receive the apology from Wulansari soldiers ?
They are your brothers too.

Actually, they were not supposed to hurt us.
I knew what their problem percisely was. Because I have been among of them for a long times. And especially with Prince Sora Mahisa, their King, since he is my lover.

I ordered on you Jaran, for being member of our delegation of reconciliation between Medang and Wulansari.

Jaran Edan goes forward, neared Princess without hesitate and respect. He is crazy the same as his name Jaran Edan (=Crazy Horse).

No body suppose that a soldier will do dialogue with his Queen in front the people at open field.

“Here is my dearest Queen! You are really our hero. How big your services to our Country, Medang Kingdom. You have brought our National dignity back.

They have killed our King with their cheating way; But you have revenged by killing their King with proper way, in a right duel fighting.

However, I have been keeping a puzzle that I want to ask you for a long time.
I wonder whether my question will make you angry to me.

Please say frankly, what Country do you want to provide, Medang or Wulansari?”

The Queen answers with calm way, “I knew that your question was also wants to be asked by every soldier of Medang; Not just you did.

I along with my fiancée provided the justice. We believed that our struggle has been following by Goddess for stopping the cruel war that has launched by a mad King. That King is King Girindrawardana; he is my lover’s father.

Furthermore, Prince Sora Mahisa provided me, not just because of he loved me but also because of he loved his Country and his peoples very much.
He glorified equitability among the people.
Thank you so much Prince Sora Mahisa; I really loved you.”

“VIVA PRINCESS SEKAR AND PRINCE SORA!!
All the soldiers shouts, not just Medang soldiers but also Wulansari soldiers.

Again Jaran Edan asked his Queen, “You’re majesty my Greatest Queen!, Will you be my Queen? Or will you be Consort in Wulansari Kingdom?”

“Now your question is hard to be answered because the answered will make hurt our peoples. I am afraid to answer you now.

As you’ve known, that our peoples have been walking toward Bali in difficult journey as refugees, up until now. How sad, sorrow and pain covered their journey that the enemies’s soldiers have ever tortured upon them.

You also have seen with your own eyes when I sat with my knees bent, folded my leg in front Sora Mahisa’s horse for begging his generous to release our peoples.
I am, as your Queen must do modesty events like this for safety of my peoples.

Those bad days were figure out the lowest dignity of our Kingdom.

Now, how I could betray their struggle by being Consort of their enemies? Please think about that !

Then I hope you could understand my problem concerned with my Country. Therefore, I ask you to discuss with chiefs of our peoples who would be your King properly in future.
Please don’t ask me to be your leader, but I would be ready if you forced me.

Actually, I have my sacrifices has donated for our Country to win this war.

I along with Sora have run many feeling of sadness, worry, fear, hopeless and happiness.

One sacrifice between among of many sacrifices, is married;
I have to marry with Prince Sora Mahisa otherwise I could have been killed by enemy, in their HQ.

Now I want to ask you, am I traitor?
Did I have sold my Country to enemy?

Jaran keep silent. He thought, “How she could kill King Girindrawardana easily?
Why Sora Mahisa did not help his father? It make me confuse. She’s really covered with mist vague.”

Afterward he says, “That is the central point of my question. Actually, I haven’t being with you when you were in enemy’s HQ with Prince Sora Mahisa.
However, I could understand that you have done is a part of military strategy to win the war.
You’re highness; you are really hero of our Country.”

“Thank you so much for your praise, Jaran”.

Meanwhile, Prince Sora Mahisa comes and command his entire legion for going home with peace feeling.

So did Akuwu Wengker.

Government secretary do ceremonial cremation with full honor upon corpse of King Girindrawardana.
The ceremonial is full of wisdom.


Chapter 2

Prince Sora Mahisa inaugurate as a King after his father. All chief of people agreed with the election; Hoping the new King can make people of Wulansari becomes prosperous and happy.

The King forces her fiancée to marry, “It is time for us to marry in a wedding day with full of happiness in a big fiesta.’

“Please don’t be so fast honey, be patient please! Since our political problem in my Country, not yet finish. What will people say, more even Jaran Edan, “ she really provide Wulansari; She has left us behind. It wasn’t an assumption but true”
Because of that reason, we have to wait until the situation become clear and peace.

Actually, I want to unite the two Kingdoms in one united of Kingdom. Do you agree?”

“I agreed with you and even that was my father’s desire. But for me, unite or not unite would be same; We have to pay back our war reparations.” Prince Sora said.

“Now they are discussing at Medang ruin City to choose their new leader for the next future. I would rather to attend than not to attend their meeting .” Princess Sekar said.

“No, please don’t come since you are a candidate of their leader; Then you would be accused to influence their opinion.”

Princess Sekar Pandanwangi keep silent. She wants to talk with the remainder of her peoples whose didn’t go as refugees.
She feels home sick since she has left her Country for a long times.

She thought, “If they chose me as their leader then I will merger the two Kingdoms.”


Chapter 3

Akuwu Wengker called the remainder of his peoples for a conference at field near the ruin Palace under banyan tree, in Medang City. The amount of his peopleshas decreased, become twenty percent left. Now they have attended at the conference.

Akuwu Wengker wants to discuss every problem of their Country in open mind. Everybody could propose their mind openly without hesitate. No body could stop every suggestion.

The topic of discussion is, “How to rebuild the Kingdom that almost collapses because of war. Moreover, who would be appropriate as a King for the future?

Akuwu speaks, “Welcome my brothers and sisters. Now we shall discuss every suggestion of you to rebuild our Country.
In this stage even though just under a banyan tree but this place have magic power of our predecessor’s wisdom.

This conference will be free and open; Therefore, don’t be hesitate to reveal your opine. I knew that you have your brilliant suggestion that we never know”.

One of the members says, “Akuwu, I want to ask Wulansari to rebuild our Palace as well as our houses that had burnt down.”

“I agreed with you. The enemy must pay back war reparations because we are the winner in this war.
However, I wonder, who will occupy the Palace and the houses since most of our peoples have gone to Bali? That is our problem now.”

“Yes you right Akuwu. Who will occupy the Palace?”

“The answer is the man who will be the next King of Medang Kingdom.”

“I want you to be our King, Akuwu, will you?”

Every member of conference shouts altogether, “VIVA AKUWU WENGKER! We need you to be our King!”

“Thank you very much. However, I need another candidate that we could make balloting to choose the real King.”

Suddenly an old woman climbs the stage, near Akuwu and then whisper in Akuwu’s ear. Everybody worry whether that old woman might be a witch who wants to do black magic or something bad purpose.
Akuwu Wengker nodded to the old woman.

Surprising, she stands up on the stage then start to speak.
“Hi my peoples of Medang Kingdom, I am Queen Sekarpandanwangi, your Queen.
I am sorry wearied an ugly dressing like this.

I have to camouflage, since my lover didn’t allow me to come to your conference. Then I run snaking from Kuteprabu Palace.
Now I am happy, can be among of you all.

Have you objection that I attend at your conference?
If so then I will go home now, back to Kuteprabu.
Seems to me that I am no more appropriate as your Queen in front of you.”

“VIVA OUR HERO ! Jaran Edan shouts loudly.

“Thank you Jaran, I already knew the voice of you. Do you think I am still appropriate as your Queen?”

“Surely you are our Queen. If some one has said you were not, then I will fight him.”

“Wow .......thank you.”

“Therefore, I am still hoping and asking you to be a Queen.
Please, be our Queen in Medang Kingdom, not in Wulansari Kingdom.
Medang would be difference than Wulansari.”
Jaran Edan said.

The audiences whispered to each other. Majority of them agreed with Jaran.

Surprising, the old woman read her poem without asking:

You and I want to be happy
Faced future of time in happiness
Not supposing the Wulansari come at sudden
The bitter experiences comes, unexpected.
No body can avoid
It was truly

We have to acquiesce in sacrifice
For facing the obviously
Now my leg separated widely
The left one in Medang
The right one in Kuteprabu
I want you to near both my legs
For me could standing up, properly.

Kuteprabu and Medang must be going neared
Therefore, you and I could sit side by side
Please eliminated the hostility
Face future time with full of hoping
Forgetting yesterday that full of fear
My propose could have to be discussed
For Glorious and prosperous of both peoples

“VIVA Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi” Everybody clapps and shouts.

Akuwu Wengker goes up and approachs his sisiter, “My beloved sister, you aren’t suitable in your dressing like this.
Would you make up in order that we can see your beauty in reality?”

“Well my little brother, I will put on my real dress and make up my face to eliminate my disguising.”

Afterward, Princess comes back. She’s great and pretty. She is real artist since she could change able her appearances.
Therefore, she can be able to face many jeopardy in enemy’s HQ, safely.

Audiences clapp and shout; They forgot that she isn’t an artist but a Queen.
They should respect to their own Queen..

“Now, you can discuss my proposal then I will have been waiting you.
And then you can reveal it to me.”

The audiences didn’t know what her proposal is,
therefore, they discus it to each other.

Akuwu Wengker asks her, “What you mean by your word, Kuteprabu and Medang must be going neared?”

“I want you to unite the two Kingdoms in one united Kingdom.”

Every body keeps silent. The place become quiet.
It was a clue that no body can be agreed with Princess’s idea; Even they disappointed.
How come they can work together with the cruel enemy in one Kingdom?
They don’t want to; Even they don’t want to meet their enemy.

Afterward, Akuwu Wengker approachs his sister, “You’re Majesty, I am on behalf of my friends in this place want to tell you about disagreeing of them concerned of your idea to unite the two Kingdoms.

We appreciated you as our Queen but we cannot work together with our enemies because of our hostility. We can’t be able to eliminate our hostility immediately.

I was the first man who has shaken hand with our enemy; But it was just a diplomatically action. I do that action not on behalf of our group.

Suddenly Jaran Edan shouts, “Hi Akuwu, we would have our authority in that United Kingdom, because we were the winner in this war.”

Princess ads Jaran’s opine, “I agreed with you Jaran. We were the winner because we have killed their King at battlefield properly. You knew that I have done that murdering.
Therefore, we could have held the power in that United Kingdom.”

Princess continued, “I will hold the power and manage the Government authority; then I will call on our peoples for coming back again from Bali.
Is that good ? And also good for our enemies; We will make friend to them as if they are our brothers too which can work together hand in hand.”

Audiences clapp and shout, “We agreed with you Princess; That is a good idea of you.”

Akuwu Wengker gives another solution, “You’re highness, let us postpone the idea of United Kingdom. I am sure with the times goes on, then we will find the best solution.

With times goes on could subside our anger to them.
With times goes on, could make our Palace establish again as well as Medang City.
And the last, with times goes on, the character of both peoples will change toward happy and polite; Hoping they want to mix each other.”

Akuwu continued, “For time being, Medang Kingdom can be free as usual for Glorious and wisdom of our predecessor.”

Princess answers, “Well, I would be waiting for you and so do you. The time goes on and then we hope everything would have been running well.
God will give his best solution for us.

On behalf of Wulansari Kingdom, I invite you come to our peace of conference between Medang and Wulansari. Our delegations of us consist of Akuwu Wengker, Patih Kebo Ireng, Jaran Edan, Ki Manjangan, and others.”

Jaran Edan always annoys his Queen, “What Country of you? That you will be sent as their representative?”

“I said to you in my poem that my legs has been wide parted, one at Medang and the other one at Kuteprabu. Then I have being stood up in unbalance position.
I ask to my peoples of Medang, especially you Jaran, for helping me.
Please make near the two Kingdoms.

For time being, I didn’t want to attend the conference; But I suggest on you that you have your right to influence Wulansari, because we are the winner of that war.
You have your right to talk and they will follow you.”

Akuwu Wengker closes the conference. He concluded that Medang Kingdom would have their-own King, while Queen didn’t want to be leader of theirs.
People still hoping Akuwu will be their next King of them.

Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi goes home to Kuteprabu; She quite satisfied even though her proposal to unite the two Kingdoms has failed; Or to be post-pone as Akuwu saying.


Chapter 4

In one occasion of cozy times, Princess and her lover were in passionate.
They talked about future and happy family of theirs.

However, they also talk about politic. We can understand because they are leaders of two communities that have ever making war.

“I have influenced Medang peoples to merge their Kingdoms with us.
Nevertheless, they refused my idea since they still have their anger to us.
Akuwu asked me to postpone the idea to unite the two Kingdoms.” Princess said.

“We forgot with God that our fate is dependable in God; therefore, I suggested you to pray with Medang people in Hindu Temple. I am sure they would be kindly to make peace with us.” Prince Sora Mahisa said.

“That is a good idea of you, let us do it. We can call on our peoples too and then both communities would come together in the Temple. Goddess will give blessing to us. Afterward, reconciliation would come up.”

Princess continued, “Even I have ever prayed at Siwa Temple in the middle of forest when the war has been running; in the first day of battle.
Then I wrote poem on the wall of Temple; Contended the brutality of Wulansari troops. I believed that your invasion to us was likely a punishment of God to us since we have been forgetting God for a long time.”

Government Secretary announced to peoples of Wulansari as well as Medang’s people to come and pray together in the Temple of Hindu.

On the day of praying, the Hindu Temple is filled with people of both communities. They are so kind that they have shaken their hands to each other, surprised.
They looks happy; Smiling, gleaming and touching was clue of peace by them.

Peoples of Medang and Wulansari mixed gathering and they seat side by side without hostility of feeling.
Prince Sora Mahisa was right when he said that Medang’s people have to face God, praying, to make their anger could subside.

Prince Sora Mahisa speaks, “Hi people of Medang as well as Wulansari, to day is a beautiful day as if Goddess has come and attended this ritual.
We have to face Sang Hyang Wiji and Goddess to ask their blessing and apologized since we have been making much sins times to times.

He prays, “God, we, both of two Communities faced you to ask you for you could give your blessing and apologized. Please be peacefully to both Countries and make prosperous to both community of peoples.
Please through away hostility feeling of both peoples; Make cool and calm to both Countries.
Please don’t give your punishment to us because we have ever forgot on you.
We will do paying homage to you every day to subside your anger to us.”

Akuwu Wengker have chance to speak, “Our spoken would be the same as Prince Sora Mahisa’s.
Hi the people of Medang; it is time of opportunity for you to receive apologized from our ex enemies. Actually they are your brother too, the People of Great Majapahit. We all actually are the people of Great Majapahit. Gloria Majapahit.

“VIVA MAJAPAHIT! GLORIA MAJAPAHIT!!” The entire audiences shout altogether.

He continued his spoken, “I am sure, Wulansari not supposed to hurt you; they were just accidentally have made war to us because of their King has forced them to do invasion. However, they could not be able to refuse the order of their King. Therefore, forgive them honestly. Just God would give equitable justice; just God would give the best decision. We hope God would give apologizing to us.

Medang Kingdom has become distantly spaced because most of occupant have gone to Bali, including I, Jaran Edan, and majority of my soldiers.

Now, I want to ask Ki Manjangan and Patih Kebo Ireng for staying in Medang Kingdom. They will be our representative of Government of Medang Kingdom; they also can help our Queen wherever she will ask your help.

You’re Majesty, Queen of Medang Kingdom; I want to ask your permit for I will leave this Country, after the conference of reconciliation.

The entire audiences keep silent hearing Akwu’s spoken; more even Putri Sekarpandanwangi.
Perhaps, she want to ask this issue after praying.

The ceremonial of Hindu praying has over then the audiences went home.


Chapter 5

The reconciliation conference has done at Kuteprabu City. The member of Medang delegations are, Akuwu Wengker, Patih Kebo Ireng, Jaran Edan, Kebo Langi, Ki Manjangan and others. Delegations member of Wulansari were, Patih Gajah Urip, Prince Sora Mahisa, Boyo Lali and others.

Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi did not attend the conference since she has her reason that has already mentioned in her poem.

There isn’t arguing in the conference, everything is running well. Seems Prince Sora Mahisa respected his lover then he has allowed what ever she ordered.

Afterward, the conference has result that Wulansari Kingdom will pay all financial loss consequences of war.
Medang Kingdom still establishes, they refused to unite with Wulansari.
The peoples of Medang were freedom people. Akuwu Wengker will guard their freedom from Bali. Akuwu will have being visited everytimes.
Wulansari Kingdom will pay the compensation for every dieing person of Medang.


Chapter 6

The discord day has come that brother and sister have to separated since Akuwu wants to go to Bali Island.
The Balairung room is filled with people of Madang and Wulansari; They want to see the sad event.

Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi has her eyes puffy since she cried.
She regretted her attacking to Jati Wengker; How stupid she was. If she has remembered that event then she would have her anger to Sora Mahisa.
How Mahisa has a heart for killing my father?
However, her anger was subsided since she also remembered how Mahisa had helped her to kill his father.

“If the lion didn’t protect the chicken then the python would had killed the chicken; then I would have been killed by King Girindrawardana in the enemy’s HQ.” She thought.

Akuwu Wengker approachs his sister, hug and whispers, “I will go not for a long time, it just for a moment. This event is not really discord; Please believe me.

Do you realize that I have to come back to Medang City? As my duty to protect the remainder of our people? I have to find surely that my peoples who want to live at Medang will be happy and save.

Princess Sekar says, “Are you sure? Wow......, how happy am I?
Actually, I am feeling odd by leaving at Kuteprabu City; I felt the Palace looks horrible as if King Girindrawardana has still alive in there.

I am alone among the ex-enemies. I would be happy and save if you had been there as our Commandant at war.”

Akuwu says, “Don’t you worry my sister since I will often come to Medang City as well as Kuteprabu City? I will protect my peoples, included you.”

Princess tried influence her brother not to go, “I want to suggest you; Please don’t go, you could become a farmer or a trader in Java Island. The land of Majapahit is rich; many jobs are offer you I will give the job if you want to.
Then why do you want to be refugees?”

“I will be refugees, in order to be among of my peoples at Bali Island. They are your peoples too which hope your helping. Please don’t forget them !

I will tell them about you that you are really a hero. The marrying of you with Prince Sora Mahisa is just a trick to win the war.
In fact, you had killed the enemy’s King successfully. The King that had made peoples suffered as well as to his own peoples.

If I didn’t tell them then they will have never known why you marry with enemy’s Prince; What was purpose of you by marrying enemy’s Prince?

Therefore, my mission by going to Bali actually full of politically mission as well as full emotion to my peoples at there.”

Princess answers, “Well my brother, I proud to you, actually you are proper be a King at Medang; I offer you. Will you?”

“I refuse because I will be a King without populace. The majority of our peoples had gone to Bali; then I would be better be a chief of village in Bali Island, among my own people.”

“I can understand you.”

“The man who will occupy the Palace of Medang is Patih Kebo Ireng.
The Jati Wengker Palace will occupy by Ki Manjangan. But all of them will be your subordinate.”

Again, they hugged to each other.

Afterward, Akuwu Wengker is going backward then has gone.

Jaran Edan faced his Queen, greeted then he was going off. Now he didn’t ask anything since everything was clear that she didn’t want to be his Queen.

However, Jaran Edan didn’t want to live with Wulansari peoples side by side.


The End.
Posted by Satoto Kusasi at 1:34 PM
0 comments:

No comments: