Saturday, September 4, 2010

Rakeyan Jaya Dharma, The King

Rakeyan Jaya Dharma, The King
Retold by Satoto Kusasi

Prologue

On one occasion, we approached our Grandma for asking her to tell a story, “Grandma, would you tell us another story of you; You didn’t tell us stories again as usual for a long time; Come-on Grandma !, tell us now !”
Our Grandma answers, “Yes you right. By the way,do you like hearing my story ?”

“Of course we do.
So, will you tell me now, Grandma ?”

‘OK! I will tell you the story of King Rakeyan Jaya Dharma; Do you remember that King ? ( Author : Look, ‘The creator of Majapahit Kingdom’)

“Yes I do; He was the father of Raden Wijaya; Right ? “

“Yes you right !
After Rakeyan and Dyah has spoken at the front Singosarian people in Tuban Harbor for saying good bye, then they departed to Galuh Kingdom.
I will tell you what their outcome after that.

Now I will start my story; So, please keep silent, don’t make noise !

Grandma sing a song before she start her story.

Now I becoming a wanderer
The same as my husband do, as traveler
Our destination will be Kawali City in Galuh Kingdom
Will I be happy ?
Yes, I have to be happy.

However, I am frightening
I predicted that they will reject our arrival
But I don’t know what their reason is
Why do I becoming frighten ?
Shall I ask my husband about my bad feeling ?

No, I don’t want to disturb my husband.
Since I have a debt of soul to him
When he rescued on me in a critical moment.
I guess that I have to ask him again for helping me.
In the next of another dangerous moment
That is just my prediction; Hoppefully, that would be untrue.

Dyah Lembu Tal !.....
You have your right being happy
Since you already got the handsome young man as your husband
Then, ....who disagree with your marrying ?.
Ask your husband !


Chapter 1

There is a young lady who always attend in Harbor of Pasundan every single day. She comes with her guards since she is a Noble lady.

Dewi Dara Buana, a young lady who has been waiting her fiance’s coming home from his journey, for a long times. She loves her fiance, Rakeyan Jaya Dharma very much.
However Rakeyan didn’t love her. He has chosen Dyah Lembu Tal as his wife, even he has married her, when he was in Singosari.

Dewi comes in Sunda Harbor every day.
She has been attending at there from early morning until dusk come, waiting for his coming patiently.

While Rakeyan didn’t suppose that his coming has been waited by some one. Because he thought that his relation ship with Dewi Dara Buana, was just a proposal marry; Even he didn’t agree with that proppose.

However, Dewi Dara Buana has considered Rakeyan as her fiance.

Finally, the ship came embarking in harbor. And then, the two happy creatures came down on to Sunda Soil.

Rakeyan greeps her wife’s waist affectionately. While, Dyah is looking up at her husband’s eyes, as if she asks to be kissed.

Dewi become shock when she realized that the disappointed matter is happening in front of her eyes; It’s hurt and pain, stab into deep of her heart.
How heartache Dewi Dara Buana suffering was, when she saw their action.

The circumstances of heavy shock, make her comes to faint, collaps and unconsciousness; She’s going down onto the ground. Her guards helped and took her away to Sunda Kingdom immediately and secretly. They went toward Western, crossed the Citarum River, straight to Pakuan City (Now Bogor City )

Rakeyan and Dyah didn’t know and even didn’t see Dewi was at there, when they just came.

Dewi Dara Buana is a member of Kingdom’s Family, the Sunda Kingdom. She has been chosen to be married off with Prince Rakeyan Jaya Dharma of Galuh Kingdom; Hopefully, the two Kingdoms could be united in Unification of a Kingdom.

However, Rakeyan didn’t love Dewi because of one and others reason; But he didn’t reveal his rejection to that young lady.
Therefore, Dewi still hoping Rakeyan’s love; Because of she realy in love with Rakeyan. That’s pity of Dewi.


Chapter 2

Dyah Lembu Tal will meet her father in law, King Prabu Guru Darmasiksa.
Shall the King want to accept her with well-mannered as her parents did to Rakeyan, her husband ?.
That’s the problem of Dyah. Her mind has been covered by bad feeling that always annoying continuously.

Patih Danureksa picked Rakeyan’s family up in the harbor. He was polite and care with Rakeyan’s family. Hoping, King Guru Darmasiksa would be so kind too as his Patih do, by then Dyah could be relief.

Finnaly, she reveals her emotion to her husband, “Darling, am I a stranger in your Country ? I calculate that every body would be unhappy because of my arrival.”

Rakeyan answers, “This place is my home and you are my wife; So, you should be happy, don’t you ? More even, I am Prince of this Kingdom; So I have my authority power. “

“That’s the central theme of you that make me worrying! Because of you are a Prince in this Country; It make me frighten.”

“What your reason is ?”

“With your title and other circumstances, then you will have your competitor as political issue in this Country.
If you were just a common people, then it would be good and would make me save.”

“Dyah, shall I be a common people as you want ? “

“No, I am not suggesting on you; It was just a manner of mine to reveal my scared concerning of you.
I hope, Galuh would be different than that Singosari in relation to political situation.
My Grandpa suggested on me not involve in every political affair because of many assassination had done upon our Kings; It had been told in our Kingdom’s history.”

“Who is your Grandpa?”

“Mahisa Wongateleng.
He told me about many assassination of Singosarian Kings by their competitor to seize King’s authority. My Grandpa even has refused to be a King even though he was a valid candidate as a King of Singosari. More even he suggested to every member of his family, not involve in every political affair.”

“Well...Do you want to suggest also on me not involve in political affair in my own Kingdom; Do you ?” Rakeyan asks his wife seriously.

“No I don’t!
Please, listen to me.! We are a solid team to fight against your challenger. I will be your soldiers too for Gloria of Galuh Kingdom.
I just want to ask you to protect me as your wife. “

“Thank you darling.
OK, I will protect you from every failure also jeopardy situation in Galuh Kingdom.
Hi, this word.....; I have ever said to your parents too.
Do you remember ?”

“Yes I do.
I shouldn’t being afraid as I said in my poem;
Do you remember ?”

“Yes I remember.
You said in your poem, ‘West is promote and hope; Even the soil is fertile and the King is wise. “ Rakeyan says

“Now, I want to prove whether your father is a wise King or not.
Come-on ! Let us face him now.” Dyah says eagerly.

Both walked into the Palace, straight to Throne of King Prabu Guru Darmasiksa.

Prabu Darmasiksa is waiting his son and daughter in law, when they come. He already knew the arrival of the happy couple.

The King says warmly, “Welcome home my son and you too my daughter in law.”

Both seat in front the Throne, crossed leg and unite their palm.

Dyah Lembu Tal says, “I am Dyah Lembu Tal, want to give respect to you as a King of Galuh Kingdom. I want you to know that I already being wife of Rakeyan Jaya Dharma.
I hope you can accept me as a daughter in law of you.”

“Of course I will accept you as a member of our Royal Family in Galuh Kingdom. Even I am glad to receive you.” The King says.

Rakeyan says, added, “Father, she is daughter of Mahisa Cempaka, the Prime Ministry of Singosari Kingdom. I married her when I was in Singosari. I am sorry not telling you about this matter; But I hope you don’t mind, do you ?”

“Of course,I don’t mind.
As I said, I am glad having a young pretty lady as my daughter in law likes your wife.”

“Thank you father.
I also hoping my wife would be relief, hearing your word directly.
Dyah listen to me ! Now, you have no reason being frighten, because every body in Galuh have received you in happyness, included their King.”

“Thank you Rakeyan.” Dyah says with gleaming face.

Dyah says, added, “I will learn Sunda custom and Sunda language. Even though we can able to communicate to each other in Melayu Language now, but your Nationally Language is Sunda.”

Guru Darmasiksa mused for a while and then says, “Thank you for you want to learn our language. However, Melayu Language is the Second Language in Galuh; Because our Country was a territory of Sriwijaya Kingdom’s colony previously, but not now; As you knew already that people of Sriwijaya speak Melayu as their Nationally Language.”

Rakeyan says compulsively, “Father, Can we make a party to cellebrtate our married. ?”

The King keeps silent, not answering. He mused and thought for a while.
Finnaly the King says, “I would rather say yes than no, but I can’t . Because of our political problem with our neighboring Kingdom, The Sunda Kingdom.
As you knew already that you should marry with a young lady named Dewi Dara Buana; However, you have broken that agreement.

Therefore, I decided not to make a party as you wish. Please don’t make lady Dewi Dara Buana disappointed for the second time. More even, don’t make the Sunda King becoming mad.”

Rakeyan says, “Father, I am sorry that I have broken that agreement; Are you angry father ?”

“No, I am not.”

“I married with Dyah Lembu Tal because I love her, not Dewi.”

“I knew ! You have your right to choose your wife among many women in every place in this World. However, you are a leader of a community, the Galuh community..........(again the King keeps quiet).”

“So what ?”

“You should consider every opinion of your people and even opinion of other people at abroad. Therefore, you should put-off your marrying; ....But it’s too late.

In my opinion, Sunda and Galuh can not be united by just a marrying off; Marrying off of Dewi Dara Buana with you. The political problem was so complicated that we can’t solve by just a symple effort likes a marrying off.”

“I envisage that you provide me father, do you ? Do you agree with my marrying ?”

“Yes I do.
However, I warn you for facing the next problem of yours !; Please don’t make decision by yourself; Please asking me first !
However, I don’t want to say that your marrying is a mistake; No, I absolutely agreed with you; So, I want to say congratulation to all of you!

“Father, you said, you agreed with us, but on the other hand you warn me; So, your mention make me confusing. Will you make it more clear and specific.!”

“You have considered that your marrying is a private problem of yours, right ?
But I said no; It is not.
Because of you are a Prince and also the King candidate.

I agreed with you because the married has been done already; Therefore it can’t to be discussed any more.

However, we have consequences that, we, together have to have been waiting the response of Sunda King,from now on until then; What he will do to us ?. Shall he want to make harm on us or even launch a war against us, who knows .?”

Dyah Lembu Tal drops her tear from her eyes; She cries, holds Rakeyan hand tightly.

Rakeyan whispers to his wife, “Please don’t cry darling !”

Dyah answers, “Now, my anxiety has been answered; The answered is the war that would be happen next; That will be launched by King of Sunda.
All of those problem because of you have married me, not Dewi.
However, I will be your soldier, fight hand in hand with you.
Even, fight against every Galuh’s enemy.

Remember that I have my debt of soul with you; That I will pay back in the next war against Sunda Kingdom. I will donate my soul, for Gloria of Galuh Kingdom.”

King Prabu Darmasiksa gives opine for his daughter in law’s word, “Please Dyah, You don’t have to; The war that I hope will never happen is our problem, not you.

Now we will change our topic of discussion.
Any way, I would be glad, if you got a baby of yours, soon.

“Yes father, I hope a baby would be delivered; Oh Dewa Batara (God) will you give us a baby that could make all of us be happy ?. “ Dyah says and prays.









Chapter 3

Short story, the baby has delivered; The mother and her baby is in good condition. The baby is male. His Grandpa gives a name, Raden Wijaya. That is a good name.

Raden Wijaya grew to become a young and strong adult. The parents are happy and proud because Raden is a handsome young man, looks like his father and mother.

Raden Wijaya could be able to be mixed with other friends in large society. He has many friends; Among of them are Ujang, Gendut, Asep and Rusa.

Mean while the Sunda Kingdom being quiet and peace for a long time, up until now. Seems the Sunda King subsided his anger. Perhaps, he has already burried the problem of marrying off of Dewi Dara Buana.
So did King of Galuh, Guru Darmasiksa.

In the mean time, there is a bad news that King Prabu Guru Darmasiksa is dead; The Galuh people mourn and feel deep of sadness; They valued their King is a wise King.

King Prabu Guru Darmasiksa also has his important role to make the Sunda King becomes nice and peace. His authority power as a leader could make everybody respect to him, included the King of Sunda ; Therefore, might be, there were peace condition for period of a long time between the two Countries; As long as King Prabu Guru Darmasiksa rulling.

However, the peace condition could be changed toward worse, after King Prabu Guru Darmasiksa passing away, who knows ?

Lady Dewi Dara Buana growing old; Threfore, no expectation to get Rakeyan as her partner. However, she still feel hurt and got anger. Perhaps she would get revenge to Rakeyan and his family.

After his father passing away, Rakeyan Jaya Dharma inaugurate as a new King to replace his father. Galuh people welcome the new King of theirs.
They make party to celebrate Rakeyan and family in his Palace in Kawali City (now Ciamis City ).

Raden Wijaya is a young adult; He is an energetic of young boy; He likes to search every place that he wants to know. He also likes to play games.
However, If he went to Western Area then he would find difficulty, because of Sunda soldiers might take him as hostage.

His father has warned him that Western Area is dangerous site, because Sunda Kingdom still have hostility to Galuh Kingdom. “Don’t cross the Citarum River, because the river is the border between the two Countries, so be carefull !.” Rakeyan says to his son.

One day Asep asks Raden to go to make a trip for enjoying, “Raden, Let us go to Cibeurem; We can enjoy for swiming and playing.”

“OK I want; Where the site is ? I never go there.” Raden Wijaya answers.

“Cibeurem is a river; The river branch of Citarum. The panoramic view is good.”

They ride horses for going there. They don’t want to be guarded, therefore Raden goes without asks permit to his father.

Every body knows who Raden Wijaya is. He is a prominent figure as a son of King and more even as an handsome young man. People in the village appreciate and welcome for their coming.

Except a man who always watching them, that Raden and friends have to make on guard against him. He may an enemy of Sunda’s officer, without uniform ?

No body can make assessment whether some one is an enemy or not, because the two communities (Sunda and Galuh) is same, no different at all; They are Sunda people, using the same language and the same habit.
Therefore, how come to detect an enemy ?
Sunda Land was a Kingdom previously, The Tarumanegara Kingdom.

Raden also got suspicion against that man, because he always watching his activity, as if he wants to help Raden and wants to join the group. Raden always remember his father’s warning, “Be careful in Western Area. Don’t trust with a stranger.”

Raden Wijaya, Asep, Ujang, Gendut and Rusa go down into the river for swiming. They play and make joy. The River water is clear and many fish in there.

Raden Wijaya satisfied with his trip and even says to Asep, “This place is beautiful, so we will go again in the next of week, Ok ?”

“We agreed with you; Let us go with others many of friends to make more joy.”

“Yes I agreed with you; Call on our friends then we can make a game in next week of our trip !
Now we have to go home since we have spent much time in this beautiful place.” Raden says.

Unexpectedly, a mob of three Sunda’s officer came; They wearied their soldier’s uniform. Seem they want to make harm to Raden Wijaya.

One of the enemy’s soldier asks, “Which of you Raden Wijaya is ? We need him; We don’t want to make harm on him.”

Rusa come out, “I am Raden Wijaya; What do you want ?”

“I just want to know you and ask you to visit our Palace in Pakuan City, Will you ?”

“If we refused you, then what do you want to do ?”

“I am sorry ! We insist on you. “

Rusa says, "I am the son of King; The King Rakeyan Jaya Dharma. Are you so brave that you want to annoy me ?”

“Yes I am.
I have my own King that we just obey him, but not your King.”

The site is a quiet place, no one of villager at there. Therefore, Raden Wijaya and his friends must fight against the enemies, without helpers.
The five young men unsheathed their kujang ( blade ) each, ready to fight.

The three soldiers of enemy also unsheathed their sword and rise their shield, ready for a war.

Raden Wijaya frighten since he wasn’t ready for fighting, but playing; He feels hopeless; Just God can help him.

Suddenly, a man shoots an arrow to the enemies from the bush. The arrow stabbed on enemy’s shield. The man shouts, “Hi you bastard enemy ! Go away ! Other wise we killed you ! We are Galuh armies ! “

Unbelieveable, the three soldiers of enemy turned back and walked away. They don’t want to fight face to face with Galuh armies. Perhaps they afraid.

Not so long, a man come out from the bush; He was the man at the street who was suspected as an enemy of Sunda soldier.

He bows and respects to Rusa, says, “Raden, I am Sasra Madakara,one of your people. I will help you in every difficulty of yours. I can be trusted, believe me.”

Raden Wijaya thinks, “How my people didn’t know me as his Prince ?; It is strange.”

Rusa says, “Hi Sasra ! You are wrong ! I’m not Raden Wijaya, but he is !” Rusa pointed Raden Wijaya.

Raden Wijaya says, “Then I concluded that you aren’t my people; You must be Sunda people, not Galuh, right ?”

“No, I am not !
I am realy Galuh people, believe me; But I have my home site is far away from here; Therefore, I never see my own King.”

Raden Wijaya says, ‘Sasra Madakara, confess ! That you are actually soldier of Sunda. You will never make me stupid with your trick.

Those three soldiers actually are your friends, right ? You have played drama in front of me, do you ? How come a mob of soldiers can retreat, just because of you have shouted ?”

Sasra Madakara keep quiet; He moves slowly, turn his body back and goes away.

He uses his boat and goes crossing river. Raden and his friends are watching Sasra Madakara when he meets his many friends, at the opposite bank of river; They must be soldiers of Sunda Kingdom.

Raden Wijaya says to his friends, “Seem to me that The Sunda Kingdom will launch an attack to our Kingdom; That is my conclusion.”


Chapter 4


Raden Wijaya tells his experience to his father, included his appraisal that Kingdom of Sunda will attack, “Be careful father, they will launch an attack to us. Therefore we must prepare our Army to fight.”

The King says, “Thank you son; Yes I agreed with you that we must prepare our Army to fight. However, I still hoping that the war wouldn’t be happened.”

“Why did you still hoping ?; “ Raden asks his father.

“They should think twice to do a war; Because the motivation for making a war isn’t most important; But It was just a clear-cut case.”.

“What their motive was ?”

“They asked me to marry a woman that I didn’t love. I have chosen your mother to be my wife, not her. Perhaps, they got anger by then.”

“Why they asked you a stupid request ?”

“They hope, the marrying can make the two Kingdoms become a Kingdom.”

Mean while, Dyah Lembu Tal heard the conversation from a distance place. Now, she comes, approachs the father and son, for joining the conversation.

She read a poem, to reveal emotion of her sadness

My sadness
Has formed in Galuh
Growing toward a big Natioanally problem
Then it becomes trouble of Galuh Kingdom
Every body push, be included
Am I wrong ?
Who should be blamed ?

Rakeyan approaches his wife, hugs and kiss her chick, “You aren’t wrong, darling; No body could be blame in this case. Our marrying is lawful and aproved by God.
I devoted to you, believe me ! “

Raden Wijaya comes and hugs both parents; Then the three persons of family cry in sadness.

Rakeyan says, “Hi , why do we cry ? What the reason is ? We are the happy family. We shouldn’t cry but laugh in happyness.”

Raden Wijaya agreed with his father, “You right father, we are the happy family. Mom, please don’t cry ! Let us welcome the future in happyness and beautiful hoping.

Finally Dyah says, “Our son is right that we have to welcome our good luck in future.
And I want to add, don’t evaluate any more the pass time of yesterday; Right ?”

“Yes you right Dyah, my wife; What ever we have chosen was aproved by God; We are believe in God.” Rakeyan says

After that, the three of family laugh in happyness.

“Let us celebrate the happy day in dining room, facing a plate full of food.” Dyah said.


Dyah always trying to make happy her family, therefore, she learned how Sunda women to cook. She guess her husband dislike the food that she cook.

She learned Sunda people habit in matter of their food; That they eat much vegetables, even uncooked vegetables. She has learned that vegetables is good food stuff for healthy; Even can make skin bright, beautiful appearance.
However, she can’t do to cook the way Sunda women cook..

Dyah says again, “I have cooked; I hope you like it.”

Rakeyan asks, “Did you cook by yourself ?“

“Yes I do..
However, that cook is Singosarian food, not Sunda food, I am sorry.”

“Dyah...., you don’t have to cook by yourself. I don’t want your hand becoming dirty by your activity. Therefore I suggest you to hire a chef in our kitchen.”

“Thank you darling !
However, I knew that you didn’t like my cooking, since I use much meat in food; That is Singosarian habit using much meat.
And I will learn with chef, how the way Sunda women to cook.”

Rakeyan says, “Therefore, I will look for that chef in a moment.
He can teach you how to cook, the way Sunda women cook.”



Chapter 5

Raden Wijaya asks permit to his father, “Father may I go to Cibeurem River for making enjoy with many of my friends.”

The King keeps quiet; Finally answers, “You told me concerning the enemy soldiers of Sunda whose guarded on the opposite bank of Citarum River. Therefore, you will go to a dangerous site, as if that place will be a battlefield.
No, I disagreed with you.!


Raden Wijaya disappointed, because the game that they want to play has been preparing for a long time; But now, it will be cancelled.
The reason is absurd; Hard to understand by many young men, likes Raden Wijaya.

Again Raden asks, “Come-on father ! My friends have been waiting for me, for a long time. They are ready to go.”

“Call on Patih Danureja now !” The King gives command to his guard.

When a King has given his command to a Military Leader, that is mean a war. Therefore, Raden Wijaya realized that the war almost erupt; Even though the King said that the reason to make a war, isn’t most important or Just a clear-cut case.

Patih Danureja with five soldiers comes and seat infront Throne.

The King says, “Follow Raden Wijaya with one thousand soldiers to the bank of Citarum River, now !
I don’t mean want to make a provocation, starting a war.”

Patih says, “However, one thousand soldiers will make provocation, You’re Majesty. You can figure-out, how one thousand soldiers will face their enemies; Certainly they will push into a war; Believe me.”

“Then, do you have suggestion ?”

“Yes I do !
In my plan, I will follow Raden with twenty or fifty soldiers; Just to protect him from jeopardy circumstances. Meanwhile the others soldier will stay at a distance place, hiding.
That huge amount of soldiers just wait; They will be called to help, if necessary.”

“Thank you Patih, then I will follow your suggestion.
Now go !”

Raden Wijaya along with his friends go riding horses to their destination, Cibeurem River. They play a game on the bank of river.

Mean while, Patih Danureja followed them from behind.
The soldiers of Galuh hide and wait in the forest, ready for combating; Just ten soldiers attend in the game arena, watching.

One hour has been spent by the game, when suddenly two boats with full of passenger departed from the opposite bank of Citarum River; They must be Sunda soldiers.
They landed on the shore, go straight to the game arena; Then they looked for Raden Wijaya. Seem Raden is their targeted to be caught and brought to Pakuan.

One of them shouted, “Hi, Raden Wijaya ! We compel you to follow me ! “

They knew already who is Raden Wijaya among many of youth at there.

Raden Wijaya says, “You force me to go with you; It’s easy to say but it’s difficult to establish, because that means war between two Countries.
Did you make provocation, to force us going into war ?
So, what do you want to say ?”

The enemy keep quiet, no more talking. Even, they discuss the situation would be, if they got an action.
Surprising, they unsheathed their sword, going ambush.

Patih Danureja with ten soldiers step forward; He shouted, “We are your real opponent. You have already declared war against Galuh Kingdom.”

The game arena become battlefield. Patih Danureja fight with his sword bravely; So did his subordinate; But his amount is less than that their enemies.
Fortunately, not so long, the huge amount of Galuh soldiers come; They rush into battlefield. The Sunda soldiers surprise then they run away, go nearing their boat; Left behind dead bodies of their friends.

Raden Wijaya and his friends goes home immediately, because of Patih Danureja has instructed to him, for his safety.

Galuh Army stand by on the bank of river, ready to fight; And so did Sunda Army on the opposite bank of river. The two opponent mock to each other. That moment is critically that will push both Army into an ambush of real war.

Citarum River can make both of Army being separated, therefore no more war for time being. Then the two legion go back to their home each.

Citarum River is wide and deep; Sometimes croccodile appear at the bank.




Chapter 6

After that incident, calm condition covered the two Countries. People of both Countries actually don’t want making war. If war happened then they will fight in the circle of their own family.
No doubt that the two communities are brother, the Sunda Community.

The calm and peace circumstances can be run for long enough; And even the Priest of Hindu prayed along with his follower, to say thanks to God of Dewa Batara; Because of war can be subsided.

Even though both Countries are dispute, however, the people of Sunda in the west (from Sunda Kingdom) can move to east, crossing Citarum River; So do people from east (from Galuh Kingdom). No body can forbid them.
Therefore, some one can becomes an employee of both Kingdoms; and even can becomes a soldier of both Kingdoms.

Mean while, Raden Wijaya is forbidden to go to Cibeurem River again, after that incident; That is for his safety. However, Raden still organized the game that he likes at the other place; He and his friends do practiced the game every single day. Seems he tried to forget every political affair in his Country.

Dyah Lembu Tal tried to love Sunda food and tried to make it. She learnt from a Chef in Kitchen Palace. However, she still likes Singosari food; She can’t eat uncooked vegetables as the habit of Sunda people.

That day she cooks a plate full of food for her husband; Of course that is Sunda food that she knows her husband will like it. The chef helps her to make it, then both of them work together in the Palace kitchen.

Dyah asks to Chef, “Hi, why did you make it in two plates; We need just one plate; Just for The King. I my self dislikes eating Sunda food.”

The Chef answers, “Madame, please try this Sunda food; Please taste it. I am sure you will like it, as I knew, it is delicious food. ”

"OK thank you.!”

Dyah brought the two plates of food into Dining Room. She stores it in the cupboard, because her husband will come late; May be, he will come in dusk when the sun set.
The King has gone into forest for hunting.

Dyah Lembu Tal thinks, “Karna, the Chef wants me to eat the food now, because he wants to hear my assessment of his cook flavor; OK then I will eat now.
But the contents of the two plates are not same; One is full of food and the other is less....I knew Karna wants to give the full one for his King and the less one is for me.”

Dyah is eating, when Karna comes into Dining Room. He shouldn’t disturb while the Queen eating, except the Queen called on him.

Karna looks at Dyah’s plate and then he goes away; Seems he knows the etiquette.

Dyah calls on him, “Hi Karna, I know you want me to value the flavor of your cook, Right ?;
So, I want to say that is delicious food of you, thank you.”

Karna didn’t answers, He looks excited and frightened with his pale face. Seems he has kept a secret. He turns his body back and goes away. His attitude is strange.
But Dyah don’t care; She continues her food until finish. She likes that food and she already knew the formula to make it.



Chapter 7


Dyah waits her husband come home from the forest. Hunting is King’s hobby. He goes into forest sometimes but not often.

Not so long, Rakeyan Jaya Dharma comes with a deer as his result of hunting.

Dyah guides her husband goes toward Palace, straight to Dining Room.

Rakeyan says, “No, I don’t want to eat now, but take bath first.”

After taking bath, Rakeyan eat the food that he likes. He eats much because hungry. He seats in the sofa, for relaxing; While Dyah follows him, spoiled.

“How is your hunting ?” She asks her husband

“Very good ! I enjoy. But I feel sory for the deer that I have killed; Goddess, please forgive me for I have killed your beautiful creature; But believe me that I will eat those deer.”

Dyah comments, “That is hunting, not a picnic; You have to kill an animal. You just continuing the tradition of our ancestor, long times ago. Because they need meat for their life.”

“You right my dear Dyah; Therefore, I hope God will give his blessing on me, not a punishment.”

“Hi...You always talk about God, it’s peculiar of you; Why ?”

“Perhaps my dieing would come a little longer.” Rakeyan replies.

“Come-on my dear husband don’t make a joke!; It is not funny.!
Don’t talk about that; It make me afraid.”

Rakeyan keeps silent, close his eyes; Seems he tired because of long walking in the forest.

Suddenly, Rakeyan greeps Dyah’s hand tightly and says, “Ahhh, I feel hurt in my stomach !”

“What ?”

“It’s pain, call our shaman right now !”

The Shaman came guarded by his soldiers; He examine The King immediately. He asks, “What pain that you feel ?”

“Stomachache, at here.” The King pointed his belly.

“What the last of food that you have eaten is ?”

“That food.” King says, pointed the plate; The remainder of food still on plate.

The Shaman whispers to a guard, “I need a dog or a cat for testing the food.”

Not so long, a dog comes. It ate the remainder food.
Not so long after that, the dog is going to die.

Shaman says, “The king has been poisoned. The poison has been poured into his food. It must be Arsenic poison.”

Every body surprised and exited.

The King says, softly, “Call on my entire Ministry and Patih, as well as all my family; Now !”

Dyah Lembu Tal commands, “Arrest Karna, the Chef ! He was suspect to kill the King. Go now !

Five soldiers run into the Kitchen. However, Karna has gone.

“Where is Karna ?” The soldier asks to one of Kitchen employee.

“He has gone one hour ago; He said he must go home, because his family was sick.”

“Where is his home ?”

“I don’t know Sir !
Perhaps, he is a man from Pakuan, as his dialect of talking.”

One hundred of Galuh solders run after Karna to Western area. They reached the bank of Citarum River. Raden Wijaya was among of those soldiers.

Finnaly, they found Karna when he used his boat to depart for going home. The Galuh soldiers shoot him with arrows, altogether; Karna’s boat is shooten by many arrows. One of the arrow stab onto chest of Karna.

While Karna’s friends in the opposite bank of river, reply with their arrows. However, the distance is so far that an arrow can’t be able to reach its target.

The second arrow stab onto Karna’s stomach. Karna is suffering and going to die.

Five soldiers of Galuh jump into the river, swim to Karna’s boat. They caught Karna and brought to Kawali City. He still alive and can able to talk.

Raden Wijaya is very angry; He asks loudly,“Hi you bastard ! Did you kill my father ? Confess !” Why did you kill the King ?”

Karna speaks softly, “I am not suppose to kill him, but his wife.”

“So you want to kill my mother ! Why ?”

“In order of Lady Dewi Dara Buana.”

“Are you Sasra Madakara ? Is that your real name ? I knew you when I met you at Cibeurem River, Right ?”

“Yes I am.” Karna says

“I’ve still known you, even though you shave your beard and mustache”

Karna, alias Sasra Madakara can’t speak any more; His face become pale.
After a while, he is dead already.


Chapter 8

The King still alive; He surrounded by his Ministries, Patih and Families as well as the Palace staffs. He can be able to speak, even though the sound is soft; But every body can hear him and be understood.

The King says, “Patih Danureja, please send my family to Singosari, as soon as possible. Your task is important for safety of Dyah Lembu Tal and Raden Wijaya.”

“I will do my task.” Patih Danureja says.

After a while The King keeps silent; Seems he feel hurt and pain. A young man approached the King and fixed his pilow; He is Rakeyan Saunggalah, brother of King.

“After you have done your task then you have to go home immediately; Prepare our Army for fighting !.
Now, I declare war against Sunda Kingdom.
However, we don’t have to attack their Country; We just defence, protect our Kingdom ! ”

The King stopped talking for a while.
Then he continues, “Dyah Lembu Tal my wife and Raden Wijaya my son. Please send my regard to your father and mother

My son, Raden Wijaya, send my regard to your Grandpa, Mahisa Cempaka.
I believe,you will find happyness in Singosari; Therefore, don’t come back to Sunda, except the peace condition has come; and the war has overed.

Brother Rakeyan Saunggalah !; I promote you as a King, replacing me. I want to all of you to support my brother as a King; Even more to fight against Sunda Kingdom.”
The King has made decision concerning the successor of King in Galuh Kingdom.

Dyah Lembu Tal goes near her husband, says, “Did you remember what I said that I will pay back my debt of soul to you ? Therefore I would rather stay than go; I will fight hand in hand with Galuh’s Army; I will donate my soul for Gloria of Galuh Kingdom.
So please Rakeyan ! Give your command to me for fighting !

“No, I insist on you for going home to Singosari, immediatelly !
Protect my son, your son.
Please my dear Dyah, don’t be selfish ! Forget your debt of soul, since I never ask you to pay.”

Dyah Lembu Tal cries, however she looks to try to stop her crying.

The King becomes weak and weak; Finnaly he got short breathing, then he has no more talking. He is dead already.

Dyah can’t be able to stop her crying; Now she cries loudly.
So did the audiences at there.

Patih Danureja comes and whisperes, “My Queen, please prepare your belonging, since we will go for departing to Singosari, right now !”


Chapter 9


A ship has been prepared in Harbor of Pasundan for taking King’s Family. One hundred soldiers of Galuh guarded the family; They are led by Patih Danureja.

The ship disembarked and sail away in hurry. They have to go to Singosari as soon as posible, as King whished in his will.
Fortunately, no one enemies disturb their journey.

In one occasion, The Queen discusses with Patih Danureja.
“Patih, I should attend the ritual of King’s burial ; So what’s your comment ?

Patih answers, “You are right my Queen.
However, the circumstances is remain jeopardy that you will be killed
Even though they have killed our King, but that isn’t their targeted. The real targeted is you. I suppose they have been trying to kill you again and again endlessly, until they have their achievement.
That is the political circumstances in Galuh that you have to know.”

Raden Wijaya says, “Yes Mom, Patih is right.
I myself did the conversation with the murderer, Karna, before he death.
Karna said that the order for killing you, came from Dewi Dara Buana.
Karna didn’t mention the King of Sunda involve in this Assassination.”

Dyah Lembu Tal answers, “Thank you for your information son.
Actually, I should be death, not your father.
Karna has prepared the poison food on my plate; He has produced two plates of food, one for me and the other for your father. I though, the full one of plate for The King and the less one for me. Because of Karna regarded his King.
But actually, Karna prepared the full one especially for me; Because he has poured poison into that plate for killing me.

Accidentally,I have change the plates; Therefore, I ate the one without poison.

I remembers when Karna saw me, has eaten the safe plate; He got pale face by then
He shouldn’t come into Dining Room when I was eating; It’s etiquette of Palace. Seem to me, he just come to make sure that his bad trick has good result. However, he disappointed and even afraid when he imagine that the victim would be the King.”

Dyah Lembu Tal stopped talking; was in view of sea. She got depressed of emotion.

The ship goes forward fastly to Singosari. The passengers are quiet because they mourn, were in sadness emotion.

Not so long Dyah purr, revealed her emotion. Every body heard what she says.

You have safe me for the second time
I have predicted
I regretted you
I should be death, not you.
Political affair always cruel, bad ended
The assassination often happening upon leader
War sometimes happen when both disagree
Oh God of Wisnu, please come down to Earth
Be a wise King on Earth
We need you, making World cool and peace.
Making people become prosperous and happy.



Closing


Lucky for Raden Wijaya when he accidentally met a girl friend, Gayatri, daughter of King Kertanegara of Singosari. Then he becoming son in law of The King.

Raden Wijaya established a new Kingdom in East Java, Majapahit Kingdom.

His struggle, you can read in the story of “The Creator of Majapahit Kingdom “

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cerita2 ini gak dibukukan ya?

Satoto Kusasi said...

Terimakasih atas komentar anda.

Aku ingin ada orang yang mau membukukan cerita-cerita nenek ku.
Karena cerita nenek ku, mungkin saja dapat dipercaya, sebagai berita sejarah yang benar.

Aku sendiri menjadi curiga akan ada orang yang sengaja menyembunyikan berita masa lalu.

Semisal tokoh sejarah, "Dyah Lembu Tal" Didalam buku pelajaran sejarah sewaktu aku masih duduk di kelas SMP, tidak ada.

Nenek ku mengatakan, dia adalah wanita cantik yang terkenal di Singosari, karena kecantikannya. Dia adalah cucu-buyut Ken Dedes.

Karena dia menikah dengan Bangsawan Sunda (Rakeyan Jayadarma) dan kemudian mempunyai anak, Raden Wijaya; Mungkin menjadi penyebab, dia harus 'disembunyikan'

Aku hanya ingin mengatakan dan membenarkan cerita nenek ku, bahwa Raden Wijaya adalah Bangsawan Sunda dari Kerajaan Galuh. Dia kemudian menjadi Raja pertama Kerajaan Majapahit.


Semoga engkau merasa bangga akan sejarah bangsa mu sendiri.


Salam untuk mu dan kawan-kawan mu!

Satoto Kusasi