Sunday, April 18, 2010

Between love and hate, part 6

Thursday, July 10, 2008
Between Love and Hate (Part 6)
The Failure Assassination of the Princess

Retold by Satoto Kusasi



Chapter 1

Princess reside at Sora’s mansion which guarded by just one soldier of Wulansari. Therefore, Princess was in jeopardy since an assassin could kill her easily. More even the mansion isolated.

While Sora Mahisa busy to prepare his soldiers for fighting against Demak Kingdom. However, he frightened whether his father could kill his lover easily.

Sora has a good planning to solve his problem; He wants to move his soldiers at Kaliurang Village and then will make military HQ at there. Therefore, he can protect his lover beside he didn’t neglect his duty.

Princess is longing her lover, “Sora darling, I am alone in your quiet mansion. I am afraid to live in this mansion. You have your promised will protect me. So please come to me; I am lonely and sadness.”
She cries in a loneliness. She realized that she is just a weak woman, looks like a chicken. However she has desired eagerly to kill a "python", King Girindrawardana.

She prays, “Oh Goddess, please help me; give me strength to fight against my enemy.”

She mused, “Now my circumstance has forced me to change my schedule that I can’t be able to do my plan to kill Sora Mahisa.
Even I must hang in the rope of love tightly, other wise I could be killed.

Sora darling, now I can answer your question that you has asked me continuosly,
did you still love me. Yes, I still love you and even my love become increase.
Because I needed you to protect me. That is my answering to you.
I am still look like a chicken that you have to hide from the python.”


Chapter 2

Akuwu Wengker called on his soldiers for discussing plan of war.

“Gentlemen, even though we are at abroad but we are still at war; We are fighting now. Our enemies want to fight against Demak Kingdom.
We are not included in their war; We just keep on watching.

Nevertheless, we have duty to safe our Princess in a mansion at Kaliurang Village. She is in jeopardy since the King could kill her.

I want to tell you concerning her strategy to win this war. Princess Sekar and I have planning to defeat our enemy. We will kill Prince Sora Mahisa. Even she wants to kill her lover by herself. She said that she didn’t love him any more, but hate.

She intentionally went into military HQ just wants to kill her lover. You knew her event when she asked Sora Mahisa to detain her to replace the refugees’ freedom.
Did you remember that ?

Now I wondered what has happened with her.
I suppose she has fallen in love again with Sora for the second time.

Patih Kebo Ireng, could you guess what has happened upon our Princess.”

“In my mind, Princess is still in love with him. However, she has her consideration not to blame Sora, but King Girindrawardana.

My assuming says that the murder of our King was likely an order from someone.
King Girindrawardana ordered his son, Prince Sora Mahisa to kill King Ribut Sakti.
If his son had refused his order then the King would have killed his own son.
Therefore, we should blame King Girindrawardana, not Prince Sora.

Now we have to decide, shall we give punishment to Prince Sora Mahisa or to King Girindrawardana.” Patih Kebo Ireng asked.

“King Girindrawardana.” Akuwu answered.

“Yes I have the same answer with you. It seems Prince Sora Mahisa regretted by killing his own father in law and perhaps he got anger to his own father now.

It was a cruel war that everything could happen; Even we could see a son will fight against his own father in the next of war.” Patih Kebo Ireng said.

“Who are they ?”

“I predicted King Girindrawarda will fight against Prince Sora Mahisa.”

“Really? Wow a cruel war will happen next, if it truly happened.”

Akuwu Wengker comments, “Now we have to prove Patih’s theory. Therefore, I want to catch Prince Sora Mahisa when he would have been paying visit to his lover at Kaliurang village. We don’t want to torture him but just want to ask him, what his purpose by killing our King was.
Do you agree?”

“We agreed.”

“We hope Mahisa will not bring many soldiers since Kaliurang is a safe place.
However, we have to ask Princess whether she agree or disagree by our plan. Therefore, I want to make a letter for her.
Then, Singobarbaran will send the letter to her.”

Akuwu Wengker wrote a letter, “Dear Princess, you will be surprise that I have been following you wherever you go. I am glad that you survived up until now. I knew how Sora Mahisa love you very much and so did you. Moreover, I knew that both of you cannot be separated. Nevertheless, it does not mater as long as you are in safe condition.
However, I warned you that King Girindrawardana will kill you, even though his son loved you.

I want to open my card that I want to catch Prince Sora Mahisa and then we want to ask him, what his purpose by killing our father was.
Do you agree?
If you didn’t agree then I will put off this plan.

I am Akuwu Wengker.

Singo Barbaran goes to Kaliurang Village. He surprises to see many Wulansari soldiers are guarding that mansion. Therefore, he returns without result and report to his Commandant.

“How many soldiers at there?” Akuwu asked.

“I presumed more than one hundred soldiers out side; I didn’t know how many at inner side . Their activity is to prepare a fighting; perhaps their enemy is Demak’s soldiers.”


Chapter 3

People of Wulansari Kingdom have been suffering much since every time their King making war to invade another Kingdoms, continuously.
Now, in the contrary Demak Kingdom will attack their Country.

Meanwhile, The King Girindrawardana is discussing war strategy with his secret agent, in secret.

“Why do Demak want to attack us?” The King asked.

“Perhaps they want to influence their power and to introduce a new religious, Islam.”

“We must defense our Country as hard as we could.”

“You’re Majesty, we have found our weapon is obsolete.
We just have spear, sword, keris or blade and arch with arrow.”

“How our enemy? What our enemy has?”

“They have Mariam and pistol.” (Mariam = Cannon).

“What kind of weapon it is?”

“Mariam is a metal instrument that can explode and throw a ball of iron to opponent armies. We didn’t know the name of this instrument, but we have read the name is written on that thing; it write ‘Maria’.”

“We have to buy that kind of instrument immediately. Where we can buy it?”

“Demak Army didn’t buy, but they have confiscated those things from Portuguese when they attacked Malaka Peninsula.”

“You have your task to buy Mariam from Portuguese men directly. Will you?”

“Yes I will.
However, we have a trick to make Mariam will become useless.
You’re Majesty, we will look for where their Mariam has store; Then we can pour water on its powder then the Mariam will useless; It was easy way.”

“It’s very good.
Bulus Lunyu, you have another task any way; However the task would be top secret, so please don’t divulge it.
Would you check this room, whether a spy hearing our conversation?”

“Yes Master I will.” Bulus Lunyu check and look for a spy that perhaps has been hearing their conversation. He doesn’t find the spy, so it’s OK.

“I have a family problem. My son has a lover that I dislike, because of she is our enemy. She is Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi from Medang Kingdom.
I want you to kill her for me. Whatever of manner that you kill her; it is up to you.”

Bulus Lunyu keeps silent for a moment; He muses, “How I could kill a woman that she is fiancĂ©e of our Prince. It’s risky for me and King also.

I would have hostility against Prince Sora Mahisa if the plan assassination divulged.
Further more, The King would have cruelled against his own son.
If I could choice then I would rather say no than yes.”

“Yes You’re Majesty I will do.” Bulus Lunyu said finally, with a heavy heart.

The task must do because the order has come from The King who has absolute authority, otherwise, the King could be angry and given hard punishment.

Bulus Lunyu got secret meeting with his subordinate at his home .
They invited ten soldiers to discuss how the way to kill a woman at Kaliurang Village.

They talked cozy and drank coffee as if the meeting is not a secret.
A woman servant served coffee and fried bananas.

“Please shut the door and window; we would start our meeting.” Bulus Lunyu opened the meeting.

“To day we want to discuss how the way to kill a woman. She is just a weak woman who lived in an isolate mansion with a soldier who guard her.
We hope it is an easy job for us.”

“Who is that woman, Master?

“I will let you know later.
However, she is lives far away from here; At Kaliurang Village percisely, a quiet place. She has been guarded by just a soldier.”

“Master, it will be an easy job. We have fifty soldiers ready to help you.”

“That’s too many, since we will pretend as if we are robbers.
Therefore, we just need ten or twenty soldiers.”

“Master, we must conceal our face behind face masking.”

“Yes you are right. Remember, that we have to keep this secret task tightly; Don’t divulge it, otherwise our King would be angry and then give hard punishment to us.”

“Any way, who is our victim?”

“She is a Princess named Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi.
Tomorrow morning we will go to our target, OK?
Remember; don’t divulge our secret task.”

Then the secret meeting was over; every body goes home to prepare their journey to Kaliurang Village.

A woman ride her horse from Bulus Lunyu’s home. She is the servant who wants to go home since her duty as servant was over. She is Ken Melati, Bulus Lunyu servant who has been working at Bulus's home for a long time.

However, she is actually member of secret agent who works for Prince Sora Mahisa.

She come into Sora Mahisa’s office and report the important news.

“Master, please safe your lover now!; A mob of robbers will kill your lover.”
Ken Melati said to her Master.

“Thank you Ken Melati. I will protect my lover. Now I will send my troopers.

Now you must go abroad. You are in jeopardy, therefore you must go abroad.
Here much money for you, for costing of your travelling.
Don’t forget for taking the entire your family along with you.
Please don’t come back.”

Prince Sora Mahisa commands his troops that amount two hundred soldiers to protect his lover immediately. The troops will go through jungle in the night; They move secretly and silently.

Early in the morning, the secret troops has reached Kaliurang Village. Their leader faces Putri Sekarpandanwangi, “Master, I am the leader of this troops. Our duty is to protect you from a mob of robbers.
Prince Sora Mahisa has sent us. Here a letter for you from my Master.”

Princess read the letter; it contended, “Dear lover, I have sent these troops to protect you from a mob of robbers. My troops has amounted two hundred soldiers; That is enough to fight against little mob of robbers, believe me. I loved you very much.”

“Oh Goddess, thank you very much. Now I am not a chicken, but an eagle and even a King eagle with sharp claws on both of my hands.

Oh Mahisa thank you very much. I want you to know that I loved you; I don’t want to make harm on you because I have changed my plan of war against your Country.

Now, our enemy is your own father, not you.
Even I must hang my fate on the rope of love tightly.”

The troops was professional trooper that they prepared them self for defending of robber’s attacking. They assumed the attack would have launched at evening that day.

In the evening when the sun goes down, a mob rush in to lonely mansion.
It was Bulus Lunyu and his friends, pretended as robbers.

However, the robbers disappointed when soldiers of Wulansari fought them at sudden. Many arrows flew to its target from the forest, then many robbers fell down to death. Many soldiers Wulansari moved out from inner house and from forest.

Finally, the robbers run away from the battlefield. They run away with their horses toward Eastern. They will reach Military Head Quarter at east sector and face King Girindrawardana.

They lost at little battle; five members of them were death. Now they would face the King and report their failure. On the way to HQ, they had discussed the failure to each other.

“Somebody has divulged our secret task; Then the traitor must be among of us. Confess who you are.” Bulus Lunyu angry, accused his own subordinate with anger face.

“No body of us, Master. But your servant was a suspect.”

“She has been working with my family for a long time, I cannot believe.”

After rode their horses two days of long journey, finally, they reached their destination at HQ of their King.

King was at cozy time in his tent. His dayang and Penyewu Boyo Lali accompanied him as well as his military staffs.

Military rule saying that a King in battlefield must be accompanied; Don’t leave alone a King at battlefield.

Suddenly, a mob come rush into King’s tent, “You’re Majesty, we failed to do our task because of the secret task has divulged before our action have done.”

The King keep silent for a moment; he muses, “Why did they fail? They said because of the secret task has been opened by somebody. Who the betray person was”

“Bulus Lunyu, who has divulge our secret task?
I have warned you not to divulge it, remember !”

“I don’t know.” Bulus answered with trembled.

The King’s face become red and pale changeable. Now he become frightened; He imagines Prince Sora Mahisa will angry then he will fight against Sora Mahisa.
Further, a civil war will erupt. Now he become panic.

He thought, “Sora Mahisa has many friends in military group; They realy want to help him with every Sora’s problem.
One of them is Penyewu Boyo Pitu. I assumed Boyo Pitu was a betray soldier who has divulged the secret task.”

Suddenly, the King shouted, “Catch Penyewu Boyo Pitu; give him a hard punishment!”

Everybody in the King’s tent become astonish

His guards do his commanded. They rushed to Boyo Pitu tents, caught him and tide his hand at sudden. “Hi, what was wrong with me? Please tell me, please judge me; I am clean; I never do wrong!”

His effort didn’t work; His serviced for his Country was useless.
He must be executed by hanging until death, no excuse for him.

Patih Gajah Urip surprised, “Hi what was has happened? Why did my staff was detained?”

Patih faced his King in hurry for asking Boyo Pitu punishment.

“You’re Majesty, why did Penyewu Boyo Pitu was detained? Will you give punishment?”

“Yes I will give hard punishment to him because he has divulged my secret task.”

“What is the secret task?”

“You don’t have to know it.
Now I command you to attack Prince Sora Mahisa at Western HQ”

“What? Shall we attack our own friend and also your own son?”

“No he was not our friend or my son but enemy.”

“Ok I will.” Patih Gajah Urip goes out of King’s tent.

"The King is going mad; Because of he wants to punish his own son." Patih thought.

Boyo Lali, brother of Boyo Pitu also goes out snaking. He frightened because of he also could be detained since he is brother of Boyo Pitu.

Some soldiers brought Penyewu Boyo Pitu to execute his punishment; Without to do justice upon him. Poor Boyo Pitu, he death already after hanging.

Boyo Lali rode his horse, told other soldiers that their King had was going mad,
“Hi friends! I want you to know that our King was going mad. I suggest you to leave this Camp and follow me immediately.

The King has given punishment to my brother; hang until death; That was crazy decision of him. Let us go toward Western; Let us join with west legion.”

“What was the reason of him?”

“The King accused Boyo Pitu has divulged a secret task; That was a secret task to kill Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi.
However, the King has no evidence to accuse Boyo Pitu.”

The soldiers really frightened; Therefore, they followed Penyewu Boyo Lali to Kaliurang Village.
More than one thousand soldiers have gone to Kaliurang Village, followed Boyo Lali.

Meanwhile, Patih Gajah urip make a secret meeting with his staffs, “You knew that our King was mad; He has given last command to us for attacking Prince Sora Mahisa. You can think that it was a crazy command.
How a King wants to attack his own military staff and even his own son.

Therefore, I command you to raise a white flag when we would have faced the Prince’s legion; I want to make peace with Prince Sora because of Sora our partner, not enemy.

The King has given hard punishment upon our friend, Penyewu Boyo Pitu because the King accused him as traitor by divulging a secret task. He didn’t mention what the secret task was.
But I have asked Bulus Lunyu concerning his task. He confessed that the King wants to kill Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi, but the murder was in vain."

Afterward, all soldiers agreed with Gajah’s plan, and they knew what will happen.


Chapter 4

Kaliurang Village quiet even though the robbers just have robbed the mansion of Princess. Wulansari soldiers collected dead bodies of robber, five dead bodies of robbers.

Two days later on, Prince Sora Mahisa comes along with two thousand soldiers. Princess happy; how she is longing of him. Both of creatures hug and kiss tenderly.

Even Princess now afraid losing her lover, even though she wants to kill him as her planning before.

“Let us see who the robbers were.” Prince Sora Mahisa said.

They walk to the battlefield and see. “I knew that they are members of secret agent that works for King Girindrawardana. Then it was clear that the King really wants to kill you. Fortunately, One member of my secret agent has told me their planning to kill you. Now the King will have another planning to hurt us, you and me.
Let us wait what he wants to do.”

“Wow......, how a father wants to hurt his own son; It’s impossible thing.”

“Yes I agreed with you darling, but it will be possible in the chaos situation like this. Therefore, unity of us is important thing to fight against King Girindrawardana.”

"Of course you and I can work hand in hand to fight against King Girindrawardana. Darling, you have added my power with many soldiers. Now, I am no more likes chicken but an eagle. Even as King Eagle with sharp claws.

On the other hand, I believed the King is just likes a little snake, no more likes a python.”

“Yes you right darling.”

Prince Sora Mahisa commands his troops to make military HQ completely with camp, kitchen, minaret, weapon storehouse and many things.
Therefore, the quiet village become crowded.
Prince wants to become the winner in the next war against Demak.

A week has passed, the soldiers become boring; They are boring with war situation continuously; That was because of their King has war business.
Unbelievable, how a King has war business.

Prince Sora Mahisa called for readiness; Two thousand soldiers formed lines.
Prince speaks, “Gentlemen, we are ready to welcome our enemy for fighting.
I knew that we are already boring by war situation continuously; So we hope the enemy would not come.”

“YES YOU RIGHT PRINCE; Because we would like be farmers.” The soldiers shouted.

Suddenly, guard that guarding on top minaret faces Sora, “Master, a group of soldiers come straight to our Camp.”

“Are they Demak soldiers?”

“No, seem they used our soldier’s uniform, perhaps they are our soldiers from East Sector.”

“Thank you God, they were not Demak soldiers. Let us see!”

Boyo Lali come with one thousand soldiers. He has pale face; sweat dropped from front head and looks frightened.

“Blast! Prince, your father become mad. He has hanged my brother.”

“Please be calmed Boyo; Let us drink cool water and get rest.”

Boyo Lali drInks cool water from earth-flask.
He lays down on the ground and going to rest.

“What have happened?” Prince Sora Mahisa asked.

“The King has given hard punishment to my brother without do justice. He accused my brother has divulged a secret task. The secret task is to kill Princess Putri Sekarpandanwangi.
So I want to askyou, Has Boyo Pitu warn you concerning the secret task?”

“No he has not, but my secret agent has told me.
So what can I do Boyo?”

“You must prepare your soldiers for a civil war now! Because of the King will come soon for giving hard punishment to you.”

“I am not guilty; I am clear and even my father has sin that he wants to kill his own daughter in law.”

“Yes I knew you are right. However, you must remember that this Country has no rule of law at all. The man who has power could grip law.”

“If I asked my soldiers to do civil war then they will reject it; how they fight to each other.

Now I have idea to separate them into two parts.

The part 1 that wants to provide King and part 2 that wants to provide me.”

(To be continued)
Posted by Satoto Kusasi at 2:03 PM

No comments: