Monday, April 12, 2010

The forbidden love part 5

Wednesday, May 28, 2008
The Forbidden Love (Part 5)
The Assassin

Retold by Satoto Kusasi


Chapter 1

Banyu Urip is staying in King’s room, while both discussed the secret mater. “Master, shall I tell this secret news to King Maharaja Linggabuana?”

“You must tell it, he has to know our problem.”

“How can I tell him?”

“I will accompany you. Let us go to his office now.”

Both went to King Maharaja Linggabuana’s office in hurry.

The King received visit of his son in law delightful,
“Welcome my son. What’s happen?” He asked.

“ I want to report bad news that you have to know immediately.” Prabu Hayam Wuruk said.

Banyu Urip make inspection the room, out and in side, whether intruder could may attend for spying. However, everything is OK.

“Banyu, will you tell my father concerning Gajah’s spy in Pakuan City?.”

Banyu Urip report, “Our secret agent brought news that Gajah had sent murderers to kill Princess and the King of Majapahit. We have caught one of them. Now he is in jail. Perhaps the plan of assassination will have done in the forest when King of Majapahit along with his family will take his journey back to Singosari.

Singo Lodra will kill the King. That job may a special job for Singo.”

“Astonishing, how a Patih wants to kill his own King?
My son, would you tell me concerning your Patih awkward behavior?”
King Linggabuana asked.

“I would rather say not to believe than believe the secret news. I am very sad to hear it. Therefore, I curse my soldier who wants to kill me and my family.” Prabu said.

Banyu make comment, “ I am not included, You’re Majesty; Believe me, I am loyalist of you.”

“Yes surely, I knew who you are.
So what’s your suggestion Banyu Urip?”

“I want to suggest that Princess not follow you to Singosari.
Ujang Lumut and I will guard King of Majapahit when he and his family will go to Singosari. But it will be a secret mission, so don’t divulge it !.”

“I agreed with you. Hoping the assassination would fail.
Have you suggestion my son?”
King Linggabuana asked

“Make everything running well as usual, as if we never know their planning.
I will leave my wife at Pakuan City, until the situation become well.”


Chapter 2

The news heard that Singo Lodra and his group will come soon. They brought price as gold and silver for King Maharaja Linggabuana.
Singo Lodra will pick his King and the family up to Singosari.

People in the City were uproar seeing the enemies came again even though just a few soldiers.

“Don’t worry, they are friends now because their King has married with our Princess; They just come for picking up their King and family to Singosari.” One said to his friend.

“They should bring King’s mother or father for this event not some military soldiers;
I have suspicion concerning their coming.” Another people gave opine.

Banyu Urip saw Singo Lodra, Jalak Ireng and six soldiers of Majapahit; While Banyu are hiding in the bush. He comments to his soldiers, “To pick the King up, we have a rule in Kingdom’s procedure. We should bring at least five hundred soldiers for guarding the King. No doubt, they want to do assassination against their own King.”

Meanwhile, Pakuan Palace was ready to receive the delegation. The King and the Royal Family as well as all staffs of Kingdom attended in Balairung (big hall). They are waiting the Majapahit delegation patiently.

Not so long Singo Lodra and his group came at Balairung’s door. He did not move in squat position like Jalak Ireng did before, but walk.
Surprising, Jalak Ireng was in between among the group.

They came in front the Throne; bow their bodies to the King and wave their hands to the audiences. Every body was glad also surprise to see their action.

Singo Lodra spoke, “Greeting to Great King Maharaja Linggabuana.
We are delegation of Majapahit Kingdom want to say congratulation to Bride and Groom, happy married. We hope the new family would become success and always happy. Majapahit people also happy then they have brought their price to the King of Pajajaran, King Maharaja Linggabuana. Here they are. (Singo gave sign to helper to open the box of jewelries and gold.)

We also want to pick our King and his family up to Singosari.
We asked you all, the people of Pajajaran to pray to Goddess for the safety of King’s journey.”

“Hi Singo Lodra, where is your Patih Gajah Mada?
As I knew the protocol to pick your King should do by Patih Gajah Mada.”
King Linggabuana asked, cut Singo’s spoken.

“I am sorry, Patih was at abroad.”

“What was business of him at abroad?”

“He and his soldiers have made peace agreement with Sriwijaya Kingdom; in this opportunity I want to announce that the two Countries have agreement to make people of both Countries become Prosperous and Glorious.

Any way, I have full of pride having duty to pick my beloved King up to Singosari.”

“Now I know, Gajah also has done the same thing to my Kingdom.
However, I want my Kingdom to be Friendship Kingdom with your Kingdom.
Your Kingdom has the same high with my Kingdom. Moreover, your Kingdom would merge with my Kingdom because your King has married with my daughter.
Did you agree hi Singo Lodra?”

“Of course I absolutely agreed with you, my Lord.”

“Thank you very much”

The audiences at the Palace applaud and make comments to each other.
The sound looks like bee’s sound.

“Hi Singo Lodra, any way, I want to ask you, why did you and your Patih want to make all Kingdoms in Nusantara would have been defeated by you, under Majapahit authority?”

Singo Lodra glanced to King Prabu Hayam Wuruk, “My Lord, I can’t answer your question, but my King will. Gusti Prabu, would you please tell King Linggabuana?”

King Prabu Hayam Wuruk answered, “My dear father, we have an agreement with my people as well as my Patih want to give ‘weapon’ to our Great Grand Children. The weapon was not a blade (keris) or a sword or a spear, but the powerful Nation to chase the conqueror away.
Gajah’s teacher predicted that Majapahit Kingdom would have been conquering as long as three hundred and fifty years and may would have been coming forever if we didn’t fight.
Therefore my Patih said his oath, the Palapa Oath that was a determined to unite Nusantara to become a powerful Nation.”

“That was a Holly task of you, nevertheless, we were not included in your Unification.”
King Linggabuana said.

“Do you agree my Lord?” Singo Lodra asked to King Linggabuana.

The King answered, “No I don’t, so did my people.
I knew that you will ask me, why you didn’t agree?

That was a simple answer for that question, because we didn’t believe the Gajah teacher’s prediction.
Believe me that Majapahit will never be conquered by any Nation, believe me.”

Again, the audiences applaud. The room became warmer than before.

“Yes I knew your Country is the same high with my mine and even both Countries will merge soon; your Country will never part of our Unification.” Singo Lodra said.

“Hi Singo Lodra, when you will depart with your King and his family?”

“I hope it will be as soon as possible, but it depend of my King.”

“I will prepare his journey with his family.” King Linggabuana said.

Then the forum is over; every body satisfied hearing Singo Lodra explanation and even more comment of their King.


Chapter 3

King Maharaja Linggabuana called on his staffs, military staffs and King Hayam Wuruk for the urgent and secret meeting.

“I want to release my beloved daughter in next week; therefore, we have much time to prepare everything for my son in law’s journey.

Panglima Maung Jaya, you have your duty to follow and to guard The King of Majapahit until reaching the Country border with two thousand soldiers.

Ujang Lumut and Banyu Urip you have your special task, you knew that, OK?

Saprana Jaya, the Secretary, your duty was to present a carriage for Princess’s Vehicle.”

Banyu Urip gave opine, “The assassination would be come strongly suspicion because of Penyewu Singo Lodra just brought six soldiers. They should come with more than five hundred soldiers; that is right protocol to pick a King up.”

“So what can we do?” King Linggabuana asked

“You’re Majesty, we have perfect preparation to surpass the problem; but we cannot to explain in this forum. Please believe us.”

Every body has his duty each and then they could discuss with his group.

Dayang Galuh Lembayung faced King of Majapahit, “You’re Majesty, I am ready to replace Princess in the carriage. I am ready to die.”

“Oh no Galuh, you don’t have to. We have agreement will make the carriage being empty; of course it is a secret, so don’t divulge.
I knew you are the loyalist of Kingdom Family.”
Princess Dyah Pitaloka said.
She hugged Dayang Galuh Lembayung tightly.

It seems the enemies did not aware whether one of their members was lost, caught by Banyu Urip. Banyu Urip can able to make everything has been running well as if Banyu didn’t know their bad purposes.

Then the discord day had come between father and his daughter. People of Pajajaran has come at front gate of Palace want to see their Princess.

King of Majapahit rode a horse with full of weapon, spear, sword and arch with many arrows. He was a real warrior but also a King.
He usually at battlefield with his soldiers.

The King smiled to the people of Pajajaran, waved his hand and even shaken his hand with some people at there.

The people disappointed when they found window of the carriage closed with Curtin; therefore, they could not see the passenger, the Princess.

Some one has their comment, “The Princess become conceited since she married with a King.”

“Yes you right, she become conceited.”

“No, she would not be conceited; That was a protocol rule of Kingdom Family; You must know that.” Some one gave another comments.

Now the line become long with joining two thousand soldiers of Pajajaran led by Panglima Maung Jaya. Panglima busy to make his line orderly; he shouted his command repeatedly.

At the front line, Penyewu Singo Lodra lead the line followed by six guards of Majapahit soldiers. One of them was Jalak Ireng, the first delegation who almost being killed by Panglima Maung Jaya.

Meanwhile, Ujang Lumut and Banyu Urip has gone to the jungle since yesterday. They will guard King Majapahit and his family from a distance in the forest. They walked without noise and full of secret. No body knew their departed.

Then the line moved toward eastern, through the jungle, and went straight to Singosari.

After walked one hour, Panglima Maung Jaya say good-bye to the King, “Excuse me Master, we just followed you until this Country border. So long, until we meet again soon.”

“Thank you Uncle Panglima; and will you send my greeting to your King, my father in law.”

“I will send it”

The two thousand soldiers turned to Galuh City.

Now the group became less; just Singo Lodra with six soldiers, The King and a carriage with its driver.
The King was aware and realized that the assassination upon him will come true. However, he didn’t afraid; he usually faces many situation of war like this.

Jalak Ireng on his horse walked slow and slower; might be his horse tired.
Now he rode his horse on the rear of line.

Afterward, Jalak Ireng stop his horse and get rest for a while.
No body took care of him even they left him.

Jalak Ireng rode again his horse, but he turned his horse back. He ride fast until he reach once place and shout, “Hi friends, we start to attack; that place is appropriate for attacking.”

Not so long, Jaran Kuru along with nineteen men came out from the forest. They covered their face with mask; they like real robber but actually secret agent of Gajah Mada.

Jalak Ireng counted the amount of his group, “Hi Jaran Kuru, the amount of your group is twenty, included you; It should be twenty one, so where is one member of yours?”

“He say that he wants to marry with a Sunda woman. Forget him; Let us go since our target is in front.”

Jalak Ireng thought, “He was restless and do a big mistake! How can I do now?”

The group has moved fast, Jalak can’t stop them; So he follow them.



King Prabu Hayam Wuruk heard gallop from behind; he knew that must be the enemies as Banyu’s saying.
He prepare his sword, make slow his horse and ready for fighting.

A robber come, move forward and swing his sword. The King can avoid his sword and make counter attack with sword. The enemy fell down with wound on his neck.
Another came with his spear. The King can catch his spear, draw it and the enemy fell down to death with stabbing with his sword.

Now the King change his weapon. He use his spear, waited the other enemy.

Meanwhile the others robber busy with the carriage. They push the Vehicle and make it up side down then burnd it. The driver and four of the horses run away into the bush.
The robbers waited the passenger that they suppose will come out. Nevertheless, no one come out, because of the carriage is empty, no Princess inside there.

“Where is Penyewu Singo Lodra?” The King thought.
He saw from distance Singo Lodra talked with robber; No doubt that Singo really betrayed against his Kingdom.

The King now is in jeopardy since many robbers will attack him altogether.
Even Singo Lodra threw his spear straight to his own King.
Nevertheless, the King can able to catch the spear in the air; It is amazing.......!.

Suddenly, there are many soldiers of Pajajaran and Majapahit came out from the forest. That was group of Ujang Lumut and Banyu Urip. They attacked the robbers with arrows; the arrows like rain penetrated on to the bodies of robbers. Some robbers are dead already and their other friends run away ride their horses.

Ujang and his soldiers run after them. They killed all the robbers without hesitate.

Banyu Urip caught Penyewu Singo Lodra, tied his hand and faced him to the King.

The face of Singo Lodra is swollen because of punch. His sweat dropped from his front face.

“Confess! Who was the mastermind behind your action?” Banyu interrogated Singo.

He keep silent. Again, Banyu Urip gave a punch on his head. “We already knew who was he, he was your Patih, right? Your action to shut your mouth is nothing for Gajah. Because we have already knew your secret task, to kill your own King, right? It was an order from your superior, Patih Gajah Mada, right?”

Not so long, Singo become weaker. He produced cold sweat then he is going to die.

“Master, he already swallowed arsenic poison; I knew that was Majapahit military custom to shut their Penyewu’s mouth.”

“Please go with peace my friend; I forgave you; Good bye friend !.” The King said.

The King shake hand his helper and say thank you, “Thank you very much for your help, I almost die if you didn’t help me.
Let us see who the robbers are.”

There are thirty-two dead bodies of robbers. One of them is Jalak Ireng.

“Oh Jalak Ireng, I can’t believe you that you are among of them. How you could betray your own King that has ever helped you when you faced critically moment of jeopardy almost die; That you almost stab by Panglima Maung Jaya.”

Ujang Lumut faced the King, “Master, you would be better going home to Galuh City; I am afraid concerning your safety because you will find many disturbances like robbers on the way to Singosari.

Please remember that you are the member of Royal Family of ours.
In addition, we don’t know the political situation in your Country.
Did Gajah have launched rebellion? Supposing he has occupied the Trowulan Palace. No body knows.
Therefore, would you come home with us?”

“Thank you Ujang, I knew that I am the member of Royal Family; And I knew your responsibility to guard me, thank you again.

I would rather go home than go to Singosari; But I am the King; therefore, I have my responsibility to save my Kingdom.

If I have run away or hid at Galuh City then I would have left my duty as a King. Goddess will curse on me.

Patih Gajah Mada as well as his group are rebels; that is the reality.
I want to announce concerning my Patih to every body and to large people of Majapahit where ever they have been now.

Let us face the rebellion, destroy the rebels.”

Ujang Lumut give suggestion, “We can help you at battlefield for fighting against the rebels; So don’t hesitate to ask us.
If we didn’t hear news of you then we would have come to Singosari for fighting side by side with you.”

“Thank you Ujang, your help will be waiting every time; I appreciated.”

Now Banyu gave suggestion to his King, “Master,Patih Gajah is at Palembang now; However, he will come home to Singosari soon.
I suggest you to come to Singosari before he would have come.

You can announce concerning rebellion to large people; And the most important thing, you have to announce to military staffs.

You have to explain the core of problem; Tell them who is right and who is wrong; and why it could be wrong.

Common King, we have just a little time; We hope we could reach Singosari in four days.”

“Yes you right Banyu. We must occupy Trowulan Palace first.”

“The most important thing, you have to influence the military, draw them into your side; They have to provide you.”

“How to do ?” King asked.

“You have to announce that Gajah is real rebel; He has done the assassination trail on you but it failed.

You have to explain why he wants to kill you; That was because of he forbids you to marry Princess of Pajajaran Kingdom. I think, this is the central problem of us.

Every body could marry with a woman that he loved; No body can forbid that event.
Therefore, Gajah has no reason for disagreeing with your marriage.”

The King explained, “Banyu, the most important thing for his disagreeing, was that Princess is our enemy. I think that is the core problem of us. It has correlation with Palapa Oath of Gajah.

Nevertheless, I decided Pajajaran people are our friends and their Country will be Friendship Country with our Country.”

Banyu answered, “It is precisely. Shall we conquer every Kingdom in Nusantara? Can we leave one or two Kingdoms being free? And even they would become our Friendship Country?”

“I will answer your question, NO, we shall not! But Gajah will say, YES

Ujang Lumut asked permit to leave the King.

The King said, “Greeting to your King. Say to him that I am OK; Patih Gajah is a real rebel. I have to go to Singosari to save my Kingdom.”


Chapter 4

Meanwhile, Ujang Lumut along with his troop has come to Galuh City. He wants to report the difficulty of King Majapahit on his way; Therefore, he went straight to Palace.

“You’re Majesty, we have difficulty on the way; some robbers attacked King Majapahit. We came at the mean time when the robbers were attacking your son in law criticaly.
We successfully killed all the robbers; and the King Majapahit was save.”

“Where is he now?”

“He continued their journey to Singosari because of some reason.
The robbers were the members of secret agent group that worked for Patih Gajah Mada.”

Princess Dyah Pitaloka with Dayang Galuh Lembayung came into her Father’s office. They came late since Ujang has already started his report about her husband.

“I hope I am not late hearing your report Ujang. How my husband is? Is he all right?”

“Your husband is save after has been attacked by robbers. The robbers are members of secret agent group that worked for Gajah. Therefore, the King has announced to us that Patih Gajah Mada has done rebellion against his own King.
He has done fail assassination on his own King.

The King continued his journey with Banyu Urip and his troop to Singosari City. They went in hurry because they afraid whether Patih Gajah would have come before the King come.

The King has to announce the failed assassination to his people and to his military staffs. That was important for the King to save his Kingdom.”

“Father, we must help the King of Majapahit.” Princess said.

“That was their internal problem in Majapahit Kingdom. We don’t have to help any body in Majapahit Kingdom.”

“You have to, because King of Majapahit was your son in law, one of the member Royal Family; don’t forget your son in law.”

King Maharaja Linggabuana keep silent. He realized that he has forgotten his son in law.

“King of Majapahit is powerful; How I could help him? Son in law isn’t always weak like a son.” He thought.

Finally, the King asked to his daughter, “How we could help him? Shall we send our Army to Singosari?”

“Yes we shall ! That is right; we must send our Army to Singosari to help the King and to fight against Patih Gajah.
We aren’t suppose to expand and defeat Majapahit, but just want to rescue our Royal Family. Do you agree father?”

“I can’t make decision to solve that matter; We have to discuss in the forum of meeting of all my staffs then in Parliament meeting.

You just a weak woman Dyah, therefore I want to suggest you not to follow the Army to Singosari. Please stay at peace land of Parahyangan.”

“I knew sending Army have to be discussed in the forum because it is a big job and high cost; More even will ask sacrifice of soldiers soul.

You said that Parahyangan is peace land; No, it isn’t. Do you remember that Singo Lodra just rolled his tent and the war almost broken.
I believed Majapahit soldiers will come again to defeat us.
I imagine, the war would break at front of our Palace, it would be horrible.

I want to suggest you, don’t smear Parahyangan land with blood of Majapahit soldiers. Therefore, we want to do the war at Singosari.
Let us bring our Army to Singosari before the enemy would have come to Pakuan City.

Father, I want to be a soldier. Then I want to fight at battlefield side by side with my husband. I want to dismiss Patih Gajah.

Do you remember when I said to you, “If I could near him then I will dismissed Patih Gajah Mada.”
You supposed me making a joke. No, even it come true now that I have married with that young King.
Nevertheless, I have to dismiss Patih Gajah; As if Goddess asked me to ful-fill my promised, to dismiss Patih Gajah.

Oh Goddess, now I want to ful-fill my promised to you. Please help me and save me wherever I have been. Please save my husband too. ”
Posted by Satoto Kusasi at 1:13 AM
0 comments:

No comments: