Monday, April 12, 2010

The forbidden love part 4

Monday, May 26, 2008
The Forbidden Love (Part 4)
The Wrath of The War Lord


Chapter 1

Singo Lodra and Jalak Ireng run their horse day and night. They can change their horse in every military post. Finally, they came to their HQ at Sunda Kelapa, after three days of long journey.

After got rest for a while, they go to Gajah’s office. A guard pleas them for going straight to Gajah's room. Patih Gajah Mada is waiting them; It wasa clue that Singo Lodra and Jalak Ireng are important persons that brought news from the battlefield.

Singo Lodra report, “Master, we can’t be able to do our task since our King has asked us to stop war. The King has been at the enemy Palace that make us wonder.

Because of The King wants to marry with the Princess of our enemy actually.
We didn’t know how come our King can attend at there.
The King asked us to retreat our soldiers back to Singosari.

The King added that he has decided to make Pajajaran Kingdom as a friendship Kingdom. Therefore, we have to make peace with our enemies.”

After that, Singo Lodra give the King’s letter to Gajah.
Gajah read the letter seriously that make wrinkle on his front head appeared.

Gajah Mada didn’t make comment; He just keep silent. However, his face became pale and flush changeable.

Patih Gajah mused, “That is a consequences of a young King with full of his libido; he can’t be able to restrain his lust when he saw a girl.”

Afterward Patih gave his comment, “If you want to marry with a Sunda woman then I will be glad, because of you are not a King.

However, if King Prabu Hayam Wuruk wants to marry a Sunda woman and even more a Princess of our enemy then I will say no.
I am the first man who will say no.”

“Why?” Singo Lodra asked.

“Because of he was a King, our King. If he had married with that woman then his son would have become a King of ours too.
Don’t forget, that King will be a grandson of King Linggabuana, right?

What would you say if that King wants to stay at Pakuan Palace, not Trowulan.
You must remember that he has his right to choose his own Palace.
He has his right to change our flag to become Pajajaran flag.
And then we will have many problems by their married.”

“What are we going to do now?”

“We must obey what ever he wants to. We have to retreat our Army back to Singosari. And we have to make peace with Pajajaran Kingdom.
Finally, we will have a Consort of King a woman name Dyah Pitaloka Citraresmi.
Have you suggestion?”

“No.”

“You said no; therefore, you agreed with the King’s willing, do you?”

“I said no; mean that I have no suggestion to you.”

“Do you agree with your King’s willing?”

“No, I did not.”

“Can you reveal your disagreement straight to your King? I knew you cannot, I too. Because of he was our King.

I disagreed with King’s plan to marry because he wants to marry with Princess of a Kingdom that we want to conquer.

We want to conquer that Kingdom as our plan to agree with Palapa oath.If the King wants to marry with a common Sunda woman then we will agree; no problem.

Was there another Sunda woman that appropriate with our King, accordingyou?”
Patih Gajah asked.

“No, because our King has chosen already, that is Princess Dyah Pitaloka Citraresmi ” Singo said.

Patih Gajah continued, “ Therefore we can’t be able to change.
However, the status of Dyah Pitaloka can be changed by force.
Her title of Princess can be released; Therefore, the King will have concubine.
The King has to find another girl that will become a Consort of King.”

“What you mean with word by force?

“If we could defeat Pajajaran Kingdom at war then Princess Dyah Pitaloka Would have been given to us as tribute payment. Then The King could marry her.
That is the best option of mine.”

“However, that option had been closed by the King.” Singo Lodra added.

“That is mean Palapa oath has failed. We would reach our mission just a part of Nusantara unification because Pajajaran does not include in that unification.”

“What are we going to do Patih?”

“No one could obstruct our task, even though he is a King, my own King.
We have another option that is eliminating him.”

The room became quiet for a moment. Terrified since everybody knew that eliminate is mean kill him, kill the King.

Patih Gajah Mada mused, “I have killed the second King, King Jayanegara (Read the Assassination of King). Seems to me, Goddess asked me to kill the fourth King too, otherwise, I would have found obstacle to finish my task as agree with Palapa Oath. Now I am going to kill you King, for the shake of Nusantara Unity.”

Afterward, Singo Lodra asked, “What you mean with word eliminate? Do you want to kill him? Do you want to kill the King?”

“Yes it was right; why not?”

Singo Lodra and Jalak Ireng didn’t make comment.
To kill a King is not an easy task that could be erupted rebellion.
Afterward, Singo Lodra asked, “Shall we do rebellion?”

“No, we will kill him by a secret way, hoping no body would have known our secret action, before and after the assassination.
I knew the King beloved by Majapahit people; Therefore, we must be careful.
If people have known that assassination then we would have faced civil war.”

“Are you serious Patih?”

“Yes I am; for the shake of Nusantara unity and for the shake of our Great Grandson weapon for chasing the conqueror away.”

“If so then I will follow you.” Singo Lodra said; While Jalak Ireng nodded.

“Let us discuss it in detail with our secret agent group. Remember, don’t divulge the secret task of ours. Do it now! For the shake of Nusantara unity !”


Chapter 2

Meanwhile, King Maharaja Linggabuana watched the enemies tent from balcony of his Palace. White tents covered all the ground of Common field.

“They challenged us to fight; they were so conceited that they have their confidence could defeat us. They believed can be the winner at war.”
The King said to his guards.

His son in law came to accompany as well as Panglima and Princess.

“When they will be going, my son?”

“Please be patient father. The distance between Pakuan and Sunda Kelapa was three days of long journey.

Therefore, one that wants to go vice versa will need six days of journey. Now we have been waiting as long as three days already, then we have to wait three days more.”

“In my mind, three days is a long times.
Any way, what are they doing down there?” The King asked to his son.

Panglima Maung Jaya answered his King, “That was I have thought, Master.
They should come to our Palace, since they have known that their King has been here.
What do you think King of Majapahit?”

“I am sure they have known that I will marry with Princess DyahPitaloka. Unfortunately, they have their military discipline that not allows to make deal or contact with enemy. Therefore, Singo Lodra and his friends can’t make visit to us.

In addition, Jalak Ireng has told his friends that he almost being killed by you Panglima. Now they are really afraid to come.”

“Come on King, don’t be joking; we talked seriously.”

“We supposed that they still regard us as their enemy, even though their King will marry with our Princess.” King Linggabuana said.

“Up until now, the war between the two Countries still have been going on; except their war leader would have announced about peace, no more war.”
King Hayam Wuruk said.

“Who is the war leader?” Panglima asked.

“Patih Gajah Mada.”

“That man should be you, not him”

“I am superior of Patih Gajah then I have instructed to make peace to Gajah. However, Gajah not yet command my decision to Singo Lodra.
Patih Gajah Mada will give his command directly to his entire soldiers,for retreating then go back to Singosari.” King Hayam Wuruk said.

King Maharaja Linggabuana said, “Now we won this war about sixtypercent; after they would have gone then we won one hundred percent.”

“Master, shall we win? We never push into battlefield and I didn’t kill any enemy. Why we could say as winner?” Panglima asked.

“You right, but we won without to do a war; That is the best one of result.
And even we can get a new member of Royal Family; here they are, my son inlaw Prabu Hayam Wuruk.”

In the night, the Camp of enemy crowded by many activities. They made bonfire, sang and reading poetry. It differenced than that thefirst day of their coming.
They are happy because their King is happy. Even though, they didn’t allow contact with their King in Pakuan Palace, however they are allowed to do those activities. They want to show their happy feeling to their King.

In third days, they rolled their tents, put it on the horse back and went away.
Before, they have made tidy the common field at front the Palace as if it theirs.
Their action was really touched in deep heart of People Pajajaran.

Not so long a Majapahit soldier came straight to Prabu Hayam Wuruk witha letter from Patih Gajah Mada.

The letter contended,
King Prabu Hayam Wuruk, the highest War Lord.

We actually would depart to Tuban Harbor, however, we have changed our plan.
We decided to go straight to Palembang Sriwijaya Kingdom to make peace with that Kingdom.
After we would have finished our task then we will come home back toSingosari City.

We will send Penyewu Singo Lodra to pick you up after the wedding party will over.
I and entire soldiers said congratulation to you, King.
Regards
Patih Gajah Mada.

The Royal Family as well as all Palace staffs are happy and satisfy to read Gajah’s letter.
It is a nice letter and polite also.

King Maharaja Linggabuana decided to make two parties, the wedding party of Princess and the winning war party.

The wedding party was merry and wonderful; every body was happy included the Bride and the Groom.
The chief Committee, Panglima Maung Jaya was satisfied and happy too.

The Bride and Groom rest in the sweet wedding room; no body could disturb them.

They talked about everything of happiness; the plan of sweet home,
children of their own, garden yard as well as waterfall of “Cibeureum”.
That was the name of waterfall on rear of Palace.
King Hayam Wuruk have little difficulty to pronounce that name.

“Brother Hayam, I have an experience that make me wonder and frightened.
it seems to me Goddess has heard what I said and what I hope.”

“Will you tell me?”

“When the war would come about, my father and I discussed concerning you and your Patih threatening. The topic of discussion was political expansion of you.
It was awkward invasion of Patih Gajah Mada, as father said.

Therefore, I asked my father why do Patih Gajah want to attack us.
Father didn’t know why, so he suggest me to ask Gajah directly.

I said, Gajah is just a Patih not a King then he has no right to make decision of war.
Father said, Gajah seems have larger authority than that his King.

I asked father, who their King is. Father said, King Hayam Wuruk.
I said, if I could nears him then I will dismiss Patih Gajah Mada.

Father asked, what you mean with word him in your sentence.
I said,King Hayam Wuruk

My father supposed me just making a joke; He laugh at me and asked me for going to sleep.

As if Goddess has heard what I said and agreed with my willing, to be near King Hayam Wuruk. Now, it really happened that you and I was united in a happy family.

However, Goddess asked me now to dismiss Patih Gajah as my consequences of my promise.

Oh God, I am just a weak woman, I can’t be able to dismiss PatihGajah Mada.
You know it like an egg strike a stone.
I can’t be able to full fill Goddess asking.
Please God forgive me.”

Prabu Hayam Wuruk said, “I wonder too, as if Goddess has heard your saying.
Don’t be sad darling, Gajah Mada was OK now, and he will go home and will be nice. He will never being naughty again. Believe me.”

“Please brother Hayam, would you be serious in this matter. Could you help me to full fill God’s asking to me; to dismiss Patih Gajah Mada.?”

“Darling, Patih Gajah Mada is the best warrior of our Army.
No reason to dismiss him.
Believe me he will never come again to Pajajaran Kingdom.”

“I can’t believe on you since Patih Gajah Mada has been fighting now at Palembang and then I believed Sriwijaya Kingdom will be defeated.
He forced The King of Sriwijaya to surrender other wise he will burn their Kingdom Palace.
I am sure Someday he will come again to Pajajaran.”

“If he wants to crush another Kingdom then we would have allowed him to do, except Pajajaran Kingdom.

Please Dyah, could you change our topic to a nice topic.
Please don’t talk about politic since I am already tired.”

“Yes darling I like talking about elephant, the animal. Have you an experience about elephant? (Elephant = Gajah)

”When I was at Sumatera, I have ever found some elephants that were destroying village. They came to the village for eating plantation like rice, cassava, and corn as well as other vegetables plant.

We tried to chase them away, but they didn’t afraid and even they run after us. Finally they destroyed our houses.”

“Yes that is Gajah or elephants; they look like our Patih, Gajah Mada.”

“Come on Darling, again you talked about politic.”

“The last question I want to ask you about Patih Gajah, May I?
Why did Patih have desire to do war?
Why did Patih wants to make all Kingdoms tosurrender under Majapahit authority?”

“Because of he had said his oath, Palapa Oath.”

“Every body could say oath. I think that has no correlation with war ofPatih’s desire. Could you more specific with the Palapa Oath please?”

“Gajah Mada teacher had predicted that a Nation from western Country, would havebeen conquering Majapahit Kindom as long as three hundred and fifty years and may would have been coming forever if we didn’t fight.
We have obligation to give weapon to our great grandsons who want to fight the conqueror. The weapon will be a unification of Nusantara.
Without unity of Nusantara, we would become a weak Nation.
That was a task from his teacher; a big task to unite Nusantara Archipelagoes.”

“I understood now how Gajah has a holly task from his teacher. However,it was just a prediction of a teacher; hoping it would be untrue.
But Gajah was strongly believed that teacher's prediction would come true.” Dyah make comment.

“And we have agreement to do war to unite all Nusantara under authorityof Majapahit. That agreement had launched when Patih said his oath, thePalapa Oath.
The war machine has been going on, up until now and no body can stop it.
Believe me that Pajajaran Kingdom is not included in the united but they will be friendship Country with us.”

“The sound is good, I hope so.

But any way, my dear husband, I have request for you.
Will you be just a commonpeople, not a King. Please give your authority as a King to your Patih.
You Can say to your people that you will do asceticism in the Land of Parahyangan, the Holly Land.
I would be happy, stay with you, serve you as a wife and finally we together would reach heaven of Nirwana.
Will you?”

King Prabu Hayam Wuruk keep silent. He mused, “She was right really; What for a King with large authority upon Nusantara. It would be nothing, no value at all if you compared with the life of here after. Then the best destination is heaven in Nirwana. Her request have to be assessed carefully.”

But afterward he change his mind, “No!... Even, Goddess has given my function as a King. If I have left that function then Goddess would have cursed on me.

How many victims of war has fallen to dead, when I started my political expansion to eastern and to western? How I could say to my great grandsons concerning my promise?

Remember that they would ask me our promised, That was their weapon, unification of Nusantara to chase the conqueror away.”

Afterward, the King said, “I cannot full fill your request darling. I can’t leave my people. Remember I loved you very much. Therefore, you will follow me to Trowulan Palace and be a Consort of King at there.”

Princess was sad. She disappointed and even she afraid to follow her husband to Majapahit, a Country that always launch attack to other Country.
She will be in jeopardy everytime by war condition at there.

Finally, Princess prayed at front her husband,


Oh Goddess, please help me
How I could follow my husband
I have no power to refuse him
I am look like dirt in Wide Ocean
I would rather cast at shore
Than floating between high waves

Oh Goddess, please help me
Will you give me strength?
I should have good muscle to hold a sword
I have to be in battlefield
And will ready for combating
To support my beloved husband

The last request oh Goddess
Patih Gajah could think realize
That his teacher prediction untrue
A western Nation will never conquered Majapahit
It is just excuse of you to attack
Please Gajah be realistic.

The last pray that she whispered was almost cannot be heard,

Oh Goddess
I do not want to follow my husband
Please will you change the scenario of you?
You are the best directing
Moreover, I am the best actor


King Prabu Hayam Wuruk take a deep breath and said, “Dear Dyah, where ever you have been in this World, it could be safe or un-safe.
Jeopardy condition has always threatening us in every minute and every place.
Therefore, a family should always being solid.
A husband always can help his wife and a wife also.
Will you follow me?”

“Yes I will. But when we want to go?”

“As soon as possible”


Chapter 3

Banyu Urip and his friends became part of Pajajaran Army. It was funny,how an enemy became friends and solid.

Somebody has report to military staff that a mob of Majapahit men has come from Sunda Kelapa. They lived in a village first and then they went spread.
Perhaps they want to make terror at Pajajaran.

Then the secret news has come to Banyu Urip.
Banyu Urip did an action immediately. He spread his subordinate in Pakuan City to catch the terrorist.

Not so long Banyu Urip can caught one of them. The man confessed that his task is to kill Princess. He is a member of secret agent thatworks for Patih Gajah Mada.
He denied has task wants to kill Prabu Hayam Wuruk.

After Banyu caught one of them, then the others has gone to the forest.

Banyu made interrogation with him.

“What is your name?”

“My name was Gagak putih.”

“What was your group?”

“Secret agent No.22 my leader was Jaran Kuru. I have task to kill Princess Dyah Pitaloka.”

“Who wants to kill the King?”

“I don’t know”

Banyu Urip is also the secret agent, but he worked for the King, not for Gajah.
Now he press Gagak fingers with his tool; that is the way to force an enemy to confess. After suffering very much, Gagak confessed finally that Singo Lodra has task to kill the King. They will kill the King in the forest when he will have journey to go home to Singosari.

Banyu Urip gave that important news to his King immediately. He go straight to the King’s room and tell him concerning the secret agent plan.

King Prabu Hayam Wuruk can’t believe how Patih could kill his own King.
The King gave suggestion, “Please make everything run well as usual, as if we never know what their planning is.

We must arrested Gagak Putih in a special room of jail or kill him if it is necessary, since he could may divulge or give information to his friends.


(To be continued)
Posted by Satoto Kusasi at 9:12 PM
0 comments:

No comments: